Police gun down 17 year old unarmed black teen. (Update) Darren Wilson Not Indicted

Options

Comments

• englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    DWO wrote: »
    i heard something on the radio about how obama can't speak too harshly about the ? , because of the political backlash with the police....

if police in ferguson feel they're not supported by their commander in chief...they have no initiative to do their jobs, and then obama would be blamed for the rise of crime and police response in that area....

i don't even know how to take that... so much of this ? is wild on multiple levels

AT SOME POINT YOU GOTTA REFUSE TO ACT LIKE A TIPTOEING ? . STRAIGHT THE ? UP.

Who the ? cares about the bold. It isn't even logical. Are we really trying to appease such a blatantly biased and illogical crowd that has made it clear that they'll try to find a way to blame you for problems no matter what you do?

Leader of the "Free" World
    Most Powerful Man in the World

Da fvkc does that ? even mean? Apparently NOTHING.

i honestly don't know yo..
    if i was in his shoes my biggest concern would be restoring order and no more loss of innocent life....

now the best path to that goal.....i'm seriously at a loss...

overall though...i think we needa seriously consider taking guns out of the hands of patrol cops

It won't happen. We're already in too deep...and with citizens right to bear arms in this nation there's no way ppl will entertain having the cops at a supposed "disadvantage."

Ppl in the UK don't tote burners regularly like Americans do...they actually fight...so the cops can get by w/o guns. @englishdude @DNB1 maybe you can educate me on how that works.

The problem isn't necessarily guns IMO. The problem is the sense of power cops feel, and what the badge means to them, the ineffective approach to policing, the lack of repercussions for blatant abuse of power, the failure to delve into the attitudes and biases within these cops who patrol the streets and develop a system to train them how to serve properly without antagonizing or expressing hate, etc.

On a basic level, many of these fools don't have respect for people and they dont know how to interact with people. All their aggressive posturing does nothing but influence a tense relationship btwn them and the communities they "serve." And "serve" is part of a ? mission statement, because before anything they're self-serving...trying to meet quotas and working hard to cover up wrongdoing instead of shaming dishonorable practices.

The approach to policing is what the conversation needs to be about. Philosophical changes need to be made.

@1of1

Cops over here can carry, usually only in the larger cities where gun crime is higher, Liverpool, Birmingham and London etc.

Think it was also passed they can use rubber bullets if they feel the need to do so.

Most just come with a stab vest, ? bat and CS gas.

Being that knifes are a hell of alot more popular over here, but gun accessibility is rising it won't be long before our police are allowed to carry and you start seeing this type of event happen over here.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As Officer Wilson got out of his car, the men were running away. The officer fired his weapon but did not hit anyone, according to law enforcement officials.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is this cop giving this lady a spanking ?
    https://vine.co/v/M310Ebda3EY

spanking?...that looks like hooks
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    Why is this cop giving this lady a spanking ?
    https://vine.co/v/M310Ebda3EY

spanking?...that looks like hooks

idk...his form looked like how people beat their kids
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Hated Elder for years.. all he kept doin was referencing black on black crime and fatherless negroes

typical republican ?

its like me and you talking about an endangered species and someone else comes up and says "what about pollution? how come you arent mad/doing anything about that?"

only time they care about black on black crime or the black family structure is when racism is the topic or the white structure is being questioned...only bring it up to throw it in black peoples faces

Cs they use it as the BIGJOKER.. we aint even playin spades..

On another note everytime police murder or otherwise overstep their bounds they talk about retraining yadda yadda

YOU CAN'T TRAIN CHARACTER.

Powerful words
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    those were punches to the ribs
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Steele is a reasonable ? ... unlike Kevin Jackson and Larry Elder
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where's the racial draft? Somebody needs to sell that house ? Larry Elder back to ? .
  • 1of1
    Options
    there's a lotta people wearing the uniform don't need to be police.......

even police know that.....you know when someone isn't built for something....

you can see it in their eyes.....dude who was pointing that big ass weapon at them camera's...he wasn't built for that ? ....dude was shook as ? .....
    Do you really think he was "shook"? Or was he flexing because he was overconfident and overzealous in his position and knows there will be no repercussions for inciting tense interactions?

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    That's what I'll NEVER understand....

How the HELL can all these wannabe militants,super doper uber pro-black whatever,whatever....

