50 Cent Says Jay Z Can't Compare To Eminem

Options

Comments

• Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 with the Dhalsim reach.
    dhalsim.jpg

50 always reaching for relevance and he's getting it.
    This and the Floyd ? .

Probably time for 50 to throw in the towel music-wise and stick to that SMS Audio money.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    The argument against em is weak as ? lol

Against? You mean the argument FOR JayZ?

And the posters defending Em are (purposely) ignoring the potent arguments for JayZ being better.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    The argument against em is weak as ? lol

Against? You mean the argument FOR JayZ?

And the posters defending Em are (purposely) ignoring the potent arguments for JayZ being better.

Yea, ya boy 5 Grand is killin it
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    bignorm wrote: »
    and by the way, I don't have Jay in my top 5, and maybe........ not top 10.
    I also have listened to and enjoyed white rap albums also.

Bubba Sparxxx has an album (Deliverance) that I prefer over all Eminem albums, except, MAYBE the Eminem Show.

Reason? As a southerner, I have a lot of shared refrences with Bubba Sparxxx.
    I feel him when he talkin bout that country struggle. Maybe if I was from Michigan, I'd feel Eminems ? more.
    He just has too much ? that turns me away from his music. NONE of it being his skin color.

You just proved my point though, and kind of negated your own, by saying you relate more to Bubba Sparxxx than Eminem based on the shared southern experience. You didn't pin point race, you pin pointed the shared experience of growing up in the south. So why do you think that a black person who likes Eminem must have grown up around more whites than blacks and not instead that they possibly can relate to the shared experience of having a ? up mother, an absent father, and a baby mother you can't stand? Those aren't race specific or have anything to do with growing up around black or white folks. THat's just a ? home life which alot of people regardless of race deal/dealt with growing up. I do agree though Deliverance is a good ? album that should have gotten Bubba Sparxxx more shine than it did as his follow up.

Nah, I proved my point.
    There's so much that Eminem has in his experience/songs- that are automatic
    "do not pass go" signs for many many black folks.
    Those that don't feel that way, must share a lot of experience with him/white folks
    in order to look past those.

Just dissing your own moms to get on
    wearing dresses
    making suuuuuuuper cheesy pop songs
    and "? " turns off 95% of ? .
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bubba Sparxxx has an album (Deliverance) that I prefer over all Eminem albums, except, MAYBE the Eminem Show.

I feel him when he talkin bout that country struggle. Maybe if I was from Michigan, I'd feel Eminems ? more.
    He just has too much ? that turns me away from his music. NONE of it being his skin color.

Nope! I give Em his props but that's where it stops its the Roc.

a majority of his ? I don't fck with but his first 3 albums I respect the artist he was.

Its almost a silent respect thing. Like I know Em is dope but you'll never catch me blasting more than a few of his songs. They just aren't for me and I listen to a lot of ? .
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7 pages? Do we really care about 50's opinion that much?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    7 pages? Do we really care about 50's opinion that much?

Any Jay Z or Em thread will do numbers
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

You just proved my point though, and kind of negated your own, by saying you relate more to Bubba Sparxxx than Eminem based on the shared southern experience. You didn't pin point race, you pin pointed the shared experience of growing up in the south. So why do you think that a black person who likes Eminem must have grown up around more whites than blacks and not instead that they possibly can relate to the shared experience of having a ? up mother, an absent father, and a baby mother you can't stand? Those aren't race specific or have anything to do with growing up around black or white folks. THat's just a ? home life which alot of people regardless of race deal/dealt with growing up. I do agree though Deliverance is a good ? album that should have gotten Bubba Sparxxx more shine than it did as his follow up.

Nah, I proved my point.
    Those that don't feel that way, must share a lot of experience with him/white folks

wearing dresses

If you think having a ? mom and ? baby mother are don't pass go topics for black folks then a lot of rappers violated this rule because plenty black rappers talk about having bad parents and "? my baby mother". ? Young Dro just last fall released ? Dat ? about his baby mother
  • TheChosen0ne
    TheChosen0ne Members Posts: 10
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Shawn made n*ggas dress up (switch from throwback jerseys to button ups),

I've never worn a throwback. I haven't worn a jersey since I was 10 or 11. But going back to junior high I've always worn button ups and polos as well. I went to Clark Atlanta and it was 6 in my crew all through college and we were doing this while Jay was still wearing throwbacks. Could be us all being from the midwest (Minneapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Kansas City and St Louis) and having parents with money and living in the suburbs dressing up was just normal.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spayspay wrote: »
    I've only listened to radio rappers for the last decade, lyrically, Em is the best to ever live. Not delivery. Not style. Lyrically.
    Hilarious post right there.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah, I proved my point.

wearing dresses

If you think having a ? mom and ? baby mother are don't pass go topics for black folks then a lot of rappers violated this rule because plenty black rappers talk about having bad parents and "? my baby mother". ? Young Dro just last fall released ? Dat ? about his baby mother

not baby mothers, mothers.
    ? don't do diss songs to their moms.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Nah, I proved my point.

wearing dresses

Thats how he got on? Really? lol
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    This weirdo is completely obsessed with Jay-Z.

