Ever had a "dangerous" encounter with any animals?

Options

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Yea man.. bout 2 years ago my fathers african parrot turned on me and attacked me..

Just a week prior it was all good man.. we would chill, walk around the house him sittin on my shoulders eating crackers n ? .. everything was good bruh. Then I had went outta town for like a week.. and when I came back I went over there n thought ? was all gravy. As soon as I got near the cage he started attacking it tho. I tried to put my finger out and he got more violent.. offered him crackers as a peace offering, and he basically said ? yo crackers, wouldnt even take the ?

A few days later my pops lets his ass out the cage n I was in the backroom talkin to my brother, we heard squawking followed by the sound of wings flapping & before I knew it this son of a ? flew all the way into the backroom and landed in the middle of my back wit his claws grabbin my shirt.

Bruh I knew what it was.. I just surrendered right then n there I knew he had come for me cause he had been feeling some type of way lately.

I tried to remain calm and use that lil trick where u get them to climb on ur finger but it didnt go as expected. He started attackin me while my brothers ? ass hid under the cover. I was cussing and screaming till my pops came in with a towel and pulled him off.

My dog had arrived late to the scene after he heard all the commotion. I knew he had come to come defend me, but they wouldnt let em in.

It was just like in the movies when they put the yellow tape up and block ppl from the crime scene, the damage was done n they wouldnt let my dog in the room cause they knew what the deal was, he was gone ? that bird.

I cussed at my pops for the first time ever on that day, then told him I was gone ? his ? bird. I spent those next 3 weeks trying to train my dog to attack his cage but he just wouldn't do it.

I read that Parrots aren't good pets because they are kinda bipolar and very attached. You leaving after previously showing it that you were down for life, made the parrot feel some kinda way.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EDIT: Actually wait.. this aint even wild life but still this ? changed my life

It's cool, thread title change.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    EDIT: Actually wait.. this aint even wild life but still this ? changed my life

It's cool, thread title change.

What's the difference between wildlife and domesticated when they both trying to wild out on you. A dog can ? as easy as a wolf.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot about this one.

I once was walking from one of the cafeteria's at school, and you know how Geese just be chilling on the sidewalk ? all over the place?

There was this Geese with a couple others just standing in the middle of the sidewalk, so I assume they will just walk away when I approach like they usually do.

Nah.

I'm like four steps away from the Geese, and he is just looking at me, and I'm thinking, "I ain't about to walk around no geese", so I'm about to walk right in to it.

Last minute, he takes a few slow steps to the side, I don't even think he was moving out of the way, he was just walking normally, then he is looking at me from the side like, "wassup?"

Oddest Geese I ever seen, usually they will attack you if they don't run away from you, someone was probably feeding it.

Geese are nasty ? . Make sure you don't walk by them when they have their young with them. They'll try to ? you up.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    I grew up in the states, bout 20 minutes from nyc, so the most we get around here are ? spiders. In other words, i had no experience with the wilderness.

So the first time i go to Turkey, im 14, and the first week we in the city. ? was no different from jersey.

A week later though we went to the village my mom was born at. A lil back story to the village, almost all the people 50 and younger dont live there. They are mostly in europe, and the rest are either in Istanbul, or Ankara. But come summer time they all go back to the village for 2 months. No lie in the winter the population in the village is under 500 but in the summer is 5k.

First time i get there i was im shock. ? mad was ill to me. Dirt roads, tractors, mad rocks on the ground, livestock everywhere, all types of animals. Mad dogs. And the dogs over there are aggresive as ? . First of aint no fences. And the houses with fences dont hold these dogs. They hop right over fences that are 6 feet high like nothing.

So when i got there ? was amazing. Check the next post for stories.

Well damn a poster thats been to Turkey thats dope

I've got turkish roots and I know exactly what you talkin bout cause almost everbody in Istanbul and other cities come from villages like those
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    One thing I forgot to add. After all the coyotes got done howling I was scared as hell, but I knew right then and there, this is the life for me. It was a very exhilarating experience.

Will Munny gonna die like Tristan in Legends of the Fall.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i kinda got chased down by a squirrel once. i dont ? around with wild rodents. there's a big azz possum in my complex i hope i dont run into coming home late nite.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot about this one.

I once was walking from one of the cafeteria's at school, and you know how Geese just be chilling on the sidewalk ? all over the place?

There was this Geese with a couple others just standing in the middle of the sidewalk, so I assume they will just walk away when I approach like they usually do.

Nah.

I'm like four steps away from the Geese, and he is just looking at me, and I'm thinking, "I ain't about to walk around no geese", so I'm about to walk right in to it.

Last minute, he takes a few slow steps to the side, I don't even think he was moving out of the way, he was just walking normally, then he is looking at me from the side like, "wassup?"

Oddest Geese I ever seen, usually they will attack you if they don't run away from you, someone was probably feeding it.

