Would If You Found Out Your Favorite Rapper Had A GhostWriter Their Entire Career.

Options
MrJR
MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Reason
Jamacia got mad when he found out Craig Mack wrote for Biggie
Em fans got mad when they heard Proof ghostwrote Stan for Em

Me personally i wouldn't care as long as it sounds good but Snoop probably has the wackest ghostwriters ever.

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    Jamacia got mad when she found out Craig Mack wrote for Biggie.

LMBAO...hehehe
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I found out Dr.Dre and Eazy-E did'nt write their rhymes. No big deal to me
  • MrJR
    edited October 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    LMBAO...hehehe

oh my bad lmao i thought he was a ? when i first came to this site
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I guess it would be better than finding out your favorite rapper is ? like wayne and kanye groupies...Damn, isn't it crazy that the two ? rappers names only differ by one letter??
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That Nova dude who had that little spat with Cam over "I hate my Job" co wrote Kingdome Come. Some ? from canada also co wrote on KC and AG
    Jay Z stole his whisper flower and pretty much his post 2000 swagger from Young Chris
    Timbaland brother helped Jay Z TBA
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    that nova dude who had that little spat with cam over "i hate my job" co wrote kingdome come. Some ? from canada also co wrote on kc and ag
    jay z stole his whisper flower and pretty much his post 2000 swagger from young chris
    timbaland brother helped jay z tba

jay your fav rapper?
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jay your fav rapper?

no because he uses ghostwriters
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    no because he uses ghostwriters

got you....
  • MrJR
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I would cry

I know Wayne is your favorite rapper so you have nothing to worry about Wayne probably ghostwrites for half of the rap industry
  • _illstrip
    _illstrip Members Posts: 452
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what do u think all of them artist that never drop albums are there for lol ... STRICT REFERENCE !! for the artist that sell ... those artist are pretty much making hits for the go to artist ... especially if the go to artist doesnt have that IT RECORD yet ... they can reference other artist tracks to see if they can find a hit in thier archive and take it to another level ....

whats the saying

2 heads are always better than one ...

its funny but if u think about it ... ? makes sense ...

@ that level ITS a business ... in order to run the business you need workers that constantly create ... that go to artist has so much other ? to do in a sense they dont really have the time to keep creating ....... so u keep a good artist around that have the time and resources to keep creating for you during the times u cant create for ya self ...... THUS KEEPING THE BUSINESS RUNNING
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    _illstrip wrote: »
    what do u think all of them artist that never drop albums are there for lol ... STRICT REFERENCE !! for the artist that sell ... those artist are pretty much making hits for the go to artist ... especially if the go to artist doesnt have that IT RECORD yet ... they can reference other artist tracks to see if they can find a hit in thier archive and take it to another level ....

whats the saying

2 heads are always better than one ...

its funny but if u think about it ... ? makes sense ...

@ that level ITS a business ... in order to run the business you need workers that constantly create ... that go to artist has so much other ? to do in a sense they dont really have the time to keep creating ....... so u keep a good artist around that have the time and resources to keep creating for you during the times u cant create for ya self ...... THUS KEEPING THE BUSINESS RUNNING

pretty much all these dudes have "help"
  • NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    my ? use 2 ? wit eazy e heavy till he found out that he doesn't write his own ?
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it would completely change my view, of my favorite artists.
    Thats easily an L, IMO
  • tom21
    tom21 Members Posts: 12
    Options
    unless you have hard facts and credible sources to prove biggie had ghostwriter(s), none of this matters and its all BS
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall done went ghostwriting crazy
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my ? use 2 ? wit eazy e heavy till he found out that he doesn't write his own ?

That ? must have known nothing about the origins of NWA and how Cube and Ren were the writers and eazy wasn't even a rapper.

he was the money man,but ppl liked his voice and funny personality
  • Sgt HJ
    Sgt HJ Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't care if my fav artist or any artist has a ghostwriter. If it sounds good. I like what they are spitting, I'm in. Damn grandmother could have wrote it. I'm cool with it.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All it would change is where I rank that artist as an MC. If, the song is dope it's dope.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would change if I wouldn't know and if the rapper is known for his lyrics. Like if it came out Rakim, Kane, Black Thought, Nas or even a Jay Z had ghostwriters to pen whole verses for 'em. Snoop never made it a secret he uses ghostwriters. With Dre we have always known he doesn't write.

I remember when on sohh some dude said most mainstream rappers have a 'writing pool' to help them. Even if that would turn out to be true I wouldn't really lose sleep over it. Sometimes a rapper can use help in certain departments like Nas or Eminem could use help when it comes to club joints etc. The Game can spit, but hook making was never his strongsuit so Fif helped him on the Documentary. It becomes a problem when a respected emcee has ghostwriters writing whole verses for 'em like I said.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it would completely change my view, of my favorite artists.
    Thats easily an L, IMO

• kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So JayZ has ghostwriters ????

but he has written for so many artist including Dr.Dre, Foxy Brown, Memphis Bleek, etc.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heads give ghostwriters a pass because Dr.Dres The Chronic exists

True story
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you've written lyrics in a room full of other rappers or writers, you'd know everyone helps out even by a little bit. Jesus Walks was cowritten by Rhymefest so if I found out Kanye used Ghostwriters, I'd ask that he was fired because Kanye isn't top 25 when it comes to his lyrics.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good thread.

There's something else that hasn't been touched on. Sometimes a rapper gets signed to a record deal and has the label paying for their studio time. they have a budget and top shelf industry producers making their tracks (Kanye, Premiere, Just Blaze, etc) Sometimes that artist knows somebody from his old neighborhood who has a nice pen game.

Now if your a newly signed artist and you know somebody from the old neighborhood that has a nice pen game, it makes sense to buy some verses off him. Not saying you should get him to ghostwrite your whole album, but I don't see anything wrong with buying a few verses, especially one you really like. A verse like 'damn I wish I wrote that'.