• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not even racism can make people give a ? about the Hawks
    ^^^^^^^^RealestShitIEverWrote.Com
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crackers saw how much the Clippers sorry ass franchise sold for and hit the e-mail scrolling fast as ? like, "there's gotta be some racism in here somewhere gotdamnit!"

In Other news: Mark Cuban has released a statement claiming he is the Grand Wizard of the KKK and the Buss family is fully funding a Neo-? organization in Germany.
  • skpjr78
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The hawks are like the jax jaguars or kc royals of the nba. most ppl forgot they even exist. Theres more exictement riding marta to the game than at the actual game. If not for advertising other players the hawks wouldn't have a crowd period
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the past two years, we have created a section of rowdy college students that has been a big plus.

so let me get this straight...

black people: bad
    rowdy college students: good (unless they're black)

lmao. ok.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    rapmusic wrote: »
    ? I wonder what the Warriors and Pistons GM says about his team if the damn Hawks owner said this.

Pistons don't play in Detroit tho, that stadium in the suburbs. As far as the warriors, that's why they go rid of Ellis and kept curry. You notice they got the softess looking line up in the NBA? No ? ...they got rid of mark Jackson for Steve Kerr bruh....a day later, can't front on them emails. When you watch the hawks on tv, the fans don't even be in unison with the colors. Saw one hawks game and some cat had on a Kobe jersey, ....they were playing the Nets man...lol
    I don't live in Atlanta but I have been to quite a few Hawks games. It's sad man.. People would rather pay for the bad seats just to see the guy from the other team. One of my best friends is a huge Allen Iverson fan and wanted to go to a game just to see him, straight didn't give a ? about anybody on the Hawks lol. I remember covering a Hawks game as well for my station as well because we had this dude who came out of Augusta State and ended up on the Suns(same game where I saw fans straight roasting Joe Johnson) Man the sports guy didn't even give a ? about the Hawks. I basically got a free pass to the game and sat right on the out of bounds line just to get 30 seconds of video of this dude taking shots at halftime. I didn't even have to go to the Hawks locker room and I worked at a Georgia tv station lol!
  • nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    Shouldve drafted CP3 Instead of Marvin Williams
  • skpjr78
    edited September 2014
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    In the past two years, we have created a section of rowdy college students that has been a big plus.

lmao. ok.

Yeah im sure he wasnt including the students at clark morehouse or spelman in that statement
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lmao. ok.

Active crowd: Good
    Boring crowd: Bad

You missed the entire point of the email.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Igot5onit wrote: »
    ? it, hopefully new owners buy a player worth watching

We been trying to do that for the longest, Superstar players like living in Atlanta but not playing in Atlanta.

They ain't bout to play for us now...
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Atlanta's GM make bad decision

They didn't sign back Jamal Crawford then they gave Joe Johnson that big contract.
    I remember seeing some upset fans at a game right after Joe signed that contract. They were piiiiised off and black and white. Nobody will care about black folks at a game if you put a championship team on the floor. I would bet money that if Atlanta somehow got Lebron. James all that ? he spewed would be thrown to the side.

mannnnnn if the Hawks would've got Lebron then tickets & revenue would've shot thru the roof.

They think Atlanta's traffic is bad, if Lebron would've went there then they would've been selling out & Phillips area would've been jammed with traffic

• skpjr78
    Options
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    i really dont see whats so bad about the email.
    there are a lot of truths spoken, which appear to be based on observations not assumptions.
    the atmosphere at Hawks games is something i've known about for at least 10 years
    because i follow the nba.

observations based on race does not equal racism
    so i concur that its gotta be a ploy to sell the team for a profit,
    or he was about to be exposed so he got out ahead of it

Of course it's about race. This is the IC. It's ALWAYS about race...lol.

But seriously....I agree that something is definitely up. People, especially wealthy people, are not known to voluntarily expose themselves in a manner that would adversely affect their business. Dude is a business man. I can't help but think that this is a business move. I think dude knew it would only be a matter of time before that email was exposed and his newfound "morality/transparency" is nothing more than a ploy to try and capitalize off of an impending exposure. If you're already going to take an L, might as well "minimize the L" right? However, that doesn't negate any truths about what he said or exonerate him or anyone else for their racist mentality (closet or overt).
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »

lmao. ok.

shut the ? up.

no offense.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The crowds were good in those years when Atl took the Celtics to 7 games in the playoffs. Management just didn't capitalize on any of that success. They lost people instead of gaining them. They have role players calling themselves the stars of this team and that just ain't enough to make people care about the team.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boy ... It's a lot of ? ? in here ...
  • FlightKing
    Options

lmao. ok.

shut the ? up.

no offense.

