Hawks Co-Owner "black crowd scared away whites"

Options

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    he pointing his finger at the blacks that show up to watch and abysmal team and spend their hard earned money

I know, but I personally believe this a calculated move for more money based on the controversy of his statements as others have said already. I think he would like to sell the team and pull a profit larger than what he's getting now. Or maybe more whites do show up due to white guilt or white supremacy, it seems a win-win to be honest.

I agree 100% I said this on page one

but the inability of blacks to see how this is about race based on the arguments made is disappointing and mind boggling
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    Bruce Leverson: "These ? ain't breaking bread and they scaring the money away!"

Argue against that, don't use your feelings.

He then said black people hadnt dont anything to scare whites away other than being black and showing up after they bought their tickets with their hard earned money to line his pockets

and as far as the "these ? aint buyin ? " argument ? love jerseys and sports merchandise hell ? even wear hockey jerseys and ive seen ? wear soccer jerseys knowing they dont watch either sport...? will break bread on jerseys, electronics and jordans
    ? spend lots of money all the time. whites argue that black people spend money on frivolous ? too much so now after almost 2 straight decades of his team failing ? dont spend enough money on frivolous ? ?

"black people dont enthusiastic loud enough"
    ? are being used to scapegoat his failure as an owner and you ? are cool with it

hes blaming black people for showing up too much
    and you ? are cool with it

"but their hasnt been any incidents since ive been here"
    then he admits black people have done no wrong when they spend thier hard earned money to line his pockets

then theres this gem from hawks GM Danny Ferry in a conversation with him about Luol Deng
    "is still a young guy overall. He is a good guy overall. But he is not perfect. He's got some African in him."

I guess their both keeping it real

A lot of ? DO scare white people away. That's a fact. White people are scared of a large number of black people outnumbering them somewhere. They don't like what could happen. It's not cool but it's true.

? ain't buying season tickets/packages and merchandise that really moves the needles. He's talking about ? that affects the team's bottomline. ? get jerseys for fashion and even more so, that's out of style with ? . White people get more jerseys to support the team, ? get jerseys to support fashion. I don't see too many of us with foam hands and ? either. That's the "frivilous ? " he was talking about when he said "Look around the league (ie, this is business).

He went to the games and observed that ? don't jump and get loud a lot. Oh ? well. I was one of these ? several times. That's his opinion.

He didn't blame ? for showing up, he wants more white people to show up. He also said the stands weren't full so it would be good to have both.

Yeah, the incidents thing was because he said white people are scared of blacks but he said this to say that they're scared of nothing cause the ? don't do anything to make somebody scared of them and it's unwarranted BUT THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.

Feelings. There's unnecessary race card pulling going on just because a white man said something like this. He's speaking from a perspective of business and this is the way the overall perception goes. White people put more money into the business as a fan base and he wants more. He never said he wants less black people or that they're bad for business but that they haven't provided the enthusiasm and money that he wants/sees around the league.

? are the main demographic for rap music but who buys the most records and concert tickets? There's uncomfortable facts there too.

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

people will buy season tickets if a team is successful
    it doesnt matter why black people by jersey sales if they bought they get bought period

the best team atlanta had in the last 25 years couldnt get past the second round

the team is not good and hes blaming the bottom line on blacks showing up instead of the results of what his team did on the court thats the bottom line

blame the blacks....its as old as america itself
    pralims wrote: »
    im surprised yall still making this about race..

its about a sale and profit

"is still a young guy overall. He is a good guy overall. But he is not perfect. He's got some African in him."
    yeah this is all about profit

So, you skipping the main theme that he wants more white people in the stands instead of overwhelmingly black? Why would anybody want an all white or all black crowd?

NO thats the point
    everyone wants a huge diverse crowd....but you know how the others try to achieve that goal? the answer is by building a championship team. In sports there is a undeniable correlation between team success and ticket/merchandise sales. Trust me whites will come to see a star player/championship squad..everyone knows this even him

but he said "nah its ? fault"

no its your failure as a franchise

explain to me the comment about Luol Deng and The kiss cam being too black and not enough father and sons at games?
    dont ignore these comments

Okay, let me extend you something. I do think the franchise is trash and is ran like trash. The look of the team sucks, the arena is boring and unenergetic. I think the management sucks. I don't think the team sucks though - they do have quality players. Horford gets hurt too much, Joe Johnson was soft in ATL, Josh Smith is a headache, etc, etc. But THIS ISSUE, is about the fact that a white man says that white people are scared off because of the majority black crowd for a black dominated sport and he wants more white fans because general consensus at his level is that whites spend more money on what OWNERSHIP values. That was an internal email. I don't give a ? about that. He didn't come across as racist, just brutally honest about his opinion.

