• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    nice connection from locker to nate

smash-computer-mad-at-the-internet-buffering-loading-video.gif

Bruh i turned that ? off. Can watch that ? anymore.

As garbage as the defense has looked, the offsense seemed to move the ball with efficiency. some shaky throws by locker but we'll be good on that side of the ball. i think next year's draft should be dedicated to defense from top to bottom. we're set on offense. if locker goes down we have mett. we've ignored defense the past 3 drafts and it shows

I think the last 2 drafts should have been dedicated to defense. Still baffled why we took Warmack top 10 when we already spent a grip signing Levitre that same summer. We should have done one not both but our O line is saucy tho so I can't be to mad. Another thing that ? me off was us letting Verner walk.. he didn't even get a huge pay day smh we could have re signed him. I think if we miss the playoffs we should go QB with our first pick and spend the rest of the draft on defense. Our offense is pretty much set for the next 5-7 years.. we have legit young talent at every position. Maybe we we go defense with the first pick and trade for Cousins with a 2nd or 3rd.. We will have plenty of options next off season if jake fails. We could rock with Mett or go out and get another one thru the draft. Here's my QB wish list

1.Mariotta
    2.Winston
    3.Petty
    4.Cousins
    5.Hundly

HM
    S.Bradford/Vick/Hoyer
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As garbage as the defense has looked, the offsense seemed to move the ball with efficiency. some shaky throws by locker but we'll be good on that side of the ball. i think next year's draft should be dedicated to defense from top to bottom. we're set on offense. if locker goes down we have mett. we've ignored defense the past 3 drafts and it shows

I think the last 2 drafts should have been dedicated to defense. Still baffled why we took Warmack top 10 when we already spent a grip signing Levitre that same summer. We should have done one not both but our O line is saucy tho so I can't be to mad. Another thing that ? me off was us letting Verner walk.. he didn't even get a huge pay day smh we could have re signed him. I think if we miss the playoffs we should go QB with our first pick and spend the rest of the draft on defense. Our offense is pretty much set for the next 5-7 years.. we have legit young talent at every position. Maybe we we go defense with the first pick and trade for Cousins with a 2nd or 3rd.. We will have plenty of options next off season if jake fails. We could rock with Mett or go out and get another quire one thru the draft. Here's my QB wish list

1.Mariotta
    2.Winston
    3.Petty
    4.Cousins
    5.Hundly

HM
    S.Bradford/Vick/Hoyer

Worst QB.

Watch games. He does not throw strikes he can't throw WR open and only hits wide open WR thanks to the offense.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dead at Peyton running up on dj Swearinger after throwing a TD
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

I think the last 2 drafts should have been dedicated to defense. Still baffled why we took Warmack top 10 when we already spent a grip signing Levitre that same summer. We should have done one not both but our O line is saucy tho so I can't be to mad. Another thing that ? me off was us letting Verner walk.. he didn't even get a huge pay day smh we could have re signed him. I think if we miss the playoffs we should go QB with our first pick and spend the rest of the draft on defense. Our offense is pretty much set for the next 5-7 years.. we have legit young talent at every position. Maybe we we go defense with the first pick and trade for Cousins with a 2nd or 3rd.. We will have plenty of options next off season if jake fails. We could rock with Mett or go out and get another quire one thru the draft. Here's my QB wish list

1.Mariotta
    2.Winston
    3.Petty
    4.Cousins
    5.Hundly

HM
    S.Bradford/Vick/Hoyer

Worst QB.

Watch games. He does not throw strikes he can't throw WR open and only hits wide open WR thanks to the offense.

I've seen a few games. The guy doesn't make mistakes and I think that's his best quality and that's not to say he's a game manager because he's not. We will find out a lot about him this season tho. Teams will be better prepared for him. I personally think the kids a baller tho. Done sleep on Hundly either.. he reminds me of Cam.. smart of him coming back to school one more year will be great for him in refining and polishing his skill set.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Sam with the sack on Manziel lol

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mariotta screams spread system huge bust to me. And needs to add size to his upper body or he going to get killed.
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I try not to put too much thought on preseason but damn we struggling out here
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ? but Sam has played well
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

I think the last 2 drafts should have been dedicated to defense. Still baffled why we took Warmack top 10 when we already spent a grip signing Levitre that same summer. We should have done one not both but our O line is saucy tho so I can't be to mad. Another thing that ? me off was us letting Verner walk.. he didn't even get a huge pay day smh we could have re signed him. I think if we miss the playoffs we should go QB with our first pick and spend the rest of the draft on defense. Our offense is pretty much set for the next 5-7 years.. we have legit young talent at every position. Maybe we we go defense with the first pick and trade for Cousins with a 2nd or 3rd.. We will have plenty of options next off season if jake fails. We could rock with Mett or go out and get another one thru the draft. Here's my QB wish list

1.Mariotta
    2.Winston
    3.Petty
    4.Cousins
    5.Hundly

HM
    S.Bradford/Vick/Hoyer

Im also baffled why we took lewan if he's not going to be starting. But FWIW LT's are hard to find and Roos is on his last legs so im guessing they look at him as a replacement. yes letting verner walk was the most idiotic thing weve done in a while. esp. if we knew we didnt have anyone to take his place. and what makes it even more asinine is the bucs signed him for less than what we were paying him.

