Police gun down 17 year old unarmed black teen. (Update) Darren Wilson Not Indicted

Options

Comments

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Infiltrators/anarchists trying to get people killed

This is my biggest concern.

They what the enemy wants and what the enemy is capable of.

And they using people's anger, rage and frustration to lead them to their (senseless) deaths

• BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Some powerful ? just happened on CNN

What happened? I don't watch them.
  • BlaqueHoney01
    Options
    Ima tell you this and cosign and let me know if y'all thought about it: we see a lot of middle eastern participation and support is this not a good opportunity and recruiting tool for terrorist to engage these people and make them realize that America is a powder keg and don't care about black race. I think it will be a perfect opportunity for lil groups to be formed to fight against America

No lie, I was seriously thinking about this. I was saying to my loneself how easy it would be for the "enemy" to recruit people for the cause with all this going on. That is how it happens I think. The government, no matter the faction, does something to really ? someone off, and they are hell bent on revenge. I honestly was picturing a situation while I was reading that article a couple pages back about the human rights reports China said the US was doing. I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't thought about it.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima tell you this and cosign and let me know if y'all thought about it: we see a lot of middle eastern participation and support is this not a good opportunity and recruiting tool for terrorist to engage these people and make them realize that America is a powder keg and don't care about black race. I think it will be a perfect opportunity for lil groups to be formed to fight against America

No lie, I was seriously thinking about this. I was saying to my loneself how easy it would be for the "enemy" to recruit people for the cause with all this going on. That is how it happens I think. The government, no matter the faction, does something to really ? someone off, and they are hell bent on revenge. I honestly was picturing a situation while I was reading that article a couple pages back about the human rights reports China said the US was doing. I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't thought about it.

Feed me the link, if possible
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I've been frustrated by the lack of info from the cops. If this wasn't a good shoot, then the cop needs to face the consequences. However, after seeing the video of Brown robbing the store, I'll not shed any tears at his demise.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here's y'all got-damn terrorists,right here

Conservatives Suggest Armed Rebellion If They Can’t Impeach President Obama

image17-485x363.jpg
    http://www.politicususa.com/2014/08/18/conservatives-suggest-armed-rebellion-impeach-president-obama.html
    If one listens carefully to conservative devotees, especially those on the far right (the entirety of the movement), a perpetual refrain is their staunch belief in liberty, the U.S. Constitution, revolution-era America, the Founding Fathers, and religious freedom. What one never hears a Republican, teabagger, or their religious extremist brethren say they believe in, champion, or swear to defend is democracy.

It might seem curious how one can be a so-called ardent defender of the Constitution and claim loyalty to America and yet despise what is really the basic foundation of this country, democracy, but when one considers why they hate the democratic process, it is painfully obvious they hate the Constitution and America

Home-Grown, Right-Wing Terrorism
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/11/home-grown-right-wing-terrorism-the-hate-the-gop-refuses-to-see.html
    As the Las Vegas shootings show, right-wing extremism is real and on the rise. But for Republicans, better to focus on the Muslims.
    Remember in 2009, right at the start of the Obama era, when then-Secretary of Department of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano issued a report (PDF) entitled: “Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment”?

The report was truly prescient. It alerted us to the rise of right-wing extremism, such as from white supremacist groups, and warned that unchecked, it could lead to violence.
  • BlaqueHoney01
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    The World’s Most Repressive Regimes Delight In U.S. ? Down In Ferguson
    BY HAYES BROWN
    POSTED ON AUGUST 18, 2014 AT 10:23 AM UPDATED: AUGUST 18, 2014 AT 11:51 AM

AP289595627715-638x408.jpg
    Police advance after tear gas was used to disperse a crowd of protesters in Ferguson, MO on Sunday
    CREDIT: AP PHOTO/CHARLIE RIEDEL

After years of being critiqued for its own crackdowns against dissidents, China has begun to use the ongoing clashes between police and protesters and police in Ferguson, MO as a way to lambaste the United States for hypocrisy, joining other repressive regimes in expressing no small amount of schadenfreude at the current situation.

