The Official MMA Thread: Alvarez TKOs Gaethje, Ngannou KOs Overeem, Holloway TKOs Aldo

Options

Comments

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/21575-rumble-queries-jones-accident-would-love-to-ko-bullyq-overeem

Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson stay whining about Overeem. Ok this guy roughed you up during sparring, let it go and KIM. That's just how we train in Holland. lol @ a dude cutting to evade HW's and scared to fight his natural bodyweight having the ? to talk bad about anyone, let alone a dude that has accomplished way more than him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB_jjbABIFs

This brother is an eyewitness and put that sh*t Rumble spoke on to rest permanently.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    If you actually believe Wanderlei got KO'd you're talking the word of a crackhead felon. So Wanderlei gets KO'd then goes out and actually fights an hour or so later beating Ricardo Arona, yeah okay sure.

You do know that PRIDE had worked/fixed matches right? I take Charles Bennett word on this. Because someone asked Wanderlei about him and the Bennett altercation and he said no comment.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you actually believe Wanderlei got KO'd you're talking the word of a crackhead felon. So Wanderlei gets KO'd then goes out and actually fights an hour or so later beating Ricardo Arona, yeah okay sure.

You do know that PRIDE had worked/fixed matches right? I take Charles Bennett word on this. Because someone asked Wanderlei about him and the Bennett altercation and he said no comment.

Yes, like 3 or 4 matches were fixed, mainly the two MMA fights Nobuhiko Takada won especially his fight against Mark Coleman. I'm still not taking the words of a crackhead/? seriously and if he did okay I guess but it had to be a cheapshot because there's no way 155 pound Krazy Horse could beat a prime juiced to the gills 203 pound Silva.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/21575-rumble-queries-jones-accident-would-love-to-ko-bullyq-overeem

Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson stay whining about Overeem. Ok this guy roughed you up during sparring, let it go and KIM. That's just how we train in Holland. lol @ a dude cutting to evade HW's and scared to fight his natural bodyweight having the ? to talk bad about anyone, let alone a dude that has accomplished way more than him.

This brother is an eyewitness and put that sh*t Rumble spoke on to rest permanently.

Andrei Arlovski just came out and said Overeem goes way too hard in training too.

But I actually think in MMA Rumble has accomplished more than Overeem. In kickboxing yes Overeem did very well but he was also roided to the max.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    edited August 2014
    Options

Yes, like 3 or 4 matches were fixed, mainly the two MMA fights Nobuhiko Takada won especially his fight against Mark Coleman. I'm still not taking the words of a crackhead/? seriously and if he did okay I guess but it had to be a cheapshot because there's no way 155 pound Krazy Horse could beat a prime juiced to the gills 203 pound Silva.

I thought Wanderlei was 185 during his PRIDE days? Middleweight was 185 though. Oh, nevermind
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I thought Wanderlei was 185 during his PRIDE days? Middleweight was 185 though. Oh, nevermind

Middleweight in Pride was 205

• Rampage12
    Options
    T.Vick04 wrote: »

Actually it was 203 and Welterweight was 183.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Silva was so damn juiced in the pride days he woke up with his white sheets tinted green cause thats what color his sweat was.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    T.Vick04 wrote: »

Actually it was 203 and Welterweight was 183.

That's why I said oh nevermind. I corrected myself
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Silva was so damn juiced in the pride days he woke up with his white sheets tinted green cause thats what color his sweat was.

If he weren't on the juice in Pride you were a damn fool with the testing being so minimal, seriously you were running the risk of getting hurt.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Everybody in Pride juiced. Thought this was common knowledge. Who gives a f*ck though?

Andrei Arlovski just came out and said Overeem goes way too hard in training too.

But I actually think in MMA Rumble has accomplished more than Overeem. In kickboxing yes Overeem did very well but he was also roided to the max.
    I've personally seen him beat guys up that were way below his level. I've seen other famous kickboxers do the same. They figure you're fairgame when you step onto the canvas and spar with them and in a way they're right. That's what separates the elite from the rest. If you can't deal with it go train with the recreational fighters/ veterans/ novices.
    Another thing we have to take into account is in Holland we spar way harder than in the US. There's a reason Holland has been the #1 martial arts country since the late 70's.
    Bottom line Rumble needs to quit whining about Overeem...

