Ever had a "dangerous" encounter with any animals?

Options

Comments

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got chased by a bull once when i went fishing at a farm pond, got too close its calf by accident lol
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot about this one.

I once was walking from one of the cafeteria's at school, and you know how Geese just be chilling on the sidewalk ? all over the place?

There was this Geese with a couple others just standing in the middle of the sidewalk, so I assume they will just walk away when I approach like they usually do.

Nah.

I'm like four steps away from the Geese, and he is just looking at me, and I'm thinking, "I ain't about to walk around no geese", so I'm about to walk right in to it.

Last minute, he takes a few slow steps to the side, I don't even think he was moving out of the way, he was just walking normally, then he is looking at me from the side like, "wassup?"

Oddest Geese I ever seen, usually they will attack you if they don't run away from you, someone was probably feeding it.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got jumped by a dragonfly
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

I'm like four steps away from the Geese

Last minute, he takes a few slow steps to the side, I don't even think he was moving out of the way, he was just walking normally, then he is looking at me from the side like, "wassup?"

...Geese are aggressive...

I've seen geese run off a gorilla like FOH...

• englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackCat wrote: »
    When I was young I got chased by a dog and almost bit like 3 times. It took me a long time trust and like dogs as an adult. I have gotten attacked and chased by squirrels on numerous occasions. I hate squirrels. They are such mean little creatures for no reason.

Told you squirrels don't ? about lol.
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I told y'all before I don't ? with the wilderness in the "black folks camping" thread so I don't gotta worry bout get attacked by some crazed animal.

I have been bit the ? up by a dog in the hood tho. I'm too traumatized to talk about it.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Closest I've ever been was when I thought Aquafinafloe pic was about to jump out the screen with them crooked ass Aunt Esther fangs she has for teeth.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I've had many "dangerous" encounters with animals.... Dangerous for the animals that is.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    had to buss a raccoon in his ? with a brick one time. ? was terrorizing mefor a week posting up outside the crib every night when I got home from work. There were other raccoons rolling with him but they would run, that one was locc'd up. Landlord left a stack of bricks out front. I had to get him......

brave man

Lol. I was shook standing halfway thru the door. But I just had to get him. Caught the raccoon with that Willie beaman. Crushed his ? .
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Got chased by a moose for about 30 feet before it noticed a tree and started eating it.

Lmao
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When my wife and I first moved into our home it hadn't been inhabited in probably a year or two.

While we were getting some work done to the home we encountered the biggest rat I've ever seen in my life the thing was about the size of a kitten no lie.

I put poison out for it, but a couple weeks went by and the rat was still in the house.

So we decided to call Orkin; Orkin came and installed glue traps in our home and one night when we came home from a night out I heard my wife hollering in the living room.

I went to the living room to investigate what was going on and there was a snake in the glue trap.

It was a ground rattler snake.

I took it put it in a trash bag and hauled it off.

A few days later the big rat showed up in the hallway clinging to life come to find out the poison I had been putting out killed him and not the anything Orkin did.

I suspect that snake was after the rat.

It should be mentioned we have a big ass bayou in our back yard I've seen all kinda insects and dangerous wildlife out there.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My sister and I was attacked by bees and that's how our family found out that my sister is very allergic to them.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I remember another one. I was living in Jersey with some roommates and squirrel came looking in our window. We decided to leave some nuts out. The ? actually had preference for certain nuts. He didn't come by for awhile and one day he showed up with what looked like mange looking through the window. Freaked us the ? out. Thought it was a zombie squirrel. We were no longer concerned about the squirrel like a ? seeing his ex girlfriend 200 pounds heavier.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chased by a moose...where the ? yall live at. a moose. hell naw

prays the lord that i'm a city ? . only animals I see are squirrels rats and raccoons. I seen a rat the size of a car tire one night. I just slid around that ?

watch them seagulls when you downtown...they will swoop in and take your food right out your hand
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Prays the lord?

blame DC public school system
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was down in Florida riding with the sun roof open on my truck one night, and I felt somethin on my head, I figured it was a mosquito or somethin and swatted at it.

A second later there it is again so I swatted at it and then I felt a lot of movement on my head, this was before I was bald so I rubbed my hand over my waves back to front, and a little blue and black lizard fell in my ? lap!

I was driving too, just came out of a red light and swerved into a ditch and hopped out the truck shaking out my clothes. Ppl looking at me like I'm crazy etc.

I didn't see the lizard again and was on high alert every time I got in my truck for like a week after that, cuz I thought he was still in there. Smmfh.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Years ago I was doing landscaping work. We all over Louisiana doing maintenance work on right-aways for company's like Exxon, Chevron, and etc. These right-aways were lamp post and sign markers that indicated the location of pipes underground. Many of these rightaways went into what they called, "? 's country". Untouched wilderness and little to no signs of civilization, save for giant power lines that shared the clearings with the right-away markers.

I'll be damned, there's actually a picture online of one...

piperow61.jpg

Now to the story. Me and my foreman, cool guy I'd get high with, was out in Avonyelles Parish I think. Miles from civilization and 30 minutes off the main road, down an abandoned dirt road, to the markers. I should of known my black ass didn't need to be out there off that alone. But it's a fresh Monday morning with the sausage egg and cheese breakfast.