The Chinese government either directly owns or oversees all media within the country, including the Xinhua news service. As such, the op-ed published on Monday from commentator Li Li can be read as being an unofficial statement from Beijing. In the article, Li takes the United States to task for not yet realizing Dr. Martin Luther King’s dream, noting that “despite the progress, racial divide still remains a deeply-rooted chronic disease that keeps tearing U.S. society apart, just as manifested by the latest racial riot in Missouri.”

Li’s article goes on to argue that though “racial differences and conflicts are unavoidable” in multicultural countries like the United States — unlike China, where more than 90 percent of its citizens are ethnic Han — the U.S.’ history exacerbates the situation. “However, it is undeniable that racial discrimination against African Americans or other ethnic minorities, though not as obvious as in the past, still persists in every aspect of U.S. social lives, including employment, housing, education, and particularly, justice,” the op-ed reads. “In a highly-mixed society like the United States, such racial inequalities could only jeopardize social peace and security. It is highly advisable for the country to make extra efforts to effectively uproot racism in all fields so as to prevent tragedies from recurring.”

“Uncle Sam has witnessed numerous shooting sprees on its own land and launched incessant drone attacks on foreign soil, resulting in heavy civilian casualties,” Li concludes. “Each country has its own national conditions that might lead to different social problems. Obviously, what the United States needs to do is to concentrate on solving its own problems rather than always pointing fingers at others.”

The tweak at the United States “pointing fingers at others” is a reference to the United States’ annual human rights report that it issues on countries around the world. And every year, the report on China continues to be grim. “Repression and coercion, particularly against organizations and individuals involved in civil and political rights advocacy and public interest issues, ethnic minorities, and law firms that took on sensitive cases, were routine,” the most recent report reads. “Increasingly officials employed harassment, intimidation, and prosecution of family members and associates to retaliate against rights advocates and defenders. –

In response, China every year for the last fifteen years has issued a human rights report of its own, specifically examining the United States’ record. “Acting as the world’s judge of human rights, the U.S. made arbitrary attacks and irresponsible remarks on the human rights situation in almost 200 countries and regions,” the editorial from Xinhua accompanying the report read. In the full report, the Chinese government takes the U.S. to task for the use of armed drones against civilians in Pakistan and Yemen, refers to the National Security Agency’s surveillence programs as a blatant violation of international law” that “seriously infringes on human rights,” and notes that “80,000 U.S. prisoners are in solitary confinement in the country.”

Given the delight that the Chinese government has previously taken criticizing the U.S. for incidents such as Hurricane Katrina and cracking down on Occupy Wall Street, it’s actually odd that Li’s article is the first piece discussing Ferguson in this context. One theory, according to the Wall Street Journal’s China Realtime blog is that the Chinese government doesn’t want to draw comparisons between Ferguson and the unrest the country is currently trying to suppress in the Xinjiang region, where the Han are in the minority. “The concern is that, if they report it too much, it might set off a response domestically,” Qiao Mu, director of the Center for International Communications Studies at Beijing Foreign Studies University, said to the Journal. “The situation is similar to Xinjiang. They don’t want to attract any fire.”

But China isn’t alone in using its state-run media to highlight what it views as hypocrisy over human rights from the United States. Russia Today, which is controlled through the Kremlin, has maintained a liveblog of the situation and has deployed at least one reporter to the scene. On the other hand, they’ve also used the protests to mock reports that the Kremlin deployed a man who was until recently acting as commander of rebel forces to Ukraine.

Likewise, Iran’s state-run Press TV has run several stories on Ferguson, including at least one that appears to have been pilfered from American outlet The Hill. On his Twitter account, Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei went further, tweeting out: “Based on global statistics,US govt is the biggest violator of #HumanRights. Besides int’l crimes,it commits crimes against its ppl” and “Today like previous years, African-Americans are still under pressure, oppressed and subjected to discrimination. #Ferguson.”

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/08/18/3472299/china-russia-iran-ferguson/

@T. Sanford this is the article I was talking about
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    Come on....not Chris and Craig
    :-t

Ferguson Protesters Throw Rocks at Chris Hayes’ Head

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-ferguson-protesters-throw-rocks-at-chris-hayes-head/
    MSNBC’s Chris Hayes was reporting live from Ferguson, Missouri Monday night when protesters began throwing rocks at him. It appeared that he was hit at least once before his colleague Craig Melvin stepped in and helped block him from the unexpected onslaught.