If weirdo was plural, this would accurately describe the reason
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Em's window of greatness was too small to be top 5
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the name of the game was being the Peid Piper to white youth, then yeah. You know Fif will be loyal to Em even if he sounds ridiculous. On the flip, I can somewhat see what he's saying from the money standpoint.
  • Shawn Jay-Z Carter
    Shawn Jay-Z Carter Members Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    “Hip Hop is Black music, without question, and, unfortunately for some people, it’s tough to accept that you have a White artist that does it better than Black artists,” 50 Cent says during an interview with Music Choice. "It is what it is. You can get like whoever you think is the best Black artist and stand them face-to-face in a room with Em and he will eat that [guy] alive. Right now if you had 'em prepare themselves, whatever way they would have to prepare themselves to come battle…I bet what I have, everything” that Eminem would win.

50 Cent also says that Eminem has surpassed Jay Z and that the two were paired for 2010 concerts because of Jay Z’s business commitments.

“That’s Live Nation ‘cause [Jay Z] sold his touring career to Live Nation,” 50 Cent says, referring to Jay Z’s reported $150 million pact with Live Nation that was signed in 2008. "They’ve got to keep him hot enough to go get their money back. So they match ‘em up with Em, put them together ‘cause he got more momentum connected to his relationship with Beyonce and his record with Alicia. It makes sense. It makes sense, the Detroit/New York show. But it only makes sense to me because of business, it makes sense, because Em sold like 60 million records more than him. How you put ‘em there like they’re equals? It’s tough for me to say some of this [stuff] and not sound like a hater. But I don’t care.”

In June, 50 Cent appeared on an episode of Bravo's Watch What Happens Live. 50 Cent mentioned Jay Z when he was asked who he thinks is the "most overrated Hip Hop star of all time." "Overrated?" 50 said. "Jay Z. He would say he's overrated. 'Rather be overrated than underpaid.

read this on hiphopdx. but yo i don't get it. no one i know bumps em ? maybe a song here and there maybe. i don't see 50 how he thinks em can compare to jay. jay has classic rap ? em doesn't. Em can rap but where is he hiphop classics. It must be the sales that blind people. what say ya'll.

Oh look its the guy with the one hot album every 12 years average bigging up the other guy with one good album in 15 years haa. Your boy has three classics how much do 50 and Em have combined? A wise man told me don't argue with fools.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay z is a better rapper than Eminem but I don't rank anyone of them as one of the best so whatever
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Jay Z has never done anything musically besides rhyme bars

50 Cent and Eminem not only rap but give u hooks too both rap and sing 50 to a lesser extent but Eminem does it heavy both done the hooks on 95% of their songs. Eminem also produces and mixes

And another fact name an introspective Jay Z song that was a hit? reached top 10, top 20, top 30, top 40 on the chart?

Name 5 Jay Z hit singles that didn't feature a singer performing the hook on his own song?

And we all know about the sales no matter how much a person on the IC trys to discredit sales they do matter and stating the obvious here Eminem is the highest selling artist in the genre ever Jay Z's sales nor any other rappers sales will ever match Eminem's

• fuck gay-z
    fuck gay-z Members Posts: 202
    Options
    Bars = Hov
    Flow = Hov
    Catalog = Hov
    Prime = Hov
    Post=prime = Hov
    ? fantasy songs = Em

Oh, well, @ least Albino Fiasco didn't get swept.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only category I have em winning is story telling. Flow is much closer than people like to think, and it's really eminem's strongest attribute.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny because people are leaving out the things em are stronger in. Word play, delivery (he yells it at u so u have no choice but to take it... Pause), soul(I know it sounds funny but em raps with emotion where as jay sounds like he has none).
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    It's funny because people are leaving out the things em are stronger in. Word play, delivery (he yells it at u so u have no choice but to take it... Pause), soul(I know it sounds funny but em raps with emotion where as jay sounds like he has none).

Jay's wordplay is out of this world though. Em can't ? wit jay wit the wordplay, that ? be sayin some super witty ? .
  • fuck gay-z
    fuck gay-z Members Posts: 202
    Options
    fukn DEAD @ any1, much less Eminem, bein betta
    than Hov @ wordplay.

FFS, that's one of the things he's GOATest @.

MC Clorox stans gon pull they arm out the fukn
    socket wit all this ? reachin they doin.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

Emotions and soul are two different things.

Most rappers (black rappers) use beats to bring out the emotions in the listener. Soul samples, and strong relatable content.

Eminem content is not relatable to me. And his beat selection is more dark and eerie more than it is soulful.

I don't really think there is a comparison Jay is better in almost every category.

And y'all keeping talking that flow ? . It's a lot closer then you think

The watcher 2
    http://youtu.be/73ub48tu3YQ

Hovi baby
    http://youtu.be/QTQCSOIpgeM

A million and one Premier remix
    http://youtu.be/cu7mVmziZG8

That boy got flow