Overeem has been fighting world class fighters since over a decade, was the Strikeforce HW champ, beat fighters of Werdum's stature (who has Rumble beaten that was anywhere close to Werdum?) and if we're gonna measure accomplishments through the money the fighters have made I'm almost positive Reem's made way more money than Rumble. Reem is more popular and known than Rumble in Rumble's own country, let alone ountries like Japan and Brazil.
    Even if Overeem didn't have these accomplishments I just summed up, atleast he fights at his weight. Rumble is cutting and fighting (way) below his natural bodyweight to evade HW's (and LHW's). He ain't in no position to talk ? about a man of Alistair's stature.
  • Muhannad
    Options

Thats cause overeem doesnt know his own strength. You can tell in the way he moves that he is a spazz.
    Every school has a spazz, overeem aint the first and damn sure wont be the last.

You can tell he trying tho, he just akward in his own flesh.
    That's actually accurate. You can see who knows what they're talking about and who are just engaging in dumb fantalk.

When Reem was training at FFC with Tyrone Spong and them they used to nickname him "Pinicchio" because of his (lack of) technique and flexibility.

People need to stop complaining about him though. Notice how hardly no'one of prominence has came out and b*tched about him being too rough during training. This dude has worked his a*s off to get where he's at. He been fighting competitively since the late 90's. His big brother Valentijn was actually more talented than him, but had a different work ethic (let's leave it a that). I can't do nothing but respect this man for doing what he did.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Black_Samson, @iKingGodGivBiz, @cainvelasquez, @Will Munny...

Crazy story from Swiss. My German isn't what it used to be, but what I got out of this is that this fighter Shemsi Beqiri left his former trainer Paulo Balicha and started his own gym. Paulo Balicha called him out to fight on full muay thai rules. Shemsi Beqiri declined the challenge. One day Balicha and his cronies, armed and with masks, stepped into Beqiri's gym and forced Beqiri to fight one on one against Paulo Balicha. Later turned out that Balicha had brass knuckles under his bandages.
    Balicha was losing the fight, so his goons stepped in and jumped Beqiri like cowards. These geniuses filmed themself commiting various crimes though. This sh*t is crazy to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYfuqQ3Sm5o

damn ....thats my city.

I need to stop by there to check out some fights
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options

Overeem beat Vitor twice, Frank Mir and Brock, lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

In fact an overweight AJ got choked out by Vitor.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Overeem beat Werdum also
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Everybody in Pride juiced. Thought this was common knowledge. Who gives a f*ck though?

I've personally seen him beat guys up that were way below his level. I've seen other famous kickboxers do the same. They figure you're fairgame when you step onto the canvas and spar with them and in a way they're right. That's what separates the elite from the rest. If you can't deal with it go train with the recreational fighters/ veterans/ novices.
    Another thing we have to take into account is in Holland we spar way harder than in the US. There's a reason Holland has been the #1 martial arts country since the late 70's.
    Bottom line Rumble needs to quit whining about Overeem...

Overeem has been fighting world class fighters since over a decade, was the Strikeforce HW champ, beat fighters of Werdum's stature (who has Rumble beaten that was anywhere close to Werdum?) and if we're gonna measure accomplishments through the money the fighters have made I'm almost positive Reem's made way more money than Rumble. Reem is more popular and known than Rumble in Rumble's own country, let alone ountries like Japan and Brazil.
    Even if Overeem didn't have these accomplishments I just summed up, atleast he fights at his weight. Rumble is cutting and fighting (way) below his natural bodyweight to evade HW's (and LHW's). He ain't in no position to talk ? about a man of Alistair's stature.

Hahahaha Overeem beat ? Paul Buentello for the Strikeforce title and defended it exactly once against Brett ? Rogers. That's a freaking joke. Overeem is a chump steroid abuser with a glass jaw.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Overeem beat Werdum also

And Werdum beat Overeem as well.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Overeem beat Werdum also

And Werdum beat Overeem as well.

Who has AJ beat besides Phil Davis n Lil Nog? I'll take Overeems resume any day over AJs
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Eddie Alvarez was officially released from Bellator today and will be fighting Donald Ceronne at UFC 178
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Eddie Alvarez was officially released from Bellator today and will be fighting Donald Ceronne at UFC 178

I think I got Cerrone by first round finish.