ATL: Atlanta's Rise in the Rap Game

Options
aka_OG
aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94P0I2UESjU

brought back some good memories

3stacks is the real king of the south - his presence at the source awards was historic

full vid

Comments

• jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard they didn't mention drama and his mixtapes [-(
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »
    Heard they didn't mention drama and his mixtapes [-(

he was no where to be seen - guess they wanted to highlight the OG's
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    I watched it and it was good. Didn't know Arrested Development was from Atlanta. City has way more good looks than bad. Crazy the amount of hate they get.

Yeah, that ? me up. I thought they were from Tennessee. Yo i thought i heard dude that was one of the first rappers in ATL say Bambataa was his cousin.
  • banner344
    banner344 Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Options
    nice love hotlanta
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And y'all ? be so quick to hate on atl
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sound like T.I. was in the middle of shittin on NY'ers in ATL.

Is there still a ATL/NYC rivalry thing still going on out there?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched this ? last night and it brought back mad memories. A few thoughts watching this ? :

-Damn, now that I think about it, I had NO IDEA what Greg Street and Kizzy Rock looked like. Heard them ? voices my whole childhood.

-? ? Arnell Starr!!!

-How that Bonecrusher used to get ? beat the ? up in the club back in the day.

-etc. etc. etc.

Pretty much everything they captured was accurate.
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol word I thought Arrested Development was from Tennessee too
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Used to party hard to raheem and kilo in the 90s... Ghetto mafia used to be my ? in high school. Sammy Sam and pastir troy
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I watched it and it was good. Didn't know Arrested Development was from Atlanta. City has way more good looks than bad. Crazy the amount of hate they get.

Cause Hip Hop fans SUCK- Stew

got this on dvr but heard good things about it.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

yeah because its becoming NYC 2.0 with all the wack rappers it spits out nowadays. You used to have killer mike and outkast and TIP and Jeezy. Now you got young thug, future, trinidad james.

• GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Cause Hip Hop fans SUCK- Stew

got this on dvr but heard good things about it.

That is true. Competition has been replaced by hate and ignorance. On the other hand, you can't go for any and everything. I was never messing with more than 2 or maybe 3 Atl Trappers. Would not recommend any of this new stuff to someone asking me what to check out from the city.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was real good. I thought VH1 would ? it, they didnt tho!

Outkast is the truth
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that's because all these trap artist are at the forefront like Gucci t.i and 2 chains. I guess people forgot about the music scene from back then
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

yeah because its becoming NYC 2.0 with all the wack rappers it spits out nowadays. You used to have killer mike and outkast and TIP and Jeezy. Now you got young thug, future, trinidad james.

u also had wack rappers back then, and good rappers now in atl, the hate is unjust.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This was a good show,but much like ATL,it totally ignored us underground artists who been around since back then

There's a whole other side of the ATL music scene that is pretty much ignored

Thus you have a ? like me who's been grinding through every era on this doc

They said nothing about 88.5 Talib shabbaz,Jc,Luda's DJ before Luda popped off,Lyrical Giants,The UN,Bad Blood(My crew),Datbu,Starr,Fort Knox, etc etc.

They didn't speak on clubs like The warehouse

I still think it was a great show though,lots of memories

DJ Toomp who was on there actually signed my ppl Native Nuttz when we were in high school

It's not like ppl don't know who we are
  • southsidecpark
    southsidecpark Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Options
    It was a good look for the city I just wish they would have spoke on pastor troy and the impact he had on the whole state of ga
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They missed a few artists mainly youngbloodz IMO but overall it was a good documentary, they covered a lot.had no idea da ? who made step daddy was one of da 1st artist out from da city
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn I didn't know they was from Atlanta. I always thought they was from Tennessee

Tennessee use to be my ? & should be my state national anthem
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ? shake era was goat freaknik used to be off a chain. parties were fun thugs ass ? dancin too lol. dont wanna be no freak no more by raheem and nasty dancer used to be my ? lol. I dont think they mentioned oomp camp
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Source Awards gota be one of the most epic moments in hiphop history.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Source Awards gota be one of the most epic moments in hiphop history.

Has to be between the East/West beef and the South stating there claim. It set the stage for the next 20 years in hip hop.