As for going QB in the first? thats something im totally against at this point. I entertained that thought earlier in the offseason but not now. absolutely not now. this defense is bad. with a capital B. we have no playmakers with the exception of juerrell casey. and he needs help. mett has shown me more than enough at this point. so much that if locker busts, im very comfortable handing over the reins to him. this franchise has unnecessarily reached more than once when it comes to taking 1st round qb's. and look what it landed us (locker, young). and when you also consider how abysmal the defense looks, its almost a no brainer that you address a defensive need (particularly pass rush) by selecting an impact player on the defense in the 1st round. those qb's you named while good, arent good enough wasting our 1st round pick on to start from square one all over again.
  • Beezus
    Options
    I hope he makes the team
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KU Beezy wrote: »
    2nd int smith!!! The ? u only threw 7 last year

I feel you ...after watching my Skins play tonight...Griff got a ? feeling uneasy with his preseason play thus far. Hopefully he snaps out of it after our coach expands the playbook in the regular season.
    tumblr_lzptwzZ0mG1r5r4uyo2_250.gif
  • Beezus
    Options

I feel you ...after watching my Skins play tonight...Griff got a ? feeling uneasy with his preseason play thus far. Hopefully he snaps out of it after our coach expands the playbook in the regular season.

Yea ya'll went 4-0 in preseason last year.....
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

1.Mariotta
    2.Winston
    3.Petty
    4.Cousins
    5.Hundly

HM
    S.Bradford/Vick/Hoyer

Im also baffled why we took lewan if he's not going to be starting. But FWIW LT's are hard to find and Roos is on his last legs so im guessing they look at him as a replacement. yes letting verner walk was the most idiotic thing weve done in a while. esp. if we knew we didnt have anyone to take his place. and what makes it even more asinine is the bucs signed him for less than what we were paying him.

As for going QB in the first? thats something im totally against at this point. I entertained that thought earlier in the offseason but not now. absolutely not now. this defense is bad. with a capital B. we have no playmakers with the exception of juerrell casey. and he needs help. mett has shown me more than enough at this point. so much that if locker busts, im very comfortable handing over the reins to him. this franchise has unnecessarily reached more than once when it comes to taking 1st round qb's. and look what it landed us (locker, young). and when you also consider how abysmal the defense looks, its almost a no brainer that you address a defensive need (particularly pass rush) by selecting an impact player on the defense in the 1st round. those qb's you named while good, arent good enough wasting our 1st round pick on to start from square one all over again.

Yea I was initially shocked and upset at the Lewan pick but I'm cool with it now. I'm not sold on Mett yet tho.. he has a cannon and can make almost all the throws but his pocket awareness is trash and he's a not mobile at all. Dude is pretty much a sitting duck in the pocket but our line can do a great job of letting him cook. We can still upgrade the defense thru the draft and FA without using a first on defense. We have some decent prospects on D nh I like Z.Brown.. I think we have a solid group of safety's.. McCourty is legit.. Solid depth on the D line. Honestly we should be fine as long as we add a play maker opposite J Mac and someone who can consistently get to the QB on the edge. We could find that in the second and third round if need be but I wouldn't mind spending a first on a defensive player either.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see absolutely no improvement in Robert Griffin's game. I still can't believe this ? tried to run over 3 defenders in a got damn preseason game last Monday. Jay Gruden got his work cut out for him trynna improve this egotistical ass ? 's game.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

Yea ya'll went 4-0 in preseason last year.....
    lmao you have a point...

Hopefully since we aren't peaking in preseason, we improve throughout the season and RG3 rekindles that fire.

Fortunately Eli and Romo aren't looking spectacular in preseason either, so the NFC east shouldn't be a gauntlet.

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see Savage life got the squad the W.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

1.Mariotta
    2.Winston
    3.Petty
    4.Cousins
    5.Hundly

HM
    S.Bradford/Vick/Hoyer

Yea I was initially shocked and upset at the Lewan pick but I'm cool with it now. I'm not sold on Mett yet tho.. he has a cannon and can make almost all the throws but his pocket awareness is trash and he's a not mobile at all. Dude is pretty much a sitting duck in the pocket but our line can do a great job of letting him cook. We can still upgrade the defense thru the draft and FA without using a first on defense. We have some decent prospects on D nh I like Z.Brown.. I think we have a solid group of safety's.. McCourty is legit.. Solid depth on the D line. Honestly we should be fine as long as we add a play maker opposite J Mac and someone who can consistently get to the QB on the edge. We could find that in the second and third round if need be but I wouldn't mind spending a first on a defensive player either.

