Options

Comments

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    People really think Goodell deserves to lose his job b/c he gave Ray Rice 2 games instead of 6? As if he's the one that actually committed domestic abuse? He really deserves to have his career/livelihood taken away from him over one player?

Lmaooo this is laughable

You have no problem with Rice not being able to play again but not the commissioner who had all the details whether he admits it or not and made a decision but has been contradicting it ever since and re punished a guy for the same act he had already been punished for

First, you haven't seen me say once that Rice should never be able to play again. Y'all some presumptuous ? as of late.

Second, no the commissioner shouldn't have an equal/worse punishment than the person who actually decked a chick.

He deserves to be held accountable for going light on him but folks are acting like he just gave Rice a fine. People calling for his job because he gave a two game suspension instead of a six game suspension... Regardless of the details about his knowledge of the video it boils down to people wanting him to lose his job over a four game difference.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stayed because I was mentally weak as ? . I left because after all those ass whoopins I couldn't take the ? no more.

#beforreal
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stayed because I was mentally weak as ? . I left because after all those ass whoopins I couldn't take the ? no more.

#beforreal
    Trillfate wrote: »
    That's what this kinda looks like tho.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

? 's hilarious and sad because these women don't even realize that.....regardless of what their reasons for staying or leaving were.....they're still acknowledging that they had a choice in the matter either way.

All they're really doing is admitting that they either made good decisions or bad decisions.

Bottom line, it was still their decision to stay or leave.

Don't really understand what point they're trying to make.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I met an actor who went on a date with a woman he was interested in. Told me "she looked bored and kept asking me what my job was and income, and during the movie she walked out and never called me again".

He said after he made a few films and some time had passed, he saw her again, She was a speaking at some Ladies empowerment gala or something. She was telling the crowd how She never met a good man in her whole life, and she would give her right arm to meet a man who would love her and treat her right. Said she was in a abusive relationship for 4 months because she was a victim and the guy abusing her was the nicest guy she ever met.

Dude told me after she spoke, he sat in the back walked up to her and said "Really, really? did you really just spew that horse ? lie to these women?" lol!!!!!
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    People really think Goodell deserves to lose his job b/c he gave Ray Rice 2 games instead of 6? As if he's the one that actually committed domestic abuse? He really deserves to have his career/livelihood taken away from him over one player?
    does ray rice deserve to have his career ? because he told what happened... got a punishment but cuz the public didn't like it get a harsher one cuz his boss dropped he ball and wanna save face?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

? 's hilarious and sad because these women don't even realize that.....regardless of what their reasons for staying or leaving were.....they're still acknowledging that they had a choice in the matter either way.

All they're really doing is admitting that they either made good decisions or bad decisions.

Hilarious? Why? How old are you really? Lol

The point is support

Sure these stories are inspiring to the women who are in abusive relationships and don't yet have the strength to leave

Leaving is not always so simple a choice especially when u have children and have no means to take care of ur children

Friend of mine i grew up with ending up living out a car for a while when her mom left her dad who was abusive

Plus a lot of domestic violent victims arent thinking straight anyways
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The point is support

Sure these stories are inspiring to the women who are in abusive relationships and don't yet have the strength to leave

Leaving is not always so simple a choice especially when u have children and have no means to take care of ur children

Friend of mine i grew up with ending up living out a car for a while when her mom left her dad who was abusive

... ? his wife is staying by him and honestly this ? is prolly bringing them closer then farther apart... her Instagram and phone convo with that espn reporter shows she ain't weak minded... like I said before ray ain't getting punished for the ? he did to his wife... he getting punished for all the chicks who getting beat and don't wanna leave they ? . .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »

#beforreal

hoe staying bc the money as soon as that ? go bankrupt shell be on oprah talmbout how hard it was to leave him and how much hell he put her thru
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

The point is support

... ? his wife is staying by him and honestly this ? is prolly bringing them closer then farther apart... her Instagram and phone convo with that espn reporter shows she ain't weak minded... like I said before ray ain't getting punished for the ? he did to his wife... he getting punished for all the chicks who getting beat and don't wanna leave they ? . .

There is some truth to this.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 hashtags are trending on twitter

this tweet is 4 hours old, and the numbers are telling

lol Can you imagine if dudes participated in ? like this? It would be a bunch of posts like:

#WhyIStayed The ? was good. #WhyILeft Her sister's was better.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    Parallel wrote: »
    We get it Darc, you're cool with beating women. No need for the name calling friend.

Im cool with beating ANYBODY if they put their hands on you first. YOU brought up the "women" ? as if it's something special.

And where exactly did I name call?

Sad and "A bunch of ? turds"

@parallel so you've never laughed at or been entertained by Fighting Videos? U never made a Solonge vs. JayZ joke or laughed at one?

Enough with the pretentious tone. An honest conversation would likely reveal everybody in this thread whining on behalf of this broad as hypocrites. For some idiotic reason hypocrisy seems to be perfectly OK so long as its on behalf of a female.
    You're starting to sound like the white people that justify the use of excessive force against black males by the police.

"well he stole cigars"..."well she slapped his neck"
    That burn slow

Lavar Arrington voice'

Get em!

Just being honest. The ? sounds the exact same.

"well he stole cigars"..."well she slapped him"..."look whites get killed by cops too"..."look women hit men as well"

Since you've decided you'd rather speak in here than the CS Darc...I would like to hear your rebuttal to this.