Geese are nasty ? . Make sure you don't walk by them when they have their young with them. They'll try to ? you up.

I seen that ? with my own two eyes. I was walking to the barber shop across campus and my boy said don't go over there its a nest and they'll ? you up.

I'm like you ain't gotta tell me twice so I walk alllllll the way around. Sure enough this one goose is on patrol mode. I really didn't want them problems.

But i stop cuz i see two Indians walking down the street and I'm contemplating should i tell them or not. ? that

They walk right past the ? goose that's on a patrol. He walks up basically standing his ground they didn't pay him no mind. So he was like y'all think this ? a game and jumps on one dude. I mean he was ? him up. The other dude took his shoe off but he missed and it landed near the nest.

I'm in the background and yell "you done ? up now, run Dhalsim" the bird yells this war cry like he had all of Canada on his back. He swooped up and dove straight at him. He ended up knocking dude down and it was like a horror movie. He was screaming for his life lmao. The goose was falcon punching these ? . I was rolling!

Eventually they get far enough away and the bird waddles off like ain't ? happen.

LOL at "Run, Dhalsim!"
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot about this one.

Nah.

I seen that ? with my own two eyes. I was walking to the barber shop across campus and my boy said don't go over there its a nest and they'll ? you up.

I'm like you ain't gotta tell me twice so I walk alllllll the way around. Sure enough this one goose is on patrol mode. I really didn't want them problems.

But i stop cuz i see two Indians walking down the street and I'm contemplating should i tell them or not. ? that

They walk right past the ? goose that's on a patrol. He walks up basically standing his ground they didn't pay him no mind. So he was like y'all think this ? a game and jumps on one dude. I mean he was ? him up. The other dude took his shoe off but he missed and it landed near the nest.

I'm in the background and yell "you done ? up now, run Dhalsim" the bird yells this war cry like he had all of Canada on his back. He swooped up and dove straight at him. He ended up knocking dude down and it was like a horror movie. He was screaming for his life lmao. The goose was falcon punching these ? . I was rolling!

Eventually they get far enough away and the bird waddles off like ain't ? happen.

Hilarious, nothing funnier than watching someone walk into a bad situation involving an animal.
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was in the park with my girl. It was a brisk fall day. We're just strolling through the park and come across this sea of geese. Had to be at least 500 of them easily. Now the geese were about 50 yards away from out away from us. Me being young, stupid, and having a hatred for birds decides to pick up this big ass rock and launch it into the middle of all those geese. In unison ALL of those birds got up and took flight directly towards me and my girl. I was scared as ? . Those ? flew straight towards us going above our heads only by inches. I remember when it happened I just threw my hood over my head and was praying I didnt 500 pounds worth of bird ? on me. Thank ? I didn't. I don't ever mess with birds after that.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just in Grand Turk last week and they had a pack of stray dogs walking around looking like the dogs from a resident evil game. I thought I was gonna have to fight one of them to the death like kujo...but they kept it moving.

I'm glad cuz I wouldn't have won that battle.
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Around 10 years old I got chased by Doberman Pincher. Luckily my uncle's truck was near by and I jumped in the back.

Almost fell in the alligator pit at Okefenokee swamp Park.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ THIS", turned around and went after my azzz.

I screamed. I ran. I learned my lesson.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was down in Florida riding with the sun roof open on my truck one night, and I felt somethin on my head, I figured it was a mosquito or somethin and swatted at it.

A second later there it is again so I swatted at it and then I felt a lot of movement on my head, this was before I was bald so I rubbed my hand over my waves back to front, and a little blue and black lizard fell in my ? lap!

I was driving too, just came out of a red light and swerved into a ditch and hopped out the truck shaking out my clothes. Ppl looking at me like I'm crazy etc.

I didn't see the lizard again and was on high alert every time I got in my truck for like a week after that, cuz I thought he was still in there. Smmfh.

that's called a skink. the first time I saw one of those I was confused. I was like"i didn't know they come in that color"
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? a fat chick that had like 8 cats once.

The cats weren't the dangerous encounter with an animal tho.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I was younger, me and a few of the neighborhood kids used to cross this ditch to go the sonics fast food junt. This ditch was always filled with water. One day we jumping across to go to the sonic and I jump without paying attention. Mane this thick ass yella snake was coiled up right next to me. I didn't have enough time to panic as I jumped right back over with the quickness. Scared the ? outta me. Was awhile before I crossed that ditch.

Another earlier time I was with my bro and my bike somehow fell in the ditch. Me and lil bro climbing down to get the bike out the water when a water moccasin swam right over it. Said ? the bike and that bike ? was dead
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    man i got attacked by about 15-20 pigeons once...like seriously attacked...? was ? up man

I hate when birds like crows start nesting and they get hostile ad start swooping down on you because they are defensive and protecting their eggs or hatchlings. ? is annoying. i'm afraid of getting pecked. its like a flying pair of scissors.