Murder Suspect With Horns And 666 Tattoo Thinks Jurors May Convict Based On Appearance -

Options
zerocool
zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
Massachusetts lawyer is concerned that it will be difficult to find impartial jurors for an upcoming murder trial given his client’s unique appearance, namely, imp. lanted horns and a satanic tattoo.

Caius Veiovis, 33, is the third suspect to face trial in the August 2011 slayings of David Glasser, Edward Frampton and Robert Chadwell.

Veiovis’ signature look includes two rows of bumps resembling horns protruding from his forehead, a ‘666’ tattoo between them, and other ? and neck tattoos. He also had surgically altered the shape of his ears to make them elf-like.

After discussing the matter, a Hampden Superior Court judge on Thursday told defense lawyer James Reardon Jr. he would ask potential jurors if there was anything about the Veiovis’ appearance that would keep them from being fair.

The trial is scheduled to start September 3. Veiovis has pleaded not guilty to counts of murder, kidnapping and witness intimidation.

The heavily inked man is accused of helping David Chalue and Adam Lee Hall kidnap, torture, murder and dismember David Glasser, Edward Frampton and Robert Chadwell in Berkshire County on August 28, 2011.
The victims’ mutilated remains were later found in a ditch in Becket, Masslive.com reported.

According to investigators, the co-conspirators killed Glasser because he was expected to testify against Hall, a member of the Hell’s Angels biker gang, in an unrelated assault case.

The two other men were murdered because they witnessed Glasser’s abduction.

‘There’s a serious factor of curiosity and concern when the jury first sees him,’ James Reardon Jr said in Hampden Superior Court.
The lawyer then brought up the issue of his client’s appearance out of concern that jurors may find it challenging to be impartial because of the horns and tattoos

murderdemon2.jpg?w=635&h=438
1408728555478_wps_9_Caius_Veiovis_unique_appe.jpg

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he knew what he was doin'..
  • Houston Texan
    Houston Texan Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    After discussing the matter, a Hampden Superior Court judge on Thursday told defense lawyer James Reardon Jr. he would ask potential jurors if there was anything about the Veiovis’ appearance that would keep them from being fair.

Like they are going to be truthful....of course they are going to consider his looks, this is America.
  • Viktor
    Viktor Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    Options
    You have modifications that represents evil and three numbers associated with evil. Of course you will be judged by that.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    Massachusetts lawyer is concerned that it will be difficult to find impartial jurors for an upcoming murder trial given his client’s unique appearance, namely, imp. lanted horns and a satanic tattoo.

Caius Veiovis, 33, is the third suspect to face trial in the August 2011 slayings of David Glasser, Edward Frampton and Robert Chadwell.

Veiovis’ signature look includes two rows of bumps resembling horns protruding from his forehead, a ‘666’ tattoo between them, and other ? and neck tattoos. He also had surgically altered the shape of his ears to make them elf-like.

The trial is scheduled to start September 3. Veiovis has pleaded not guilty to counts of murder, kidnapping and witness intimidation.

The heavily inked man is accused of helping David Chalue and Adam Lee Hall kidnap, torture, murder and dismember David Glasser, Edward Frampton and Robert Chadwell in Berkshire County on August 28, 2011.
    The victims’ mutilated remains were later found in a ditch in Becket, Masslive.com reported.

According to investigators, the co-conspirators killed Glasser because he was expected to testify against Hall, a member of the Hell’s Angels biker gang, in an unrelated assault case.

The two other men were murdered because they witnessed Glasser’s abduction.

‘There’s a serious factor of curiosity and concern when the jury first sees him,’ James Reardon Jr said in Hampden Superior Court.
    The lawyer then brought up the issue of his client’s appearance out of concern that jurors may find it challenging to be impartial because of the horns and tattoos

23266068.jpg
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And rightfully so

I can't do ? about my skin but tattoos and horns are optional.

huge difference.
    That's why Cubans remarks were asinine.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THROW AWAY THE KEY
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A grown man understands that he'll be judged by his appearance, no matter how "unfair" he thinks it is. Until he proves otherwise everybody that sees him is going to think he's the devil, and rightfully so. The real world ain't no place for fairy tales like "if I wear a skirt that damn near shows my birth canal, it doesn't mean i'm promiscuous and you shouldn't think that" or "If I do everything in my power to present myself as the ? antichrist people should judge me by my intellect". The long short of it is... ? we can't see what's on the inside from the outside, so you should make your outside a little more user friendly.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    A grown man understands that he'll be judged by his appearance, no matter how "unfair" he thinks it is. Until he proves otherwise everybody that sees him is going to think he's the devil, and rightfully so. The real world ain't no place for fairy tales like "if I wear a skirt that damn near shows my birth canal, it doesn't mean i'm promiscuous and you shouldn't think that" or "If I do everything in my power to present myself as the ? antichrist people should judge me by my intellect". The long short of it is... ? we can't see what's on the inside from the outside, so you should make your outside a little more user friendly.

true, and if you give the appearance of looking like a thug, don't be surprised when people mistake you for one.

appearance matters, that's why the most successful villains where a suit and tie or uniform.

3129204271_a10e782a8f.jpg

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most dangerous men wear suits and ties and look good. Cause successful psychopaths know how to work people
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »

true, and if you give the appearance of looking like a thug, don't be surprised when people mistake you for one.

appearance matters, that's why the most successful villains where a suit and tie or uniform.
    Most dangerous men wear suits and ties and look good. Cause successful psychopaths know how to work people

Word to Congress.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moneyluver can help him with the "situational" period of his life when he's in jail
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mentioned this in another thread...but dude is right...

Jurors should only make their decision based on the evidence presented in the case. The person standing trial should not be seen IMO. they should conceal their appearance/race. This would make thongs more fair....

if this gains steam....this could change a lot if things.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    Welcome to the world of being a black man on trial, being judged by how you look! Who would have thought.

Exactly what I was thinking
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok. soooo...

who's gonna make this pic their new avatar?
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    ok. soooo...

who's gonna make this pic their new avatar?

I pass
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Caius Veiovis

Not only his appearance, he changed his name to mimic a fantasy characters.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to America, where cops get away with killing people on camera and the system don't know how to solve off camera murders.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

exactly, looks mean ? and if more people focused on the actions of the person instead of the appearance then we would have less ? in the world.
  • dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He just needs a hug lol
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like they are going to be truthful....of course they are going to consider his looks, this is America.

I had a Psych prof that did a lot of research in the area of law and he said that when jurors are asked such things they usually just all copy what the first few people said so they don't stand out or differ from the rest of the group. He said it's especially common when jurors are asked if they can be impartial when the defendant is Black.

Makes the whole thing a waste of time as it never really gauges whether or not these people are actually biased.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i've always wondered why people do this. Like, when you're 50 or 60 or 70, da ? are you gonna tell your grand kids about your face and neck having tattoos and this dudes case, ? horns.