• _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol, how you gonna have an opinion about someone else business

You askin me brotha?
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully dame wins the law suit so he can give beans the 2million that he owe him
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why people say dame owe beans 2 milli? Link?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here we go again
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant they claim it was just a "gift" if there is no contract specifically stating he will get credit and royalties?

Common sense says of course he wanted his money back. But courts dont go off common sense. They go off cold hard facts and paperwork.
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smh it was a interview beans did on the radio around the time he was dissing jay multiple
    times
    and he happens to say in the interview that dame owes him 2 mil.......
    If I find the interview I will post it
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This the same ? being sued by his own lawyers?

6321_6cce.gif
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Hold up what's the problem ? If he really gave him the cheese...? gotta pay what they owe

Had the butler not taken off, this wouldn't have happened. I think we all know that.

? that's with any investment if it doesnt work smh
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smh it was a interview beans did on the radio around the time he was dissing jay multiple
    times

He said 11 million not 2
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

times

So because he said it on the radio it must be true...right
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    This the same ? being sued by his own lawyers?

6321_6cce.gif

Except he's not
  • Me1971
    Me1971 Members Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    Options

times

So because he said it on the radio it must be true...right

He said it in a thisis50.com interview also.
  • Viktor
    Viktor Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    Options
    ? want his money. got bills to pay, what's the problem?
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude talking like he put Kevin Hart on ....... Dame made low budget movie and needed a cheap funny actor ....... He picked a funny up and coming comedian/actor who was working for cheap back then. Kev did what he was paid to do, what else does he owe?!

When you look at it, Dame resume is not impressive ........ Jay & Rachel Ray are the only two stand out moments of his career ..... what else is there?
    He didn't find Jay, Jay name already had some buzz on the underground when somebody introduced them ........ He didn't build up Rachel Roy, she was already a designer on the come up through the ranks of Roc-a-wear ...... dude likes to take credit for ? he got in on that was already in motion.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaoo you're exactly what a hater is, champ
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol where's the hate tho ...... what did I mis?
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    If the story is true Dame is right. He gave people money to make movies. he should either get his money back or Executive Production credits, which are useful when you are trying to get your foot in the door in Hollywood.

theres always 2 sides tho lol ... so im def waiting to hear what the other side has to say .. if they say anything
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Dude talking like he put Kevin Hart on ....... Dame made low budget movie and needed a cheap funny actor ....... He picked a funny up and coming comedian/actor who was working for cheap back then. Kev did what he was paid to do, what else does he owe?!

When you look at it, Dame resume is not impressive ........ Jay & Rachel Ray are the only two stand out moments of his career ..... what else is there?
    He didn't find Jay, Jay name already had some buzz on the underground when somebody introduced them ........ He didn't build up Rachel Roy, she was already a designer on the come up through the ranks of Roc-a-wear ...... dude likes to take credit for ? he got in on that was already in motion.

I'm not one of these true believers of Dame's business acumen but the bold is pretty much what the type of business he's in is all about. Essentially Dame is a culture vulture type business man (to use his own favorite new terminology) but he seems to get out-hustled at every turn.

His career reminds me of this song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-rIWUAQuI
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yall dudes backwards as hell. While yall were championing how "real" he was, I was one of the main one's gettin at that ngga's neck. So now since nggas like me have opened some eyes, yall clownin.

He's sueing for money he feels is legally due to him... I see no issue here. I'd rather him do this than beg for money or do another inteview with his barber about it.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's not forget that the last time this guy was in the news it was because his previous lawyer dropped him for not paying up for what seemed to be another frivolous lawsuit which happened to be based on him suing yet another former lawyer of his.

This isn't going to end well.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if they do owe him, he should get it