So, uhh.. was 9/11 an inside job or nah?

Options
Trillfate
Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
9-11-o.gif
Bushreadingthepetgoat.jpg
14176091.jpg

So, uhh.. was 9/11 an inside job or nah? 135 votes

Yup, our gov'ment did it
45%
northside7kingofkingzdwade206vitorialeftcoastkev  Colin$mackabi$hCracceRJusDre313GhostdenithegawdLcnsdbyROYALTYhueythagreat45Trill Gate$vageneral08Dirty SanchezIceBergTaylorillestni99ainneBiblicalAtheist So ILLKoltrain 62 votes
Nope, it was bin laden/taliban/terrorists
12%
janklowA.J. TrillzynskidontdiedontkillanyonS2Jgucci7383riddleraptompetrez3Swiffness!lamontbdcLPastBewaregeronimo220YC11SuperSoakersaracenwiremanofmorehouseSolemnSauce 17 votes
Maybe our gov knew about it but they didnt orchestrate it
28%
mrrealoneinfamous114soul rattlerjonoBroddienex ginachewon87qawshunvagrant-718700kingblaze84cobblandunspoken_respectVIBETheEyeronic1Idiopathic JokerMister B.JokerzWyldL3NUKairo 38 votes
Why u bringing up old ? ?
13%
2stepz_aheadCutler 26 INT's LOL!CapitalBReppinTimeIbexOff&OnAlready Home_17Bussy_Getta OmegaConflictBilly_PonchoTheRicanKingRiGGApurpngoldLUClENAZTGTonyDubbzREV_RAGEgoldjordan 18 votes

Comments

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I strongly believe that Bush was aware of what would happen at the time he was conveniently sitting in that class room full of kids.

Agenda: To create fear amoungst American people in order to gain backing to go to war in the Middle East under the guise of searching for Binny and WMDs.

Motive: Money, whether it be oil, or military suppliers.

• A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nope. I don't believe any of that conspiracy ? and if I ever had any doubts then for every single case or piece of 'evidence' that it was an inside job that can be presented there are at least 10x more legit sources and explanations to debunk that ? .
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited September 2014
    Options
    First off, clearly since you want me to address such basic questions then you're unwilling to take a minute to research it yourself and would rather give into a lazy confirmation bias. let me ask you, is there anything at all I could link to or write that would convince you otherwise? because I highly doubt it.. dudes like you, the explanations are out there but your mind is made up no matter what anybody will tell you. Nevermind you can just google the ? yourself and you will find numerous ways these are debunked.

1. http://www.911myths.com/index.php/Bush-bin_Laden_family_links

2. Yes this is controversial. if CIA funds flowed into the Afghan Mujahideen during the war with the Soviets in the 80's, what does that prove about 9/11 though? anyway, here's the bigger picture about how it actually was in case you're willing to actually read all this detailed ? :
    U.S. government officials and a number of other parties maintain that the U.S. supported only the indigenous Afghan mujahideen. They deny that the CIA or other American officials had contact with the Afghan Arabs (foreign mujahideen) or Bin Laden, let alone armed, trained, coached or indoctrinated them. Scholars and reporters have called the idea of CIA-backed Afghan Arabs (foreign mujahideen) "nonsense", "sheer fantasy", and "simply a folk myth."

They argue that:

with a quarter of a million local Afghans willing to fight there was no need to recruit foreigners unfamiliar with the local language, customs or lay of the land

with several hundred million dollars a year in funding from non-American, Muslim sources, Arab Afghans themselves would have no need for American funds

Americans could not train mujahideen because Pakistani officials would not allow more than a handful of U.S. agents to operate in Pakistan and none in Afghanistan;

the Afghan Arabs were militant Islamists, reflexively hostile to Westerners, and prone to threaten or attack Westerners even though they knew the Westerners were helping the mujahideen.

Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri says much the same thing in his book Knights Under the Prophet's Banner.

Bin Laden himself once said "the collapse of the Soviet Union ... goes to ? and the mujahideen in Afghanistan ... the US had no mentionable role," but "collapse made the US more haughty and arrogant."

According to CNN journalist Peter Bergen, known for conducting the first television interview with Osama bin Laden in 1997,

The story about bin Laden and the CIA — that the CIA funded bin Laden or trained bin Laden — is simply a folk myth. There's no evidence of this. In fact, there are very few things that bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri and the U.S. government agree on. They all agree that they didn't have a relationship in the 1980s. And they wouldn't have needed to. Bin Laden had his own money, he was anti-American and he was operating secretly and independently. The real story here is the CIA did not understand who Osama was until 1996, when they set up a unit to really start tracking him.

Bergen quotes Pakistani Brigadier Mohammad Yousaf, who ran the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Afghan operation between 1983 and 1987:

It was always galling to the Americans, and I can understand their point of view, that although they paid the piper they could not call the tune. The CIA supported the mujahideen by spending the taxpayers' money, billions of dollars of it over the years, on buying arms, ammunition, and equipment. It was their secret arms procurement branch that was kept busy. It was, however, a cardinal rule of Pakistan's policy that no Americans ever become involved with the distribution of funds or arms once they arrived in the country. No Americans ever trained or had direct contact with the mujahideen, and no American official ever went inside Afghanistan.

Marc Sageman, a Foreign Service Officer who was based in Islamabad from 1987–1989, and worked closely with Afghanistan's Mujahideen, argues that no American money went to the foreign volunteers.

Sageman also says:

Contemporaneous accounts of the war do not even mention [the Afghan Arabs]. Many were not serious about the war. ... Very few were involved in actual fighting. For most of the war, they were scattered among the Afghan groups associated with the four Afghan fundamentalist parties.