@Parallel‌ I'm never in the Cheapseats. My teams are the Lakers & the Chargers. I dont have ? to say about tthem right now smh :(

Also, I have made it clear that I dont agree with hitting a female just for her ? talking. If a female steals from me Im not going to hit her. HOWEVER, if a female attacks me I can not guarantee her safety. HUGE difference.

I also said what I said about Ray Rice's wife before I saw the video. I was under the impression she slapped him. Then @obnoxious‌lyfresh pointed out that she slapped him because he SPIT on her. Thats when I turned on him.

There a difference between me saying he is wrong. And me CARING that he's wrong. My lack of empathy is a direct result of the hypocrisy being shown in this situation and others like it. the fact that people LAUGHED at JAYZ and "victim blamed" but arent laughing at this ? is all the proof I need.

Actually she did slap him before they got on the elevator. The media is not playin the whole vid. Right before they walked up to the elevator, she "pops" him in his face.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    i gotta kinda co sign vulcan raven. if i hit my woman and a video came out my job aint gone fire me. hell me and my co workers would probably laugh at this on some ole menace to society ?

Oh...well if I get an a&b I will be fired. Reason enough for me to keep my hands to myself at all times. I can't imagine putting millions of dollars in jeopardy.

if i get an a&b i wont get fired so your point is?

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    this ratchet ? has got me dyin

like a ? gone lay in the casket with you if you die first. ? please

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I lost touch in this discussion. Did she say she spit on Ray Rice first?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That silly ass ? . Man twitter is the devil lol Mfers try too hard to be clever. Tryin to get 'discovered' aka RT'd

#whyIstayed He was the air i breathed. #whyIleft I couldnt breath. Stop this.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    How the ? is this man supposed to feed his family? This is not helping domestic violence. This is actually showing you how the pale faces destroy the fabric of the black family. No CFL no NFL no endorsements. Damn Yall creating and training him to be a ? to sit around doing nothing like Yall do other black men. This not punishment. Taking away his livelihood is promoting generational poverty which is the gate way to most problems in black community right now. I'm sure ray got a mama he promised the world to. I know he got some home boys he look out for. He is married with a kid. If you are the leader/bread winner for your immediate family like I am you know anytime a big shift in money would create enough stress to induce a heart attack. All this ? know is football his whole life. They taking his ability to create from his own two hands to provide for his fam. That's all a man has at the end of the day. You ? with no kind of daily obligations or major responsibility cant dig this If this was some white man he would be hollering about all his amendments being violated and the public would be outraged. He need help too. He need a friend right now. ? all that a real man don't hit women ? . No a real man don't throw stones and a real man is not going to kick a man while he's down.

Rice made $25 million in the last 2 years and that's just his nfl money, he is far from being in poverty.

Not necessarily.

Ever seen ESPN Broke 30 for 30?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt3HnpJzKAw

My point is that he nor his family will be missing any meals any time soon. He will not be living in poverty tomorrow.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So tell me why they putting the Ray Rice security footage on the front of sports illustrated.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The point is support

Ray rice is being punished because he knocked his wife unconscious

had he taken a different course of action victims of domestic abuse would have nothing to rally around

Had roger goddell been consistent the media would have nothing to report

And like i said yesterday its become bigger than just about what ray rice did and what the nfl chose not to do

• deadeye
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I met an actor who went on a date with a woman he was interested in. Told me "she looked bored and kept asking me what my job was and income, and during the movie she walked out and never called me again".

He said after he made a few films and some time had passed, he saw her again, She was a speaking at some Ladies empowerment gala or something. She was telling the crowd how She never met a good man in her whole life, and she would give her right arm to meet a man who would love her and treat her right. Said she was in a abusive relationship for 4 months because she was a victim and the guy abusing her was the nicest guy she ever met.

Dude told me after she spoke, he sat in the back walked up to her and said "Really, really? did you really just spew that horse ? lie to these women?" lol!!!!!

bpvTJfJ.jpg
  • deadeye
    Options

@desertrain10‌

Not just hilarious......hilarious and sad.

I think it's hilarious because they're refusing to take any responsibility for their poor decisions.

Sad because all they're doing is making excuses and don't even realize that's what they're doing.
  • Westie
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

#beforreal

hoe staying bc the money as soon as that ? go bankrupt shell be on oprah talmbout how hard it was to leave him and how much hell he put her thru

She was with him before the money though. She's just dumb.
  • Westie
    Options
    i gotta kinda co sign vulcan raven. if i hit my woman and a video came out my job aint gone fire me. hell me and my co workers would probably laugh at this on some ole menace to society ?

Oh...well if I get an a&b I will be fired. Reason enough for me to keep my hands to myself at all times. I can't imagine putting millions of dollars in jeopardy.

if i get an a&b i wont get fired so your point is?

That you must work at a place with low expectations. Good for you love. :)
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't read all this ? , on page 22...

But dude can come back...his chick riding for him will help.

? biting other ? at the World Cup and still coming back...third offence.

There has to be some public show of punishment.. But if he good at his job, he'll be back.

However, he should have known better...and there should be "yes men" in his life that constantly tell him this ? .
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn this ? can't even go home and pretend to play football...EA pouring salt on this ? wounds lmao

Lmao...