Continually talk cold cash ? about a Sharpton,
    when we have Uncle Toms,? puppets like Elder,Ben Carson etc
    going on national television saying the ? they do with complete impunity???
  • GettinLo
    Options
    For real... I've encountered ? ass cops like that before (thank ? I'm still here)... and on more than one occasion, I've been in SUPER ? mode and told them I'd meet them when they got off work and we could sqare up... long story short... COPS are ? without gun and badge... ? and cowards that are emboldened by their guns and the knowledge that nothing will happen to them for breaking laws and civil liberties of those they're supposed to serve.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i heard something on the radio about how obama can't speak too harshly about the ? , because of the political backlash with the police....

if police in ferguson feel they're not supported by their commander in chief...they have no initiative to do their jobs, and then obama would be blamed for the rise of crime and police response in that area....

i don't even know how to take that... so much of this ? is wild on multiple levels

Who the ? cares about the bold. It isn't even logical. Are we really trying to appease such a blatantly biased and illogical crowd that has made it clear that they'll try to find a way to blame you for problems no matter what you do?

if i was in his shoes my biggest concern would be restoring order and no more loss of innocent life....

overall though...i think we needa seriously consider taking guns out of the hands of patrol cops

It won't happen. We're already in too deep...and with citizens right to bear arms in this nation there's no way ppl will entertain having the cops at a supposed "disadvantage."

Ppl in the UK don't tote burners regularly like Americans do...they actually fight...so the cops can get by w/o guns. @englishdude @DNB1 maybe you can educate me on how that works.

The problem isn't necessarily guns IMO. The problem is the sense of power cops feel, and what the badge means to them, the ineffective approach to policing, the lack of repercussions for blatant abuse of power, the failure to delve into the attitudes and biases within these cops who patrol the streets and develop a system to train them how to serve properly without antagonizing or expressing hate, etc.

On a basic level, many of these fools don't have respect for people and they dont know how to interact with people. All their aggressive posturing does nothing but influence a tense relationship btwn them and the communities they "serve." And "serve" is part of a ? mission statement, because before anything they're self-serving...trying to meet quotas and working hard to cover up wrongdoing instead of shaming dishonorable practices.

The approach to policing is what the conversation needs to be about. Philosophical changes need to be made.

@1of1

Cops over here can carry, usually only in the larger cities where gun crime is higher, Liverpool, Birmingham and London etc.

Think it was also passed they can use rubber bullets if they feel the need to do so.

Being that knifes are a hell of alot more popular over here, but gun accessibility is rising it won't be long before our police are allowed to carry and you start seeing this type of event happen over here.

A ? bat?
    Is that the official term....?
  • a.mann
    edited August 2014
    Options
    GettinLo wrote: »

I actually like Steele.

It's like he WANTS to just say...... ? the GOP,
    but his false sense of loyalty and seeing the party as it SHOULD BE but not as it actually is
    is what's stopping him

(if that makes sense)
  • 1of1
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

He holds the highest office in the land so ANYTHING he says that deviates from kind of a middle of the road stance will make instant news, and he knows that. If he condemns the Police and teargas the story won't be anything Mike Brown related anymore it'll be "President scolds Police Force". Fox News would rally up representatives from every Police union in America to speak on how hard it is for police officers to do their job now knowing they don't have the support of the commander-in-chief and how it will make crime go up. They'll spin it to make it seem Obama supports the criminals and all kinds of madness. It's best that he sits back on this one publicly for now. There's a reason Obama didn't speak out about Trayvon Martin until AFTER the Zimmerman trial was over.

They don't hear you tho bro..? act like they need soothing words from Obama to help them sleep at night nshit.

They want to ignore the fact that no Presidential administration has launched more federal investigations into the policies and tactics of Police departments nationwide

Or that no office has filed more civil rights suits... these ? want speeches

And what would be the problem with publicly expressing intentions and concerns...like you're expected to do on a myriad of other topics..in order to influence the conversation and promote awareness?

It wouldn't be helpful at all and I could write you a whole essay on how it would be harmful to the situation on a myriad of levels if he were to speak out in the way that some of you are advocating on here.
    I've read some of your ideas on this. If you've studied this subject in detail I wouldn't mind a brief synopsis of where you're going with this.

In your view should the president never abandon politics? By that I mean, should EVERY statement on current issues be calculated and fluffed up so as not to a chain reaction of disapproval from talking heads in the opposing party...and should every statement fall in line with the common talking points we see from the president's party?

Can he not LEAD (vocally AND in practice) on anything?

Are you saying the nature of the game as it is in this society that largely works against us calls for more disguised efforts at substantive reform so as not to rile up the ignorant hateful opposition?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    Obama's speech was some ? , I can't even front. I'm still ? about it. Smh

What people got to understand about Obama is..if he were to come out and pick an obvious side on the case, the defense of the cop would LOVE it because they could claim that they can not be able to get a fair trial because the president forced opinion. And then they could have the case thrown out if the officer gets charged. He has to play it cool publicly. Behind closed doors, he sent Eric Holder on the case to handle ? . Dude been gettin busy on civil rights ? on the low for the past 6 years and ? dont e n.o.