No U.S. official ever came in contact with the foreign volunteers. They simply traveled in different circles and never crossed U.S. radar screens. They had their own sources of money and their own contacts with the Pakistanis, official Saudis, and other Muslim supporters, and they made their own deals with the various Afghan resistance leaders."

Other reasons advanced for a lack of a CIA-Afghan Arab connection of "pivotal importance," (or even any connection at all), was that the Afghan Arabs themselves were not important in the war but were a "curious sideshow to the real fighting."

One estimate of the number of combatants in the war is that 250,000 Afghans fought 125,000 Soviet troops, but only 2000 Arab Afghans fought "at any one time".

According to Milton Bearden the CIA did not recruit Arabs because there were hundreds of thousands of Afghans all too willing to fight. The Arab Afghans were not only superfluous but "disruptive," angering local Afghans with their more-Muslim-than-thou attitude, according to Peter Jouvenal. Veteran Afghan cameraman Peter Jouvenal quotes an Afghan mujahideen as saying "whenever we had a problem with one of them [foreign mujahideen], we just shot them. They thought they were kings."

Many who traveled in Afghanistan, including Olivier Roy and Peter Jouvenal, reported of the Arab Afghans' visceral hostility to Westerners in Afghanistan to aid Afghans or report on their plight. BBC reporter John Simpson tells the story of running into Osama bin Laden in 1989, and with neither knowing who the other was, bin Laden attempting to bribe Simpson's Afghan driver $500 — a large sum in a poor country — to ? the infidel Simpson. When the driver declined, Bin Laden retired to his "camp bed" and wept "in frustration."

According to Steve Coll, author of "Ghost Wars", the primary contact for the CIA and ISI in Afghanistan was Ahmed Shah Massoud a poppy farmer and militia leader known as the "Lion of the Panjeer". During the Afghan Civil War which erupted once the Soviets had left, Massoud's army was routed by the Taliban (who were being helped by Pakistan's ISI) and restricted to the northern region of the country. A loose entente was formed with several other native tribal militias which became known as the Northern Alliance who operated in opposition to the Taliban. On September 10, 2001 a camera crew was granted access to Massoud under the premise they were interviewing him for a documentary about the Mujahadeen. The crew members were actually Al Qaeda operatives who detonated a bomb killing themselves and Massoud. The purpose of the assassination was to eliminate a key ally for the US in anticipation of an invasion in retaliation for the 9/11 attacks which were to take place the following day.

3. http://www.rense.com/general32/phot.htm
    http://www.911myths.com/html/757_wreckage.html

4. http://www.911myths.com/index.php/Personal_Effects_and_the_Crash-Proof_Passport

5. http://www.ussartf.org/world_trade_center_disaster.htm

6. link? never heard of this one and this ? is not even on snopes ? I can't even find a reference for this claim on google. honestly sounds like some ? you're just making up
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/Na600UB-bG0

I miss the bush presidency....so many quotables from him......lots of dumb quotes........? was dumb as ? though...... looking back ....still cant believe he became president twice....
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy ass day I will never forget. I was shook
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

I was a freshman in high school so no ? was given on that day.
  • zerocool
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »

I was a freshman in high school so no ? was given on that day.

I was in school......the teacher stopped lecture and we started watching it on tv.......seeeing the second plane live was shocking
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    CONFLICT wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    RIP to the lives lost.

This is funny because I remember you saying you didnt give a ? because it didn't happen in Atlanta

I wasn't even in Atlanta at the moment u ? carcass. now troll another post in this thread.
  • zerocool
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/Na600UB-bG0

I miss the bush presidency....so many quotables from him......lots of dumb quotes........? was dumb as ? though...... looking back ....still cant believe he became president twice....

Forgot to add..... in this vid..... the kids say "kite must hit steal plane"......... those are code words for plane hitting building
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe our gov knew about it but they didnt orchestrate it
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    nope. I don't believe any of that conspiracy ? and if I ever had any doubts then for every single case or piece of 'evidence' that it was an inside job that can be presented there are at least 10x more legit sources and explanations to debunk that ? .

Ok please debunk the fact that the Bush and bin Laden families have been friends for decades before the attack and that bin Laden had been to the white house either earlier that year or late the previous year.

Please debunk the fact that al queda was and is funded by the CIA

Please debunk the fact that no plane wreckage was found at the Pentagon.

Please debunk the fact that one of the hijackers passports was found in mint condition outside of one of the wtc buildings when almost everything else from both planes was incinerated

Please debunk the fact that a very heavy skyscraper built to withstand very high winds completely falls in on itself twice when only the top 3rd of the buildings were structurally compromised

Please debunk the fact that for the 2 weeks leading up to the attack all night time security and custodial servants were not allowed in the buildings to work their night shifts

Thanks

most of this is false..

but explain how you know these things?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think either of the choices are true. I think the gov had intel on Al Queda and was given info that they were planning some sort of errorist attack involving hijacked airplanes but never did their due diligence for whatever reason. I don't think they actually had specifics about what exactly would happen, the date, etc.

While I don't think the gov did it, I find it laughable that some people still are in total denial about our government doing despicable ? like this, if they needed to. Get with the reality, people.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Debunk or throw out any ? rebuttal you can think of?

-where is other footage from the pentagon crash?

-where is the ? plane from the pentagon crash?

-what the ? was the Bin Laden family doing in America? And why we're they flown out the day of 9/11?

-was the Bin Laden family really in business w/ the Bush family?

-still haven't given a real rebuttal to how the towers fell that quickly. It was 100% accurate with how a controlled demolition looks.

These are only a few things. I can go on for days. If you think it wasn't a inside job, your prolly one of these dumb anti conspiracy ppl who will dismiss every conspiracy because you think it makes you look smart. Everything that's came out points back to the higher levels of the Bush administration