The Official 2014/2015 Football/Soccer Thread

Options

Comments

• lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They'll drop points for sure at some stage but you look at that squad (and the bench) and you just think welp
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo what postion is Schurrle playing 2nite??? Im not watching the game...
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    The thing is Burnley are literially a Championship team in the Prem, I cant see them staying up...
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Burnley haven't been that bad tho...real spit
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »

Really??? I thought they would be getting battered this season... You wheres Schurrle playing btw???
  • DNB1
    Options

Really??? I thought they would be getting battered this season... You wheres Schurrle playing btw???

Right mid...
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see cesc done set up 2 goals already.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • Gripsta77
    Gripsta77 Members Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Cesc wearing that disgusting jersey. Good game tho.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_naimlsLzof1ry3rxao2_500.png

13 flops minimum for busquet and Suarez a game.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Thiery Henry documentary on SkySport5... Looks like a dope watch...
  • Gripsta77
    Gripsta77 Members Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Manc got 79 pts this week smh.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is an option for Atletico Madrid. The Spanish champions are considering the unsettled Dane.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    John Terry takes the Ice Bucket Challenge... and then nominates old foe Rafael Benitez
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Lincoln boss Simpson uses jelly babies as tactics board after team coach fails to turn up

article-2728031-209DF2B300000578-537_308x319.jpg
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @s0j0urner‌ avi bet for the city Liverpool match this Saturday?

Okay.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chelsea can definitely challenge however I see Costa catching a one or two bans these season . Magnificent player but a horrible ? .

• K_Fisher
    Options

Don't let opening weekend fool you.All teams come out swinging hard.Once the onslaught of fixtures starts pouring then the top managers and teams will stand out.In fact opening weekend is the worst for bets
  • K_Fisher
    Options

Don't let opening weekend fool you.All teams come out swinging hard.Once the onslaught of fixtures starts pouring then the top managers and teams will stand out.In fact opening weekend is the worst for bets
  • DNB1
    Options
    Paper talk...
    REAL MADRID boss Carlo Ancelotti has told Angel di Maria: Sign for Manchester United if you want.
    The Red Devils are poised to make a £66million double swoop for Real winger Di Maria and Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo.

Ancelotti yesterday revealed Argentina World Cup star Di Maria will decide his own future.

He said: “I don’t know what Di Maria has decided. Until August 31 he will be here in principle. If from there he stays, or is no longer with us, we will think about it later.

“After August 31, everything will be cleared up.”

United boss Louis van Gaal is desperate to bring in some fresh blood following Saturday’s humiliating 2-1 Premier League home defeat to Swansea.

He is ready to splash £50m on Di Maria and another £16m on fellow Argentine Rojo, who had refused to train with Sporting to force a dream move to Old Trafford.

LVG could also sweeten the ? for Rojo by offering Nani to Sporting Lisbon on a season–long loan.

That would mean a return to the club United paid £25.5m for him seven years ago.

Rojo, who can play on the left side of central defence or as a wing back, would help to shore up a defence that looks short on quality following the summer departures of Nemaja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra.

Di Maria is ready to play for the Champions League winners in tonight’s Spanish Supercopa clash with Atletico Madrid.

But he could be surplus to requirements at a club who can also call on Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, and £65m newcomer James Rodriguez.

Ancelotti added: “Di Maria is training and he could help us in this match.

“He is ready to play.”

• DNB1
    Options
    Paper talk....
    TIM SHERWOOD is closing in on the Crystal Palace job.
    Talks have advanced to such a level the club may announce today who will succeed Tony Pulis in the Selhurst Park hotseat.

Sherwood was very confident yesterday morning he had landed the job ahead of Malky Mackay following weekend negotiations.

Sherwood, 45, is ironing out issues with Palace co-chairman Steve Parish over assistants Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey plus new signings.

The choice of backroom staff became a sticking point as Parish wants to retain Keith Millen.

He stepped up to lead the team for a second time at Arsenal last weekend — just 48 hours after Pulis left the club by mutual consent.

Pulis’ assistants Dave Kemp and Gerry Francis left yesterday but Millen is expected to stay on to help provide continuity.

Sherwood’s targets were also a topic for debate with both parties seeking to compromise on which are suitable financially and tactically for the club.

The ex-England midfielder was sacked at the end of last season after taking over in December following Andre Villas-Boas’ axe.

It is believed he would want to make an instant move for Spurs outcast Michael Dawson.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K_Fisher wrote: »
    Chelsea can definitely challenge however I see Costa catching a one or two bans these season . Magnificent player but a horrible ? .

Eh. Drogba is his back up. Even at this stage hes still solid. He score a decent amount of goals For galatastary and the elephants, in the past year.
    He can hold down a game or two.
  • DNB1
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Rojo confirmed at United 8 hrs ago?
    Marcos Rojo looks set to complete his €20m (£16m) move to Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon.

The defender confirmed that he is to join Louis van Gaal's side in an interview with Argentinian radio Continental.

“It feels like a dream, to be a Manchester United player. Leaving Sporting wasn’t easy,” he said.

The 24-year-old added that he had spoken to former United midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron about the club when they were team-mates: “He told me about them when we played for Estudiantes.”

It has been claimed that the World Cup star will sign a four-year contract, with the option of extending the deal for a further year with Nani heading the other way.

The deal could be completed as soon as tomorrow with Rojo expected to fly into Manchester later today to complete his medical.

Rojo apologised to Sporting Lisbon on Sunday evening after refusing to train in an effort to push through the move to United.

“I was hot-headed and I’m sorry. I’ll be back with the rest of the squad tomorrow,” he said.

“Sporting signed me when I was not at my best and gave me the opportunity to play for a big club in Europe. I would like to thank the trust they had in me and I will resume training on Monday.”

Van Gaal was in the market for a left-sided defender to bolster his 3-5-2 system given the three recognised centre-backs in his squad, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans, are all predominately right-sided.

• DNB1
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So I'm sure he gonna be on the left...

It's a start.

I guess LVG said ? Luke Shaw...lol.