He already hinted at how he doesn't approve of how the local police have responded to the protests and said that people have a right to express themselves in the public space. When the L.A. riots were happening, all George Bush Sr. had to say about it was "anarchy will not be tolerated" and he sent in the Marines and 7th infantry division to quell the unruly negroes.

Also just because Obama is on his last term now doesn't mean he has nothing to lose. Midterm elections are coming up and needs to see more democrats in congress if he hopes to get ANYTHING else done for his last two years. Also, president's political careers don't end when they leave office even if he doesn't want to run for anymore office further. He don't want to have his name be mud when he leaves office. He still wants to be able to endorse candidates and yield influence, like Bill Clinton. Nobody ? with Bush so all that ? can do is sit up and paint cats all day.

Long story short, Obama can't just come out in a dashiki looking like Rafael de la Ghetto talking about "? the pigs". He got to play the game on the public front. Eric Holder not a politician though and he's been putting in work.

What about when the mayor of new York came out against plaxico he gave no ? about a ? gettin a fair trial and they sure as hell didn't throw the case out

Plaxico burress admitted to everything and pled guilty...there was no trial.

But the mayor said that ? like the day after the incident which goes with my point about him not giving a ? about being biased or a ? getting a fair trial

He didn't speak on it until after he was already arrested for an open and shut case and his exact words were "he needs to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law". Condemning a ? that shot himself in the club ain't the same as condemning a "Sworn Officer of the Law". Can you seriously not see the difference?

But I thought we were all innocent until proven guilty i guess that only applies to white people. I am sure their are people who consider this an open and shut case but since most of those people are black it does not matter

Yes there's a significant portion of people that don't think a crime has been committed at all, hence the fact that no charges have been filed yet. That's the difference bro. Do you not understand how much of a long shot it is for a police officer to get found guilty of murder for killing a black man no matter WHAT the circumstance?? ? in New York get locked up for gun charges every damn day. Not the same thing. At all. There's very few words that Obama can use that wouldn't hurt our cause in this situation. It's best that he continues to speak in measured terms at least at this stage.

The bold is the part that really ? me off. I've seen so many comments on so many message boards where people are letting their true colors show. Many if I read one more ? comment where a white person is trying to justify his murder because he allegedly "stole some cigars" or was "such a big scary guy"........................
  • Copper
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

I actually like Steele.

It's like he WANTS to just say...... ? the GOP,
    but his false sense of loyalty and seeing the party as it SHOULD BE but not as it actually is
    is what's stopping him

(if that makes sense)

blind loyalty?

no it makes no sense
  • a.mann
    Options
    It's not blind loyalty. Because he has spoken out forcefully against the party more than once

I think pride plays a bigger part with a teaspoon of visions of grandeur of what he WANTS the party to be

• Copper
    Options
    so stubborn loyalty?

still makes just as little since
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@1of1

A ? bat?
    Is that the official term....?

Being that the person holding the bat doing the swinging are generally a person of a twatish disposition, yes, yes I guess it is.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Uncle tom ass ? .. So Trayvon Martin is the blame for his death and George zimmerman was the Hero?? rofl

Can't stand black ? like him.. So detach from reality.. All that education.. didn't this ? no good.

'Racism Is Not a Major Problem!'

LOL LOL.. I want some of that kool aid that this ? was drinking. So this ? Larry try to argue that black individuals that were killed unjustifiably, grew in poor communities, ? each other quote (black and black crime) and have absent fathers.. are worthy of death and should be disposable?
  • GettinLo
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »

Uncle tom ass ? .. So Trayvon Martin is the blame for his death and George zimmerman was the Hero?? rofl

Can't stand black ? like him.. So detach from reality.. All that education.. didn't this ? no good.

'Racism Is Not a Major Problem!'

LOL LOL.. I want some of that kool aid that this ? was drinking. So this ? Larry try to argue that black individuals that were killed unjustifiably, grew in poor communities, ? each other quote (black and black crime) and have absent fathers.. are worthy of death and should be disposable?

I learned that South Central ? aint that tough... should've aired this ? out years ago
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol its funny cuz Steele is still a ? but its true. Dudes like Elder and Jesse Lee Peterson really would be like the "Kapo" Jews that helped the Nazis in the concentration camps if push came to shove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHsDgCSm11g
  • Copper
    Options
  • 1of1
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Meet officer Gofuckyourself
    http://youtu.be/8zbR824FKpU

This officer, offi er Go ? Yourself, has been suspended indefinitely according to CNN.

He's apparently a St. Ann municipality cop, which is in St. Louis county.