Fastest youve quit a job?

Options

Comments

• bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 hours. got a job in McDonalds freshmen year of university. during lunch i called my boy and he picked me up and i never came back. ended up staying @ his crib living off beats for the summer. goat time
  • Viktor
    Viktor Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    "Bruh, you gonna need to find another way to work if you plan on smelling like that everyday!"

LL

This thread delivered. Good ? OP.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    RiGGA wrote: »
    I worked at Sharks for a while. For those who don't know it's just a lowkey fish & chicken spot ran by Arabians. It's a small chain that branched out from Chicago & they hired me at the one by my school (NIU).

I knew the ? wasnt legit cuz I filled out NO paperwork bruh was like "you want job? Come back Monday, 2pm."

So I'm like umm okay ? it, hella ? be ordering sharks so if I'm the delivery driver i know im pulling drawes. So I'm working a few days as a Delivery driver & I'm riding around high as ? delivering food. Even picked up this bad ass ? that worked there too & she made me pick up her bad ass friends & they just rolled wit me damn near the whole shift; smoking me out on blunts, & just keeping a young boa entertained throughout my chicken transporting.

Anyway, ? was a dope ass college job up until around the first payday. I started asking the boss how we getting paid since he didn't take my banking information & he talmbout some don't worry I got you...tf? So I ask around to some coworkers & they tell me the ? pull straight up out the drawer.

I'm thinking okay this ? is sweet. He only paying me $5hr+tips (college town bruh) so ? it ima start dipping into the funds. Whenever the customer paid with cash I took 2 dollars from the bill. I'm thinking obviously when he goes to count up, since there was multiple delivery drivers he won't know who came up short.

I was wrong. ? confronted me next payday like "we missing 50 dollars from your runs. I need that."

So I'm like oh ? must have been a mistake but it won't happen again. Damn right it wouldn't. I went home for spring break & came back without that job.I was still on the university's payroll as a tutor though, so ? them arabs.

Can't be fired from a job that wasn't legally documented, so I just like to think of it as the time I hustled chicken lol.

Lol we had a Sharks in Louisville up the street from my crib. It was attached to a mechanic shop, run by Arabs. They say they was moving dope out of there. I unno doe.

@A$AP_A$TON oh so you either lived in shagbark or over by 7th and algonguin. i pick the former. tell me im a lie

Lol ? wanna put me in the hood so bad. #Pause I was off Cane Run in that little sub division. All the streets in the neighborhood was named after musical instruments. Smh

aye bruh its right across the street so sue me and you live on oboe dont you?

Lol How tf could you know that? I used to, my ppl still stay there.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Caught a job in Yonkers at the waste water treatment plant. Was there to do paper work and monitor gauges and things ....... First day while on tour through the facility, a pipe burst and they called for all hands to help with containment and clean up. Why did it have to be a stage one sewage pipe ...... all the chemicals that was used to clean the waste in it too ..... it was literally eating the soles off our shoes and the worst smell ever! I bounced right after that cause the smell had me sick ...... Got on the bus and people were moving to other seats to get away from me. When I was getting off the bus at my stop, the bus driver was like "Bruh, you gonna need to find another way to work if you plan on smelling like that everyday!"
    Good 40 minute hot shower to scrub the stink off of me ....

The plant called the next day and left a message when I didn't show up. They said they know it was a rough first day and things like that don't happen often. They offered to hold the position open for me for the next 24hrs. to decide if I was still interested ...... I never called back

Damn, was it good money tho?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I was working at this place called Winguard as a temp-to-hire. I worked this job for approximately 2 days. It was a tire factory & that ? was hard af.

The first day I arrived at the job, they put me in the back of a parked 18 wheeler truck (that was stacked with tires from the halfway point & to the ceiling) with this white boy. Our job was to climb on some tires & knock the tires down to the floor, so we can stack in a set of fours.

But before we stacked them, we had to stack every one with a green sticker facing upward then after we stack in a set of fours. We had to take a wheel dolly & clamp it around the set of tires & pull them to this assembly line & keep the line filled up. It was 6 lanes we had to keep running & if you get behind then a yellow light will flash & it'll eventually stop the line.

First day was aight because I was helping the white boy. The next day I came in, they put me on the truck by myself................Why did they do that for? Them ? had me working hard like John Henry in that ? ........ I couldn't keep up with the line for ? then this ? came to help me for a little while, so I can catch up but after I fell off again. I was boiling hot because they know one person can't do that ? alone. Then it was mandatory that you had to wear pants, so I was hot af doing that ? . After it was over, I hopped on the phone with these temporary service people & told them "mannnnnnnnnnnn don't send me to no ? like that anymore".
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RiGGA wrote: »
    I worked at Sharks for a while. For those who don't know it's just a lowkey fish & chicken spot ran by Arabians. It's a small chain that branched out from Chicago & they hired me at the one by my school (NIU).