Good internet reply. No ? given.
  • skpjr78
    Options
    the hawks haven't finished higher than 18th in attendance since 2001. dude didnt buy the team until 2003. the attendance sucked then. the hawks have won 47 games or more only twice since 1998. I guess their mediocre record, lack of exciting teams/players and ? poor management had nothing to do with it. he just did what comes naturally to white folks blame black ppl
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    I think once they get themselves a franchise player (if they ever get one) then attendance won't be a problem anymore. They always had a solid team with role players but they never had that consistent go to player (like a Bron, Durant, Melo) they could build around.

• skpjr78
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I think once they get themselves a franchise player (if they ever get one) then attendance won't be a problem anymore. They always had a solid team with role players but they never had that consistent go to player (like a Bron, Durant, Melo) they could build around.

they had a franchise player. a hof player who played at uga and they ran him out of town. trading Dominique was the worst thing the hawks could've ever done. keep in mind these were the days before free agency and guys going from team to team. trading 'nique was like the spurs trading duncan, the mavs trading dirk, the cowboys trading staubach, the bears trading peyton, the dolphins trading marino, the lakers trading magic, the celtics trading bird, the steelers trading mean joe greene, you get the pic. and its really worse than that b/c if the lakers decided to trade kobe today they still have legendary lakers to hang their hat on. dominique wilkins was the atlanta hawks. the hawks traded the greatest basketball player the state of ga. has ever seen w/no regard to him as a player, his place in history, the playoffs that year, the franchise going forward or the fans. the hawks were in 1st place the day they traded 'nique and I don't think they've sniffed 1st place since. they lost me as a fan for life in '94 and judging by the teams attendance im not the only one who feels that way. the only exciting player the hawks had after 'nique was josh smith and they ran him out of town to. but mgmt. had nothing to do with that. 'nique was traded and josh smith was run out of town b/c too many black ppl were at the game. ? bruce levensen and the hawks
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    come back a day later and ? are cool with the ? he spewed?

after the 2nd page and reading youtube video comments ? are getting soft out here

ole" I dont have a problem with it" ?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    come back a day later and ? are cool with the ? he spewed?

after the 2nd page and reading youtube video comments ? are getting soft out here

ole" I dont have a problem with it" ?
    Its like that for a majority of blacks....saw this on yahoo and read the comment section actually had blacks defending this guy.
  • FlightKing
    Options
    Bruce Leverson: "These ? ain't breaking bread and they scaring the money away!"

Argue against that, don't use your feelings.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruce Leverson: "These ? ain't breaking bread and they scaring the money away!"

Argue against that, don't use your feelings.

He then said black people hadnt dont anything to scare whites away other than being black and showing up after they bought their tickets with their hard earned money to line his pockets

and as far as the "these ? aint buyin ? " argument ? love jerseys and sports merchandise hell ? even wear hockey jerseys and ive seen ? wear soccer jerseys knowing they dont watch either sport...? will break bread on jerseys, electronics and jordans
    ? spend lots of money all the time. whites argue that black people spend money on frivolous ? too much so now after almost 2 straight decades of his team failing ? dont spend enough money on frivolous ? ?

"black people dont enthusiastic loud enough"
    ? are being used to scapegoat his failure as an owner and you ? are cool with it

hes blaming black people for showing up too much
    and you ? are cool with it

"but their hasnt been any incidents since ive been here"
    then he admits black people have done no wrong when they spend thier hard earned money to line his pockets

then theres this gem from hawks GM Danny Ferry in a conversation with him about Luol Deng
    "is still a young guy overall. He is a good guy overall. But he is not perfect. He's got some African in him."

I guess their both keeping it real
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should have a strip club with the finest strippers and have 2 for 1 lapdance specials if the a Hawks score over a 100 points, watch the tricks fill that place up.

They could market towards the ? , have a pride night like the WNBA did, have Macklemore preform at halftime.
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    I was about to go to some ? ass Hawks game this year too, just because the seats are cheap

Oh well that racists ain't getting a piece of pocket lint out of me