But I don't give the Hawks ownership or front office a pass but it has no bearing on his topic. I would want more white people there too, for a diverse crowd.

The Kiss Cam comment was wild. He was saying that because they don't find white people for it, just all black people, which speaks to the fact that not a lot of whites come. I have no problem with the fathers/sons topic - we have a single parent issue in the black community.

Danny Ferry's Luol Deng comment was stupid and racist...silly racist. "He's African, and I don't mean that in a bad way." That's a racist compliment, lol. Fire him and laugh at him while he leaves.
  • FlightKing
    Options

He then said black people hadnt dont anything to scare whites away other than being black and showing up after they bought their tickets with their hard earned money to line his pockets

and as far as the "these ? aint buyin ? " argument ? love jerseys and sports merchandise hell ? even wear hockey jerseys and ive seen ? wear soccer jerseys knowing they dont watch either sport...? will break bread on jerseys, electronics and jordans
    ? spend lots of money all the time. whites argue that black people spend money on frivolous ? too much so now after almost 2 straight decades of his team failing ? dont spend enough money on frivolous ? ?

? are being used to scapegoat his failure as an owner and you ? are cool with it

then he admits black people have done no wrong when they spend thier hard earned money to line his pockets

then theres this gem from hawks GM Danny Ferry in a conversation with him about Luol Deng

A lot of ? DO scare white people away. That's a fact. White people are scared of a large number of black people outnumbering them somewhere. They don't like what could happen. It's not cool but it's true.

? ain't buying season tickets/packages and merchandise that really moves the needles. He's talking about ? that affects the team's bottomline. ? get jerseys for fashion and even more so, that's out of style with ? . White people get more jerseys to support the team, ? get jerseys to support fashion. I don't see too many of us with foam hands and ? either. That's the "frivilous ? " he was talking about when he said "Look around the league (ie, this is business).

He went to the games and observed that ? don't jump and get loud a lot. Oh ? well. I was one of these ? several times. That's his opinion.

He didn't blame ? for showing up, he wants more white people to show up. He also said the stands weren't full so it would be good to have both.

Yeah, the incidents thing was because he said white people are scared of blacks but he said this to say that they're scared of nothing cause the ? don't do anything to make somebody scared of them and it's unwarranted BUT THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.

Feelings. There's unnecessary race card pulling going on just because a white man said something like this. He's speaking from a perspective of business and this is the way the overall perception goes. White people put more money into the business as a fan base and he wants more. He never said he wants less black people or that they're bad for business but that they haven't provided the enthusiasm and money that he wants/sees around the league.

? are the main demographic for rap music but who buys the most records and concert tickets? There's uncomfortable facts there too.

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

it doesnt matter why black people by jersey sales if they bought they get bought period

the best team atlanta had in the last 25 years couldnt get past the second round

the team is not good and hes blaming the bottom line on blacks showing up instead of the results of what his team did on the court thats the bottom line

So, you skipping the main theme that he wants more white people in the stands instead of overwhelmingly black? Why would anybody want an all white or all black crowd?

Because he and other believe that whites will spend more money on merchandise and bring larger profit and as for why people would want an all white crowd is because they would like people who look like them in attendance and around them; it's why job discrimination practices are still in place, for example "is still a young guy overall. He is a good guy overall. But he is not perfect. He's got some African in him." And yet we still have folks seemingly like you who like to apologize for white supremacy.

Thanks. Now shut the ? up talking to me. That's what he believes, so be it.

I apologize for white supremacy cause I'm not emotional about an email? Okay.
  • Copper
    Options

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

NO thats the point
    everyone wants a huge diverse crowd....but you know how the others try to achieve that goal? the answer is by building a championship team. In sports there is a undeniable correlation between team success and ticket/merchandise sales. Trust me whites will come to see a star player/championship squad..everyone knows this even him

explain to me the comment about Luol Deng and The kiss cam being too black and not enough father and sons at games?

Okay, let me extend you something. I do think the franchise is trash and is ran like trash. The look of the team sucks, the arena is boring and unenergetic. I think the management sucks. I don't think the team sucks though - they do have quality players. Horford gets hurt too much, Joe Johnson was soft in ATL, Josh Smith is a headache, etc, etc. But THIS ISSUE, is about the fact that a white man says that white people are scared off because of the majority black crowd for a black dominated sport and he wants more white fans because general consensus at his level is that whites spend more money on what OWNERSHIP values. That was an internal email. I don't give a ? about that. He didn't come across as racist, just brutally honest about his opinion.