Not that ? from McDonalds, I'm talking bout the scrambled eggs falling out the biscuit ? . With the fresh slice of Kraft cheese melting softly on the fresh off the fryer Jimmy Dean sausage patty and chased by the icest coldest Minute Maid orange juice I ever had. All served by the sweetest creole woman I couldn't understand when she talked.

Anyway, I tell that ? to hand me a the star blade, big ass steel ninja star looking ? you put on a weed-eater. I was ready to work after that most important meal of the day.

I rev up and get busy. Cutting and swinging and slicing and waving that ? on 3ft grass like I was the next John Henry. On one particular swing as I balanced the inertia for another swipe, my "perriffial" vision caught a slender streak of blackness scurrying on the ground to my side.

I looked down and see my feets surrounded by baby snakes like Orichimaru was vomiting a forbidden jutsu. A ? done ? around and swiped at a damn snake nest. The little ? is slithering every where. That next swipe with the weed eater turned into the best toss of company tools I ever threw. All that momentum and panic made me let go of that weed-eater mid swing. I flung that ? like Koba was throwing apes and ran like a ? back to the bed of the company truck.

My foreman was ahead of me on the tractor with the bush-hog. I guess he saw me taking flight and rode up to see what was wrong. Told him what happened and he just used the tractor to clear the rest of the area. ? said he seen all kinds of ? in the grass, but they were just as scared of us as we were of them. He picked the weed-eater back up while out on the tractor after he was done.

Now, I'm alive to tell y'all about it.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not my story, but folks always dig this one.

So I'm doing this turnaround at a ? factory, that's right, they made fertilizer there. So it's the first day and the crews are all getting sorted out. All the craft guys are doing the casual conversation thing. One guy in the group was a youngster that had just left underwater welding. You could only do that ? for 7 years back then, they don't let folks work in that field too long, shortens they life span.

So you have an idea...

banner_02udt.jpg

Anyway, guy was telling us how they had him down in the cage underwater one day. He had to wait on confirmation above on the rig before he could start work. So he's waiting and looking around in the cage, submerged deep in the gulf of Mexico. See's fishes swimming around, other forms of underwater nature, and a cave down on the sea floor. No big deal. Pretty peaceful for the most part.

Well, some more time went by. He's still waiting. Suddenly he catches some movement by the cave out the corner of his eye. He looks and faster than he can blink, that cave he saw earlier closes shut. Turns out it was some big ass fish laying with it's mouth open, not a cave. That ? rustled up some dirt off the sea floor and swam off into the blue darkness.

Dude said he pulled and yanked the rope for them to pull him back up with the quickness. That big ? scared the ? outta him.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was down in Florida riding with the sun roof open on my truck one night, and I felt somethin on my head, I figured it was a mosquito or somethin and swatted at it.

A second later there it is again so I swatted at it and then I felt a lot of movement on my head, this was before I was bald so I rubbed my hand over my waves back to front, and a little blue and black lizard fell in my ? lap!

I was driving too, just came out of a red light and swerved into a ditch and hopped out the truck shaking out my clothes. Ppl looking at me like I'm crazy etc.

I didn't see the lizard again and was on high alert every time I got in my truck for like a week after that, cuz I thought he was still in there. Smmfh.

That's a tragedy my ? ..
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was camping at Glacier National Park with a tour group, had something start sniffing outside my tent at like 4 in the morning. Was scared shitless because we were warned about mountain lion attacks in the area at the time. Needed to ? real bad but didn't move since the toilets would have been locked and I didn't want to go outside with someone ? wild animal snooping around, didn't sleep for the next two hours until the sun came up, the smell of ? on their territory being yet another reason they can go ? . When I did get up, turns out my camping buddy had also been woken up by the sniffing and snout pushing to the tent but thought the exact same ? thing as me: wait until dawn and hope it wasn't that hungry. Live for now, ? later.

Some fat Australian ? had left a jar of Bacobits with some little crumbs left in it near the campfire which had likely attracted either a bear or mountain lion into the camp even though we were told to dump any food or packaging into the iron recycling bins before midnight. My buddy took a ? on the fat ? 's sleeping bag before he went to bed the next night. Lazy Aussie ? nearly got us ate by a cougar.

Also had a big ? rottie run at me but when it was going to jump at me I front kicked it in the middle of it's ribs, it landed on it's side, I growled at it and then it ran back to it's owner. They tried to claim I attacked their dog but I argued the ? thing should have been on a lead and they clearly couldn't control it or it wouldn't have jumped at me and ran from them to begin with. I do like animals and have owned dogs myself but if some massive fighting dog is running at me I'm not going to ? around, those things go for the throat.

When I was living with my pops and was a lot younger, back in the days of dial up internet, we lived above his office in the upper rooms next to a place that did South American cuisine. We came in one evening and there was literally a spider the size of a dinner plate on the wall. ? huge thing, massive fangs and ? skinny legs. I asked my dad to handle it but he was too scared. I had to literally swat the thing with a phonebook when it went to jump at me and my pops made me clean it up off the wall the next morning. Looked it up on Encarta, ? thing was a Huntsman and could have probably ? me up something proper. Place next door got shut down for buying foreign produce illegally via unapproved cash and carry importers 3 months later, got turned into a Mexican cantina restaurant.

No, it couldn't have.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw my boy get a centipede bite on his arm..idk if hes allergic, but that ? looked like he had a baseball in that mf...shhhhhit