Man changes his name from "jose" to "joe" and gets multiple job offers

Options
2»

Comments

• GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    White Man's world cuh-cuh. They would like you to have those basic names like, Joseph, Steve, John, and etc that's white sounding.

JOSE' is a white man's name, you dumb troll!
    C S
    Jose is an anglo saxxon spaniard name from Spain.
    But so many Mexicans and latino have that name in america, its not perceived as white, but it is.
    Much like Tyrone which has greek origins and irish origins. But is associated with black ppl in America.

They don't hear you, Bruh.

You are, so ignorant bruh I mean damn cuh.

This coming from a ? who doesn't know the difference between "rapid" and "rampant".

Like I said, ? .....

JOSE' is a masculine given name that originated in a white region... Hence, a white man's name, genius.

Now, stop embarrassing yourself and put me back on ignore, you dumb ? .

However, it's associated with Hispanics and when a person thinks of the name Jose they think Hispanic. Plus, it's called White Privilege. Anyway, smoke a rock ? .
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    White Man's world cuh-cuh. They would like you to have those basic names like, Joseph, Steve, John, and etc that's white sounding.

C S
    But so many Mexicans and latino have that name in america, its not perceived as white, but it is.
    Much like Tyrone which has greek origins and irish origins. But is associated with black ppl in America.

This coming from a ? who doesn't know the difference between "rapid" and "rampant".

Like I said, ? .....

JOSE' is a masculine given name that originated in a white region... Hence, a white man's name, genius.

However, it's associated with Hispanics and when a person thinks of the name Jose they think Hispanic. Plus, it's called White Privilege. Anyway, smoke a rock ? .

There's white hispanics, you slimy ? .

@Trillfate‌

@JonnyRoccIT

Put Reggie Tillar outta his misery.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options

C S

Like I said, ? .....

@‌Trillfate

@JonnyRoccIT

Put Reggie Tillar outta his misery.

I'm not gonna mess with you or respond to you anymore. I hate to say it, but you win.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hqdefault.jpg

^^^@GorillaWitAttitude a.k.a Reggie Tillar^^^

SMH
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well ? , I might start using my middle name. Smh
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Bruh.

Nobody gives a ? where the name is originally from.

White ppl hear that name and think of "? Mexicans"

But but whats the problemo? they stopped giving their kids ghetto sounding names and gave them european names..... But some how, that ain't enough huh????.

I think you should be name what ever you want and it shouldn't matter.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh.

Nobody gives a ? where the name is originally from.

White ppl hear that name and think of "? Mexicans"

But but whats the problemo? they stopped giving their kids ghetto sounding names and gave them european names..... But some how, that ain't enough huh????.

I think you should be name what ever you want and it shouldn't matter.

This ? applied ti same jobs and all he did was remove "s" from his name....? racists
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Friend of mine worked in recruitment for a while. Used to tell me all the time that companies only took the minority soundin' names when they were either the only applicant that was able to do the job or they were by far and away better than their cracka counterparts.

When he sent them minority applicants and they turn them away, the same excuse was used. "Well qualified but not a good team fit"

I hear a lotta ? names but it shouldn't matter what your mum decided to make you 24 years ago.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ironically, if his name was Jesus, the same thing would be likely to happen.

Heyzeus, nah.....Mary and Joe....yes!
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna try this experiment with my name and see if it works
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a white sounding name but I figured when I clicked that African American box I didn't get calls for jobs I know damn well I was qualified for
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The root problem is that black ppl dont OWN ? . We r the only ppl that tell their kids to go to college and get educated so they can work for someone else. It doesnt matter what u name ur kid if they have to go beg some1 for a job twenty some years later. Stop buying rims, weaves and standing in line for days to buy Jordan's and start building something. How many trillions of dollars does black america throw away every year?????

Owning business>>>>>> than being owned

http://www.economicblueprint.org/#
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why when I call AT&T or FedEx customer service line, I get a foreign (obviously middle eastern) guy named "Bob" or "Frank"
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    I have a white sounding name but I figured when I clicked that African American box I didn't get calls for jobs I know damn well I was qualified for

I never check that box either......? is to discriminate
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »

Yeah but not clicking tells them what they need to know too. What white person not gonna proclaim it if they think it'll will lead to them getting a job over you
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »

? , ya ass still got to go in for an interview...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    White Privilege is real!

yet they like to hark on the unemployment rate for minorities