yea i hear u. mett does hold on to the ball much longer than he needs to. yea he is by no means a mobile qb. and his pocket presence isnt the best but imo thats not a weakness at all. as it will get better the more reps he's given. which will allow him to get a natural feel for the game. i mean there are certain throws he made so far (etc. the back shoulder throw to hunter last game and the ball placement to taylor thompson between 2 defenders) that also made me wonder if locker couldve made the same throw. and im leaning toward the answer no. as he wouldve either sailed the ball too high or placed the receiver in a vulnerable position to get injured. and thats just it. at this point you can give me a non mobile, pocket passing qb that scans the field and makes wise, accurate throws over a one-read mobile qb that takes off after his primary receiver is covered. i think mett can turn into that guy.

the glaring need a CB isnt the only deficiency. yea zach brown looks good on paper, but the problem with the LB's has been ? -poor tackling. fokou is mia, mccarthy is injured, and shaun phillips continues to disappoints. the safety unit is ok. also we cant get pressure up front to save our lives. wimbley is garbage, and pitoitua keeps getting penalized. consider this, during the saints game brees wasnt even on the field. and we still made their backup qb look like a pro-bowler giving up a score on the first drive. in fact one disturbing stat is in all 3 pre-season games, the 1st string gave up a scoring drive during the very first play of the game. if that doesnt worry u i dont know what will. look i understand we can address defensive needs in FA and later rounds of the draft.. but i just dont want us to feel like we need to reach for a qb when we dont have to. which will in turn let a defensive playmaker fall off the board. if locker gets injured (which is highly likely) and mett steps in and looks good by the end of the season, i say we ride with him. and look at it this way, by that time he would already have 1 year of experience with the playbook and offensive scheme. versus a newly selected rookie qb who will have to learn and pickup everything from scratch. placing us further behind the 8ball
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sam with the sack on Manziel lol

Slept on post!
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, Bradford hurt again?

That ? is made outta glass

Smh. The look on his face while he was layin onthe ground was like "ohhh, i jus ? my ? up."
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike sam is going to make somebody's final 53
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

1.Mariotta
    2.Winston
    3.Petty
    4.Cousins
    5.Hundly

HM
    S.Bradford/Vick/Hoyer

yea i hear u. mett does hold on to the ball much longer than he needs to. yea he is by no means a mobile qb. and his pocket presence isnt the best but imo thats not a weakness at all. as it will get better the more reps he's given. which will allow him to get a natural feel for the game. i mean there are certain throws he made so far (etc. the back shoulder throw to hunter last game and the ball placement to taylor thompson between 2 defenders) that also made me wonder if locker couldve made the same throw. and im leaning toward the answer no. as he wouldve either sailed the ball too high or placed the receiver in a vulnerable position to get injured. and thats just it. at this point you can give me a non mobile, pocket passing qb that scans the field and makes wise, accurate throws over a one-read mobile qb that takes off after his primary receiver is covered. i think mett can turn into that guy.

the glaring need a CB isnt the only deficiency. yea zach brown looks good on paper, but the problem with the LB's has been ? -poor tackling. fokou is mia, mccarthy is injured, and shaun phillips continues to disappoints. the safety unit is ok. also we cant get pressure up front to save our lives. wimbley is garbage, and pitoitua keeps getting penalized. consider this, during the saints game brees wasnt even on the field. and we still made their backup qb look like a pro-bowler giving up a score on the first drive. in fact one disturbing stat is in all 3 pre-season games, the 1st string gave up a scoring drive during the very first play of the game. if that doesnt worry u i dont know what will. look i understand we can address defensive needs in FA and later rounds of the draft.. but i just dont want us to feel like we need to reach for a qb when we dont have to. which will in turn let a defensive playmaker fall off the board. if locker gets injured (which is highly likely) and mett steps in and looks good by the end of the season, i say we ride with him. and look at it this way, by that time he would already have 1 year of experience with the playbook and offensive scheme. versus a newly selected rookie qb who will have to learn and pickup everything from scratch. placing us further behind the 8ball

I hope Mett is our guy. If I was Whiz I would give locker 10-12 weeks to prove himself.. If we aren't in position to make a playoff push or if he can't stay healthy in that time I think we should let Mett cook for the last quarter of the season. That will give us a fair assessment of his game. I might be in the minority but I'm really high on this years QB class. It's a shame Braxton Miller got hurt.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't know if there are any redskin fans in here (i think stew right?) but they need to sit RGIII.Their backup; Cousins being out playing him since last year. RGIII might be done in Washington, hearing some teammates ain't even feeling him.

oh and W.Welker suffered another concession!?!?, man i think that boy is done.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Kirk Cousins had 4 tds and 7 picks along with like a 58 quarterback rating last year when Bob got benched. Plus he lost all of his starts. People be acting like Aaron Rodgers is just
    sitting in the wings in Washington.