I knew the ? wasnt legit cuz I filled out NO paperwork bruh was like "you want job? Come back Monday, 2pm."

So I'm like umm okay ? it, hella ? be ordering sharks so if I'm the delivery driver i know im pulling drawes. So I'm working a few days as a Delivery driver & I'm riding around high as ? delivering food. Even picked up this bad ass ? that worked there too & she made me pick up her bad ass friends & they just rolled wit me damn near the whole shift; smoking me out on blunts, & just keeping a young boa entertained throughout my chicken transporting.

Anyway, ? was a dope ass college job up until around the first payday. I started asking the boss how we getting paid since he didn't take my banking information & he talmbout some don't worry I got you...tf? So I ask around to some coworkers & they tell me the ? pull straight up out the drawer.

I'm thinking okay this ? is sweet. He only paying me $5hr+tips (college town bruh) so ? it ima start dipping into the funds. Whenever the customer paid with cash I took 2 dollars from the bill. I'm thinking obviously when he goes to count up, since there was multiple delivery drivers he won't know who came up short.

I was wrong. ? confronted me next payday like "we missing 50 dollars from your runs. I need that."

So I'm like oh ? must have been a mistake but it won't happen again. Damn right it wouldn't. I went home for spring break & came back without that job.I was still on the university's payroll as a tutor though, so ? them arabs.

Can't be fired from a job that wasn't legally documented, so I just like to think of it as the time I hustled chicken lol.

Lol we had a Sharks in Louisville up the street from my crib. It was attached to a mechanic shop, run by Arabs. They say they was moving dope out of there. I unno doe.

@A$AP_A$TON oh so you either lived in shagbark or over by 7th and algonguin. i pick the former. tell me im a lie

Lol ? wanna put me in the hood so bad. #Pause I was off Cane Run in that little sub division. All the streets in the neighborhood was named after musical instruments. Smh

aye bruh its right across the street so sue me and you live on oboe dont you?

Lol How tf could you know that? I used to, my ppl still stay there.

@A$AP_A$TON remember bruh @iamtheville and you have a cousin who used to wear braids and was a skinny little ? didnt you? and he hung out with aaron huh?
  • Feelin_Foolay
    Feelin_Foolay Members Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just quit my job doing overnight stocking at a grocery store after only working for 2 days. ? had me working from 11pm-6am stocking asiles nshit. IDK how ? be doing this overnight ? man ? had me depressed. And my work schedule was some ? having me come int Weds-Sunday working overnight.

Realized ? who work overnight are foreigners, dumb ? , felons, and just dumb ? again
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a week maybe 2

? popeye's..
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 days......mcdonalds.

• renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    Options
    CES Security...not even sure if you can technically say i worked for them. A ? was at rock bottom and needed a job. Shouldve known what was what when the ad said they needed to hire 300 security guards. I went down there and everyone is hired on the spot...did my orientation next day...and they had me signed up to work 2 days later from midnight to 8am. I get down there at 11:45 ready to sign in and they tell me all the spots are filled...its a first come first serve basis. So im like WTF is the point of putting me on schedule if its first come first serve. They tell me try again tomorrow and get there earlier to ensure a spot smh. So i call em first thing in the morning and tell em straight up i aint coming in the next 2 shifts. Woman tells me to turn in my badge and uniform. I told that ? straight up...take it out my check and hung up. Worst company ever
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just quit my job doing overnight stocking at a grocery store after only working for 2 days. ? had me working from 11pm-6am stocking asiles nshit. IDK how ? be doing this overnight ? man ? had me depressed. And my work schedule was some ? having me come int Weds-Sunday working overnight.

Realized ? who work overnight are foreigners, dumb ? , felons, and just dumb ? again
    my first job was at walmart as a stocker on 3rd i liked it for real more laid back but im more of a night owl tho too...ive worked every shift and i can say 2nd is the worst...? just odd to me lol but 1st is cool long as it aint too early 8 is the earliest i can get up lol
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a temp job at this company called wornick with my friend. It was a big factory and til this day I don't know what they do. They walk me and my friend through then separated us. I don't know where he went but they sent me to this area where 4 people were standing over a tote with water in it scrubbing these meal packages they use in the army with brillo pads.