But I don't give the Hawks ownership or front office a pass but it has no bearing on his topic. I would want more white people there too, for a diverse crowd.

The Kiss Cam comment was wild. He was saying that because they don't find white people for it, just all black people, which speaks to the fact that not a lot of whites come. I have no problem with the fathers/sons topic - we have a single parent issue in the black community.

Danny Ferry's Luol Deng comment was stupid and racist...silly racist. "He's African, and I don't mean that in a bad way." That's a racist compliment, lol. Fire him and laugh at him while he leaves.

you clearly dont watch hawks games beacuse 2 of the 3 players you named havent been in ATL in years

when your trying to increase tickets sales to a diverse crowd as an owner...you look at the success of the team. not whats wrong with the people thats already showing up and speculating its about race

and alot of black fathers and sons show up to games..that comment was unnecessary and racist

bottom line Danny Ferry and this owner are horrible at their jobs and blacks are being used as a scapegoat
  • Masterfultech
    Masterfultech Members Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That by very definition is actually racist because he believes whites are better for business than blacks. So I don't know why you continue to apologize/excuse for something he himself admits was racist.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Because he and other believe that whites will spend more money on merchandise and bring larger profit and as for why people would want an all white crowd is because they would like people who look like them in attendance and around them; it's why job discrimination practices are still in place, for example "is still a young guy overall. He is a good guy overall. But he is not perfect. He's got some African in him." And yet we still have folks seemingly like you who like to apologize for white supremacy.

lol at the ? trying to uncoon himself. get a rope find a tree and lynch yourself
  • Copper
    Options
    Danny Ferry been a punk ass ?
    1533983_o.gif

Camby2001.gif
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Danny Ferry been a punk ass ?
    1533983_o.gif

Camby2001.gif

look how that coward ass racist ball up when the GOAT was about to punch him
  • skpjr78
    Options
    the nba will force him to sell but he shouldn't be allowed to make a profit off damaging the league. the league should take it over like they did the hornets and sell it then. this ? shouldn't be allowed to make money off racism
  • FlightKing
    Options

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

NO thats the point

you clearly dont watch hawks games beacuse 2 of the 3 players you named havent been in ATL in years

when your trying to increase tickets sales to a diverse crowd as an owner...you look at the success of the team. not whats wrong with the people thats already showing up and speculating its about race

and alot of black fathers and sons show up to games..that comment was unnecessary and racist

bottom line Danny Ferry and this owner are horrible at their jobs and blacks are being used as a scapegoat

I clearly do but I was talking about the efforts to make a good team over the years. Carroll, Mike Scott, Teague, Horford, etc. That's a moot point that doesn't matter.

The team is more successful than other teams with worse records. Miami had notoriously bad crowd support during LeBron's tenure. Knicks fans still show up, Celtics fans still show up, Lakers fans, etc. Hawks have an issue that the Braves and Falcons don't.
  • Copper
    edited September 2014
    Options
    the teams you just named has either all had success in the last decade and/or have a franchise player and all of them are in a huge city with basketball history and a strong fan base. Miami is alot of transplants from other cities/countries

"blacks dont spend money" is a lie and a tactic racist have used for a long time as an excuse to discriminate and short change blacks or just blatantly ignore them

"blacks dont spend money" is racist for "we dont want them around here

and its a lie that Ive seen alot of money and blacks buy into
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We spend more money than in other race in the country
  • Copper
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    We spend more money than in other race in the country

on average we do

percentage wise whites do

he should be grateful anyone still pays to see the hawks

I remember the entire arena chanting MVP for kobe a few years ago and the ATL players got mad
  • Masterfultech
    Masterfultech Members Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Oh ? my apologies did I say anything prior to sound emotional at all, and even more so to warrant an attack by an avi who can't use anything but opinion and you apologize for white supremacy because you're an emotional tap dancer. Furthermore I don't have to stop posting because we're on a public forum discussing a social issue. lastly here's an ad hominem of my own find a ? miss and kys cuckold.
  • skpjr78
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The team is more successful than other teams with worse records. Miami had notoriously bad crowd support during LeBron's tenure. Knicks fans still show up, Celtics fans still show up, Lakers fans, etc. Hawks have an issue that the Braves and Falcons don't.

