Dre 3k say he cant be out here like hov rapping with a cane and catheter

Options
whatevathehell
whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
Andre 3000 pondering rap retirement next year
Sept. 2, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
WENN

Outkast star Andre 3000 is considering retiring from rap next year after he turns 40.

The star, who will mark the milestone birthday in May, is convinced hip-hop is a young man's game. He tells the New York Times, "I remember, at like 25, saying, 'I don't want to be a 40-year-old rapper.' I'm 39 now, and I'm still standing by that. I'm such a fan that I don't want to infiltrate it with old blood."

Andre 3000 reveals he recruits his teenage son Seven, with R&B singer Erykah Badu, to critique his verses on tracks by artists like Beyonce, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown and Frank Ocean, because he is no longer sure what will be a hit with young fans. He explains, "I struggle with the verses. I don't sit around and write raps, I just don't. Now the only time I'm really inspired to write raps is if an artist that I enjoy invites me to their party. So if Future calls and says, 'Hey man, I want you to do this,' I don't want to let Future down. I don't want to let Lil Wayne or Drake down, because I love them ... My son, he's 16. Him and his buddies, they'll be in the car, and I'll say, 'Hey, what do you think about this verse?' That's my gauge at this point. I don't have the pulse. Part of art is knowing when not to put paint on. And when to change your medium."

Although when asked about releasing more music, Andre 3000 says, "I'd love to put out an album."

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=886901

Comments

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait Andre still raps??? *kanye shrug*
  • lonestarg
    lonestarg Members Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't want a album where he's not sure of his skill and craft, and taking advice from no one with experience just off
  • lonestarg
    lonestarg Members Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edit out just off my bad
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hes probaly said all he has to say. The ride cant last forever but damn those years what 95-05 when they were really putting out music were enjoyable as hell. Fav group..period.. of all time.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Outkast has,

1. The highest selling rap album of all time
    2. A 5 mic rating from The Source
    3. 7 Grammy awards

The only place to go is down. What can they possibly accomplish by releasing another album? I was never much of an Outkast fan but they have some songs I like. If they retired they'd go out on top.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3K is an artist, so he has to be inspired to rap or work on his craft. JayZ is a businessman, so his inspiration is money and that mission never ends, because you can always make more money.

In other words, it makes sense for 3K to think that way. He has to find a purpose in making his music before he can get to work or even want to work.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    If he doesn't feel like putting out an album he doesn't have to.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it hilarious when people discount Hov because he ain't dropping classics no more but steady out bumping the Shmurda ? . Adaptability is key when you're trying to have longevity and success. You think Illmatic, Aquemini, It's Dark and Hell is Hot, Ready to Die, etc. would get the same critical acclaim and sell as well today with the ? these rap fans today like?? Dre getting song advice from his son and friends is smart from a selling standpoint. At the end of the day you can be dope as ? and anonymous. To get that look from the masses, you have to have that constant critical acclaim. We know he's talented as ? . He just trying to appeal to todays market
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    its funny that a guy with so many super tuff verses out here many classic songs and records ... that lyrically in 2014 hes so insecure about his lyrical ability ... thats crazy ... and you got guys like future who just hum in the boot for 15minutes until they come up with something that sort of makes sense and keeps it moving LOL ... come on 3k the game needs you .... well if you are going to rap that is .... if you gonna come with another love below bs ... then stay out the game you def dont have a clue what anyone wants f*ck the kids LOL !!
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    gemini86 wrote: »
    this dude is overrated. hes basically a rich man Jay Electronica at this point. Outkast are legends together but people overrate them like crazy.

?
    Lol ppl stay spewing ? on here
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this dude is overrated. hes basically a rich man Jay Electronica at this point. Outkast are legends together but people overrate them like crazy.

?

come on Stew? what im saying makes no sense? no one can take away his accomplishments but hes overrated as a solo act. His body of work does not match the hype that he gets. I made the jay elect comparison because how long have people been waiting for his ? . YEARS!!! he has good verses here and there and ? wanna put him in top 10. lol im sorry I cant. he hasn't proven himself as a solo artist.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kids these days probably don't even know who he is. It's been that long.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

?

come on Stew? what im saying makes no sense? no one can take away his accomplishments but hes overrated as a solo act. His body of work does not match the hype that he gets. I made the jay elect comparison because how long have people been waiting for his ? . YEARS!!! he has good verses here and there and ? wanna put him in top 10. lol im sorry I cant. he hasn't proven himself as a solo artist.

Hes not even a solo artist so how is he overrated as a solo act? Hes apart of arguably 3 classic albums, classic verses, classic features, how does he not match the hype? lol

Dont ever mention Jay Elect in the same sentence as 3000 FOH.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Kids these days probably don't even know who he is. It's been that long.

This is true. I know 18 year olds who didn't know who he is.

One of the 3 kids I was talking to knew he did Hey Ya, the other two had no idea

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Andre 3000 reveals he recruits his teenage son Seven

what

Lol right I shoulda known