Police gun down 17 year old unarmed black teen. (Update) Darren Wilson Not Indicted

Options

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »

Sad but true
    might be the most powerful and prophetic thing ive seen in this thread on the internet

they even got the number of shots right, 6
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They out there purging blacks.......
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    [/b ]Well said alot of blacks don't understand he's President of the United States and not President of Black people.

He has to give the appearance of being somewhat objective particularly on a sensitive issue such as this one were his opinion could possibly sway thoughts patterns and perspectives he in short he can't be Willie Dynamite.

A lot of folks also don't understand that everything he says and does is thought out and calculated amongst himself and his panel of advisors and constituents.

Little to nothing is done in the spur of the moment.
    You are confused on what's happening in Furgeson and why ? loss trust in Obama. We understand he's not the "President of black people". But he's not the President of Iraq, Palenstine or Afganistan either. But he sure is doing everything in his power to protect those people from those that wish harm on them. So with black ppl, it should be no different. You see a culture of arrogant azz white cops blatantly murdering ? and getting off free. Not only that, but dragging the dead victims name in the mud through the process. The SAME racist cops would gladly take a gun and do harm to him given the chance.

So by him not really addressing this ? or making sure the investigaton stays fair, it means he CLEARLY don't give a ? about the ppl who got him elected. Darren Wilson at the MINIMUM should be in custody. There should be answers on why he neglected paramedics or why he never called the murder in. There should be answers on why that kids body wasn't put in a ambulance. There should be answers why he was able to leave this crime scene without being questioned. Yet this ? Obama telling us we need to "stop yelling" and "looting", the ? the media been force feeding every day. ? Obama

You're comparing a domestic issue response to foreign policy response. Not the same at all. If he were to call for Darren Wilson to be arrested it would ? up the prosecution before it starts. From the looks of things, a conviction from St.Louis County prosecutors is highly unlikely. The only chance for justice is a Federal trial. He can't come out and seem like he's making statements on the case picking a side based on public uproar. That will ? up any hope of justice for Mike Brown.

Y'all are sooo focused on what he SAYS. Y'all aren't paying attention to what he's DOING. He brought the federal government into the picture through HIS Department of Justice to launch an investigation completely INDEPENDENT of St.Louis county's investigation. They even performed their OWN autopsy. This is UNHEARD of. There's no precedent for that. You think George Bush would've made that happen? Ronald Reagan? Hell even Bill Clinton? Hell naw. The attorney general is heading down to Ferguson his damn self to oversee the investigation personally. You ? really don't get it.

It's like Black people have so little power they don't recognize the subtleties of it. But you know what I'ma let y'all cook though.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    Obama's speech was some ? , I can't even front. I'm still ? about it. Smh

What people got to understand about Obama is..if he were to come out and pick an obvious side on the case, the defense of the cop would LOVE it because they could claim that they can not be able to get a fair trial because the president forced opinion. And then they could have the case thrown out if the officer gets charged. He has to play it cool publicly. Behind closed doors, he sent Eric Holder on the case to handle ? . Dude been gettin busy on civil rights ? on the low for the past 6 years and ? dont e n.o.

He already hinted at how he doesn't approve of how the local police have responded to the protests and said that people have a right to express themselves in the public space. When the L.A. riots were happening, all George Bush Sr. had to say about it was "anarchy will not be tolerated" and he sent in the Marines and 7th infantry division to quell the unruly negroes.

Also just because Obama is on his last term now doesn't mean he has nothing to lose. Midterm elections are coming up and needs to see more democrats in congress if he hopes to get ANYTHING else done for his last two years. Also, president's political careers don't end when they leave office even if he doesn't want to run for anymore office further. He don't want to have his name be mud when he leaves office. He still wants to be able to endorse candidates and yield influence, like Bill Clinton. Nobody ? with Bush so all that ? can do is sit up and paint cats all day.

Long story short, Obama can't just come out in a dashiki looking like Rafael de la Ghetto talking about "? the pigs". He got to play the game on the public front. Eric Holder not a politician though and he's been putting in work.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread and I've seen it mentioned on a few news programs talking about Obama's reaction to this and why he hasn't come out more aggressively and they've pretty much mirrored this while also bringing up the ? storm that broke out when Obama publicly called out the officer who arrested Henry Gates and what that caused. Pretty much saying that situation is why is he now attempts to play the middle when it comes to publicly commenting on ? like this
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    The case is going before a grand jury tomorrow
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    I wish we as Black people would stop picking and choosing the what flavor of the week to hop on next.

Don't get me wrong I believe what happened to Michael Brown was wrong based on the things I've heard, but where are Blacks when White folks do other injustices against us.

Seems like one of our youth has to be killed by some corrupt policeman before we even ban together.

