Why don't Prodigy get the props like he should? Get's me mad as ? .

Options

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Jay-Z and Nas ? on him around the same time ? him up
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i'm not sure where the ? some of yall ? be at in terms of hip hop knowledge....Prodigy was praised heavily in the 90...? just fell off

^^^ and early 2k.....P gets his due....
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well he's one of my favorites and he's still spitting, Albert Einstein was dope and so was the new mobb album
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The Infamous, Hell On Earth & Murda Muzik all on my top 15 album list
  • deathrowzorrow
    Options
    Plus prodigy has the best opening lines in all of hiphop

"I break bread, ribs, 100 bills..."

"I got you stuck off the realness..."

"Theres a war going on outside nobodies say from..."

"Alright now pay attention to the crime rhyme Houdini P..."

PRODIGY ONE OF THE ILLEST!!
  • deathrowzorrow
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Prodigy was in my top 5 but he hasn't really evolved like I thought he should.

Well what rappers have pass him in your eyes?

Prodigy should be on everybody top 10 for what Mobb Deep have done for New York & Hip Hop.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    " heavy airplay all day. With no chorus....I keeps it thoro ? " P is that ?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P was great up until the mobb's 5th album. That and those weak come backs to jay. Havoc saved and continues to save them. But from the 1st 4 and his solo p was easily top 10 living
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P is one of the best. His longevity, voice, lyrics. Definitely on my top ten. Maybe he doesn't get more respect because he's not a multi Rakim-type flow rapper. Plus Jay Z, Nas dissed him and all kinds of underground dudes have socked him out and stuff: capone and noreaga, saigon, havoc, trulife, keith murrey etc
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NSee if his career woulda stopped after Murda Musik then maybe i would agree wit chu TS. But on the mic after that album there was a noticeable drop off from P. The whole next album (infamy i think) Havoc was out rapping the ? . Couple that with the huge daggar Jay put in the mobb deep brand, all the robberies (he may be the only ? that dunt got robbed mo than Bleek") saigon and Keith murray sockin the doggshit outta this ? hurting his thug rap brand....i mean, you cant act like ? been this juggernaut all the way thru his career now.
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    " heavy airplay all day. With no chorus....I keeps it thoro ? " P is that ?

One of my favorite lyrics in all of recorded music.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I pin point the exact time in history when Prodigy stopped rapping with passion and stopped rhyming words. Somewhere between Quiet Storm and Quiet Storm Remix he decided to lose that rasp in his voice and go monotoned and stopped coming up with dope rhyme schemes. Recently he has returned to rhyming but no more passion.

"Gun pose, take action reach for those,
    long chrome noses, uh! my gun blows,
    Ya legs turned noodles. you shot a few going down,
    I'll give that much, you went out."

Prodigy will always be remembered as one of the best at his time.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prodigy top 5 doa
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His book was the best audiobook i ever heard. I loved it. He is sooo lucky he survived the bridge and hiphop. and he so meek and sick. but he has heart. Thats what its really all about yall
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    His book was the best audiobook i ever heard. I loved it. He is sooo lucky he survived the bridge and hiphop. and he so meek and sick. but he has heart. Thats what its really all about yall

If you believe what he says.

"I was gonna shoot this ? but..."
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, i do really believe everything he says. Why? because he said it. in his voice. he was candid in that book. ? was mad because u really aint suppose to do that in the industry. Its wild, but its his story. I havent seen or heard the book that discredits him. have u? But i have read many books that discredit the bible. have u?
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause he is a ?
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, i do really believe everything he says. Why? because he said it. in his voice. he was candid in that book. ? was mad because u really aint suppose to do that in the industry. Its wild, but its his story. I havent seen or heard the book that discredits him. have u? But i have read many books that discredit the bible. have u?

There's been a lot of dispute about his account of things in interviews.

He continues to say he was about to do something hard in a bad situation but has an excuse for why he didn't.

He also contradicts himself at points.

Who's going to write an entire book just to reply to Prodigy's?

I'm an atheist.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I have a "friend" guy who own the gym who lift around 160kg. He is bigger than Arnold was in his prime. He is tall as ? . Looks like godzilla. The funny thing about this guy is that he works out to Mobb Deep and since he is owner of the gym he plays alot of 90's rap.

We usually discuss rap, he is social and gives alot of advice. The funny thing about this guy he said "Mobb Deep is midget rappers don't know how to relate but they are damn great" made me laugh for about 1 week lol.

He is a 70's 80s ? his top 5 was krs one,rakim,prodigy,icecube,bigdaddykane if I remember right.

• deathrowzorrow
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

You're easily impressionable. Best audiobook you ever heard? Besides being a ? , you're also dumb as ?
  • spayspay
    spayspay Members Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    Options
    "Shook Ones" was their only good song.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're easily impressionable. Best audiobook you ever heard? Besides being a ? , you're also dumb as ?

Your a b but u have a point