We went on that first break, went home and never came back.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    When I got my first job at 15, riding the bus and on the way to my first day, said ? that and went to the mall.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I quit a few bs jobs when I was in high school, because I was too busy chasing females around.
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    When I got my first job at 15, riding the bus and on the way to my first day, said ? that and went to the mall.
    This ? went window shopping instead of getting money.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never quit a job. I've got stellar job references.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Threads like this are what make the ic great
  • tearjerker
    tearjerker Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    When I was 20, I worked at RaceTrac for 2 days. The first day they have me stocking and rotating items on the shelves then tell me something about the district manager was showing up so I couldn't be caught slacking off. The first red flag popped up in my mind. I've heard that phrase before at other jobs, but I wasn't paying that any mind on my first day. Then they had me go outside and sweep up. It's like and endless amount of cigarette butts out there because when people pull up, they get their last drag and flick the butts so you'll never run out of things to sweep up. It doesn't snow much here in GA but that cold February morning, those snow flurries starting falling. I wasn't about that life so I went back inside. Also, apparently people stealing gas is a big thing back int he day because you could pump before you pay. These f*ckers wanted me to run out in the parking lot and capture the lciense plate and the car so the store could snitch on you later. I wasn't running out in the parking lot risking getting hit just to be a snitch. Then I asked when was break because I didn't eat breakfast that morning. My ? ass manager snickered and said, "Yeah right, you can go eat a hot dog in front of the microwave if you want". Red Flag # 2.5 at this point. Then when I attempted to work the cash register and didn't know a thing about cigarettes, cats would come in asking for a pack of KOOL 100's soft pack, and I was looking confused AF.

The next day, they have me doing bogus as jobs like cleaning window sills and sanitizing the fountain nozzles. Then I just mopped and around 5 'o'clock all these Mexicans and whites started coming in with these muddy ass boots. Georgia red clay all on the floor. I can't help the time they get off and was like, "I gotta get used to this bullsh*t everyday around 5? I don't know bout this sh*t. Final straw, the ? as manager ask me to clean the grates of the refrigerated island where they keep the fruit and the sandwiches. It was all dusty, which meant no one had cleaned it in a looong time, so why dafuq was the new guy doing such a task?

They called me 3 days later saying that I was a no show the day before and wanted to know if I was coming in. I replied, "Naah, fug that ? ". The lady asked me to bring my shirt back in. I just cut grass in it last week.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    About 1 1/2 ago when i was broke i saw fb post from a chick i was trna smash since HS..

She works at autozone n they needed a parts driver so i thought ? 2 birds

Get lil $$ n try n knock this ? ...

I turn in my resume...manager said come in at 2 tomm...with a smirk...i go in...see the ? she gained weight (she had a chipmunk cheeks now)

The boss tell me why would i wana work there im overqualified never got a call back

Dude they hired ended up running from the cops n crashn his car into a pole n killn himself

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tearjerker wrote: »
    When I was 20, I worked at RaceTrac for 2 days. The first day they have me stocking and rotating items on the shelves then tell me something about the district manager was showing up so I couldn't be caught slacking off. The first red flag popped up in my mind. I've heard that phrase before at other jobs, but I wasn't paying that any mind on my first day. Then they had me go outside and sweep up. It's like and endless amount of cigarette butts out there because when people pull up, they get their last drag and flick the butts so you'll never run out of things to sweep up. It doesn't snow much here in GA but that cold February morning, those snow flurries starting falling. I wasn't about that life so I went back inside. Also, apparently people stealing gas is a big thing back int he day because you could pump before you pay. These f*ckers wanted me to run out in the parking lot and capture the lciense plate and the car so the store could snitch on you later. I wasn't running out in the parking lot risking getting hit just to be a snitch. Then I asked when was break because I didn't eat breakfast that morning. My ? ass manager snickered and said, "Yeah right, you can go eat a hot dog in front of the microwave if you want" Red # 2.5 at this point. Then when I attempted to work the cash register and didn't know a thing about cigarettes, cats would come in asking for a pack of KOOL 100's soft pack, and I was looking confused AF.

The next day, they have me doing bgus as jobs like cleaning window sills, and sanitizing the fountain nozzles. Then I just mopped and arpund 5 'o'clock all these Mexicans and whites started coming in with these muddy ass boots. Georgia red clay all on the flor. I can't help the time they get off and was like, "I gotta get used to this bullsh*t everyday around 5? I don't know bout this sh*t. Final straw, the ? as manager ask me to clean the grates of the refrigerated island where they keep the fruit and the sandwiches. Itw as all dusty, which menat no one had cleaned it in a looong time, so why dafuq was the new guy doing such a task?

They called me 3 days later saying that I was a no show the day before and wanted to know if I was coming in. I replied, "Naah, fug that ? ". The ladt asked me to bring my shirt back in. I just cut grass in it last week.

LMAO
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/7QhttjrOg5A

Anybody ever left a job in a similar manner as this?

The managers fall was Allstate's stand. Lolll
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Was offered a job, selling office supplies to other companies. Turned it down at the interview. Does that count?