Ever had a "dangerous" encounter with any animals?

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I grew up in the states, bout 20 minutes from nyc, so the most we get around here are ? spiders. In other words, i had no experience with the wilderness.

So the first time i go to Turkey, im 14, and the first week we in the city. ? was no different from jersey.

A week later though we went to the village my mom was born at. A lil back story to the village, almost all the people 50 and younger dont live there. They are mostly in europe, and the rest are either in Istanbul, or Ankara. But come summer time they all go back to the village for 2 months. No lie in the winter the population in the village is under 500 but in the summer is 5k.

First time i get there i was im shock. ? mad was ill to me. Dirt roads, tractors, mad rocks on the ground, livestock everywhere, all types of animals. Mad dogs. And the dogs over there are aggresive as ? . First of aint no fences. And the houses with fences dont hold these dogs. They hop right over fences that are 6 feet high like nothing.

So when i got there ? was amazing. Check the next post for stories.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Nah. I stay a safe distance, especially around canals and the Everglades.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    went diving with my friends. they were goin down and shooting fish and ? . one comes up talkin about "the man in the gray suit" im like "wtf?! shitshitshit" all im thinkin is this ? is about to be a tiger
    Running-on-water.gif

he tells me to go down and look by this rock. i go down and its this little mf that looks like it runs on batteries.

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yup few dogs bit me when i was a kid.
    one time i was in india as a kid bout 7 yrs old, had a bag of fruits with me. then a group of monkeys spottet me(baboons) and chased me around a park.
    my moms yelled "throw the bag away" so i did and they left me alone.
    one time almost got got by a snake, but a dude hit her on the head with a broomstick

giphy.gif

• 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol.

a group of friends and i went spearfishing/freediving. one came up saying that hed spotted a shark. they like to steal your catches of your line. hearing the word shark i automatically assumed the worst, a tiger shark. i go down by the rock that he said to go check out, and the shark wasnt a tiger and was a lot smaller than anticipated.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol.

a group of friends and i went spearfishing/freediving. one came up saying that hed spotted a shark. they like to steal your catches of your line. hearing the word shark i automatically assumed the worst, a tiger shark. i go down by the rock that he said to go check out, and the shark wasnt a tiger and was a lot smaller than anticipated.

We live on the mainland bruh you gonna have to explain yourself better lol
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another time i was like 10 me n my cuzn were walkn n this camp area..n we saw a rope n the dirt road she was gona pick it up b i said "thats a fuckn snake!!" Out of no where this creepy lookn mf came out wit a shovel n killed it
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had so many brushes with nature visiting relatives in north florida and Atlanta but i'll share some hood ? . many years ago i walked to the weed spot to get a 5 dollar sac(this was before purp was popular kiddies) so i'm taking my stroll through the hood I turn a corner and in front of me was the biggest rednose pit I've ever seen in my life. he looked like a small lion and his eyes were thecolor off fire. it was a brief standoff. I was frozen in my tracks from fear. thoughts off fight or flight were buzzing in my head. I calmly backed away slowly while maintaining eye contact knowing if I ran it would have chased me. I avoided a certain mauling by this canine terror. man it felt like the ghostbusters movie when they first ran into slimer. that's how tense that moment was.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    had to buss a raccoon in his ? with a brick one time. ? was terrorizing mefor a week posting up outside the crib every night when I got home from work. There were other raccoons rolling with him but they would run, that one was locc'd up. Landlord left a stack of bricks out front. I had to get him......

brave man
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when i was 'bout 14 i was playing hide-and-go-seek at the nearby school with two of my friends. one of them and i were hiding and found this dope spot behind a wooden slab that was part of a baseball backstop. the school has this huge palm tree next to it that a family of turkey vultures lived in. the vultures were huge, and fast, and could often be seen fighting with other birds. for whatever reason a vulture was flying up above us and started getting closer. we didn't want to make a big scene by running out cause then our friend might see us and we wouldn't be able to hide there again. the bird got closer tho and we took off. i thought maybe we were just being irrational, so i looked back as i was running and saw the bird just behind us. i hit 5th gear and through my peripheral vision i saw the bird was pretty much on the back of my friend, he tripped, fell, rolled, and so much dirt went in the air i could just see bits and peices of him through the cloud (picture some jordans periodically coming in and out of view inside a dirt cloud). in my mind the bird was now picking at his back and i was next. i was small too, so i pictured it carrying me away to its tree. i ran faster and got back to the base. my friend who was the seeker was waiting right there and laughing so hard he didn't even bother to try and catch me.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Nope.I'm black

Stray dogs, opossums, Raccoons and ? count as well.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Dude asked about wildlife then dropped a story featuring domestic animals. Smh.

That's why I added this as the first sentence.
    Whether they be insects, stray dogs, bears, deers, etc.

I liked that title and didn't want to change it, but I will go head and do it to make things simple.

"Ever had a dangerous encounter with any animals?" <--- sounds pretty wack compared to wildlife.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ran from pitbulls more than a few times back in the day. Some scary ass ? . Jumping on cars and sitting there until those ? left.

Basically.