? are talking about ? . for years the falcons were the ONLY team in the nfl that had MAJORITY BLACK SEASON TICKET HOLDERS!!! and I would know b/c me and my dad were season ticket holders for years. section 127 in the southern corner of the eastern endzone. we paid over $1700/year for those seats you ? idiot. you don't have a ? clue as to what ur talking about. the hawks issue is that they ? suck. they got rid of all of the good players and they have a ? boring subpar product on the floor. I don't know many ppl who are willing to give their hard earned money for a ? boring substandard product but according to you and ur uncle tom ass way of thinking the reasons the hawks don't draw is b/c of black ppl who were decent enough to spend their hard earned money on that ? team. and by the way ? the heat never finished lower than 5th in attendance during the LeBron years. how is that notoriously bad crowd support???? ? idiot

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2011

listen steven its after dark you don't know have your freedom papers and ? wants yo ass back at candy land. you don't know what the ? you talking about so do us all a favor and keep ur uncle tom ass mouth closed. this is why ? wouldn't let negros like you read. its easier to control a slave if they don't know how to read and gather facts. lynch urself ?

• FlightKing
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »

? are talking about ? . for years the falcons were the ONLY team in the nfl that had MAJORITY BLACK SEASON TICKET HOLDERS!!! and I would know b/c me and my dad were season ticket holders for years. section 127 in the southern corner of the eastern endzone. we paid over $1700/year for those seats you ? idiot. you don't have a ? clue as to what ur talking about. the hawks issue is that they ? suck. they got rid of all of the good players and they have a ? boring subpar product on the floor. I don't know many ppl who are willing to give their hard earned money for a ? boring substandard product but according to you and ur uncle tom ass way of thinking the reasons the hawks don't draw is b/c of black ppl who were decent enough to spend their hard earned money on that ? team. and by the way ? the heat never finished lower than 5th in attendance during the LeBron years. how is that notoriously bad crowd support???? ? idiot

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2011

listen steven its after dark you don't know have your freedom papers and ? wants yo ass back at candy land. you don't know what the ? you talking about so do us all a favor and keep ur uncle tom ass mouth closed. this is why ? wouldn't let negros like you read. its easier to control a slave if they don't know how to read and gather facts. lynch urself ?

You and your dad are females.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything is racist nowadays
  • skpjr78
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Everything is racist nowadays

Riiight but telling black paying customers they are whats wrong w/the team definitely isnt
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's White People In Atlanta?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ferry suspended...Man i've known from the look on his face, since he played waaaay back in the 90's, that he was funny style. He's probably the reason i started hating Duke. I KNEW he had that in him. Not suprised at all
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • skpjr78
    Options
    ? suspended that bastard should be fired. And if anybody on that weak ass squad has any ? none of them will suit up until his punk ass is gone
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atlanta Hawks Roster

TEAM ROSTER
    NO. NAME POS AGE HT WT COLLEGE 2014-2015 SALARY
    6 Pero Antic C 32 6-11 260 $1,250,000
    14 Gustavo Ayon PF 29 6-10 250
    6 Kent Bazemore SG 25 6-5 201 Old Dominion
    42 Elton Brand PF 35 6-9 254 Duke
    5 DeMarre Carroll SF 28 6-8 212 Missouri $2,442,455
    15 Al Horford C 28 6-10 250 Florida $12,000,000
    12 John Jenkins SG 23 6-4 215 Vanderbilt $1,312,920
    26 Kyle Korver SG 33 6-7 212 Creighton $6,253,521
    8 Shelvin Mack PG 24 6-3 207 Butler $2,433,333
    4 Paul Millsap PF 29 6-8 253 Louisiana Tech $9,500,000
    31 Mike Muscala C 23 6-11 239 Bucknell $816,482
    5 Adreian Payne PF 23 6-10 245 Michigan State $1,855,320
    17 Dennis Schroder PG 20 6-1 168 $1,690,680
    32 Mike Scott PF 26 6-8 237 Virginia $3,333,333
    -- Thabo Sefolosha SG 30 6-7 222 $4,150,000
    0 Jeff Teague PG 26 6-2 181 Wake Forest $8,000,000
    Coach: Mike Budenholzer

^The current Hawks roster it's not black folks fault. How the ? do you expect for people to care with this roster?
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    control the elements you can control.

Even a rabid fanbase like Boston had trouble selling tickets last season (14th in the league) because they fielded a ? product.