“Tell the true story!” one protester shouted at the MSNBC crew.

“People are angry man, they are real angry,” Hayes said.

White boy been putting mad work,reporting what the pigs are up to....and this the thanks he gets?

smh.gif

Not a good look

I seen it happen live

It was maybe 3, 4 young guys responsible for the rock throwing

They had no idea who chris was, and stated they were angry with how the media was portraying the protest

Let's not make a big deal of this lol

Obviously fox news is going to jump on the story, but who cares ... there audience already doesn't think much of blks anyways...and outside of the tea party crowd they lack credibility
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tibet is cool with me.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    And ? had a problem with Snowden exposing our sham ass gov't ?

I still don't see it.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    emdiggy wrote: »
    I hate these 'Black on Black' crime Interjectionist as if White-on-White crime doesn't have its own network called Discovery ID

I seen somebody say "police killed a teenager but nobody don't say anything about black on black crime".

I'm looking like "all race murder each other & besides wtf that have to do with a cop killing an unarmed teen?"
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    waterproof wrote: »
    If this killer walk I'm considering to move out United States, it ain't safe to be a Black Man in America.

That been on my mind too

I'm talking to this foreign chick yesterday & I'm highly considering that option because black men or treated like terrorists over here

"For black people to realize that no matter how hard we try this country was not meant for us and to collectively take ourselves over to Liberia"

I said this about 2 months ago, looks like people are finally starting to understand. although liberia may not be the best place im not sure where else.

Liberia is a good place to go but beware they've had a long history of conflict between Americans and natives
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is footage circulating that seems to show Mike paying for his ? . WTF is going on?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is footage circulating that seems to show Mike paying for his ? . WTF is going on?

Say word. Link ?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh.....
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    "Supposedly, the video shows Brown robbing the store,
    taking a box of cigars. However, the attorney for Ferguso
    Market says that it was not anyone from the store that
    called police to report a robbery. In fact, a customer calle
    to report what he viewed as a robbery.
    How, then, did police get the tape? According to St. Louis
    News , the attorney said, " ‘during the course of Ferguson'
    investigation, the police department from Ferguson, came
    the store and asked for to review the tape." In other word
    the tape was not viewed by police until after Michael Bro
    was dead in the street.
    In their fervent effort to cast Brown in a negative light, th
    missed that the video seems to show Brown paying for th
    Swisher Sweets.
    While it is difficult to be 100% certain, the video appears t
    show Brown purchasing some cigars, but lacking the
    money for the amount he wished to buy. Brown seems to
    purchase some cigarillos, pay for them, attempt to buy
    more, then replace the ones he could not afford.
    The confrontation between Brown and the clerk may have
    been because Brown impatiently reached across the
    counter. Perhaps it was wrong for Brown to shove the
    employee (it is impossible to know what words were
    exchanged) but this footage seems to exonerate him. It is
    important to note that Brown only shoved the clerk after h
    put his hands on him.
    "

I don't know how true this is.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know, in a regular ass murder case, all the flaws and lies would've been brought up w the quickness, yet in this one, no one cares to do that here...
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

Say word. Link ?
    Max. wrote: »

Bruh.....

Idk which sites are credible. I just googled "mike brown paid for cigars"

These are some results. There's alot

A6317823-A099-46F9-94AF-D2E7013A41C0_zpsvv8pqfwl.png

0AD28843-BE56-453E-A7A4-74D65814B93E_zpslkagis1r.png
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have my thoughts on this whole situation.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the video, his friend does put the box of swishers back onto the counter and Brown walks out with a few 5-packs... it's hard to tell if he actually paid for them, what I see in the video is he didn't... but if he did pay for them, why did the clerk seem to want to not allow him to leave? I think that highlights he did take them without paying, maybe he meant to pay for them but when he reached for the other ones and the clerk tried to take them back, he may have said something disrespectful and Brown didn't like that and walked out w/o paying, sorta as a ? you to the clerk..

regardless what they figure out though, the tape shouldn't have any type of influence the case.. he had no type of weapons.. no weapon was at the scene and he was murdered as he surrendered..
  • BlaqueHoney01
    edited August 2014
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Charles Blow out here droppin knowledge.... guess who invented the gas mask??????

Who invented it?

Black man named Garrett Morgan, and he also invented the traffic signal.