Look at the prison system for example Black men are the most incarcerated race of men in America.

I don't necessarily condone or justify recreational drug use but there is no way some brother should be getting decades behind bars for small amounts of drugs while some White boy/man can be driving ? and ? a whole family and be diagnosed with affluenza (having to much money) and walk.

I don't see to many Black folks planning marches for our brothers unjustly locked down though.

There are more Black men like Darryl Hunt in America than there are Trayvon Martin's or Michael Brown's.

I see brothers and some sisters as well on this "free so and so movement" to knowing damn well so and so murdered somebody's son but you talking about free him though.

There is never any excuse to ? a man unless your life is threatened or your family's life is threatened.

We need to go on crusades against White infrastructure if you have that big of a problem with the White establishment.

Quit taking your business to White owned establishments and support Black owned businesses

I see a lot of Black folks mad in Ferguson, MO about this situation and rightfully so yet they're burning up looting their own neighborhoods.

I don't know what kinda backwards logic and thinking that is.

1) @ bolded Nggas been fightin this battle for years, and it actually reached as high as you'd pray for it to go, right on the president's desk. And Obama recently (actually not recent at all, in 2010) signed legislation to reduce/get rid of mandatory minimums and fight for fair sentencing. Here's an article from Eric Holder recently,

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/12/politics/holder-mandatory-minimums/

but again thats been in the news for literally most of Obama's 2 terms. Odd that as concerned about it you are, you havent heard anything about it. *steve buschemi gif*

2) There is the ability to walk and chew gum. That logic of 'why we talk about this, but not that' is horse ? .

3) @ underlined the ? does that have to do w/ this. See #2

1) There are a few soldiers fighting that battle but not enough we need this type of energy put into getting our wrongly convicted brothers out of prison. There are more ways to hurt a person than killing them and this prejudice and corrupt judicial system is hurting our brothers everyday. That War on Drugs who you think that's for? Why do you think you get more time for rock forms of ? than powdered. What's this about a convicted felon can't vote. The United States Judicial system is slavery without the actual selling and Black folks don't realize it.

2) It might be horse ? in your opinion but I also don't hear you offering any solutions to the problems either. If these prejudice Whites know we'll be ready to go to bat for any brothers or sisters at the very least they will think twice before they do some questionable stuff and it might make them subconsciously avoid some situations all together. Black folks really don't realize the power we have but a lot of us have these crab in a bucket mentalities.

3) It has a lot to do with this. If you want to hurt these prejudice Whites nothing hurts them more than taking money out of their pockets. During the civil rights movement Black folks down in Alabama boycotted the buses. Those White folks eventually came wanting to talk to them on a resolution. A lot of y'all hate Whites (I'm not a part of that crowd but I understand yalls position). So if you hate Whites stop taking your hard earned dollar to the majority of their their businesses. Challenge several of your friends to do the same and tell them to challenged some of their friends to do the same and so forth. A lot of Blacks don't challenge the status quo.

@crude.

@ first bold thats exactly what we/they are doing right now.

Now---and i might be in the minority here---but lookin out for innoncent and unarmed victims is a higher priority than actual criminals getting stiff sentences. Maybe its just me.

@ 2nd bolded. If Mike Brown, or black people as a whole, invested more in black business, Mike Brown would still be just as dead today as he was a week ago. You're tying together 2 totally different points, and what that does it makes it that much more difficult to address this ONE situation. Its counterproductive.

If you're gonna use this indcident to shed light on bigger issues, at least make sure it ties together on a micro level, not from a macro, 1000000 ft. away level. I.e.-how about the fact Darren Wilson lived 25 miles away from Ferguson. How about residency requirements for the PD like they have in other cities. That way you are part of the city and cant have a mindset of settin fires and leavin as they burn. i.e. Washington DC where you have an all black police force and they dont have these types of 'fear of a black face' problems. Or cameras on cops is a larger issue that can breath thru this.

This is not the time to adress the genesis of the black plight.

DC may have more black officers but they aren't any more friendly just because they work in a black city. They still pull their ? too.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No its not
  • infamous114
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »

No its not

Antonio French tweeted that out.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Awesome, I hope there are people outside fox news too
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even if the kid who was killed today did have a knife...dont these sorry ass ? made cops suppose to have training skills to be able to ? fight!!!! Its like they use deadly force as a first option EVERYTIME! Cops didnt have that gun on em a ? ? around and whoop they ass.
  • infamous114
    Options
    Even if the kid who was killed today did have a knife...dont these sorry ass ? made cops suppose to have training skills to be able to ? fight!!!! Its like they use deadly force as a first option EVERYTIME! Cops didnt have that gun on em a ? ? around and whoop they ass.

Yea, fight a dude with a knife lol. Sounds completely logical.