RIP Tupac Amaru Shakur (June 16th 1971-September 13th 1996)

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
It's 18 years to the day that we lost an icon and a legend. Post your favorite Tupac songs. Or give your thoughts on Tupac.

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A GREAT DAY FOR HIP HOP TODAY. WE CAN BUMP TUPAC AND BIGGIE TODAY. RESPECT!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEzgC4AsCKU
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    I Ain't Mad At Cha (my favorite Tupac song)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=d-ELnDPmI8w
  • 5th Letter
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He committed suicide.

He was living reckless and that's what got him killed.

The only thing I wonder is whether he died at his peak or if he had more in him. Judging by other rapper's careers I'm inclined to say PAC died at his peak and probably would have fallen off like most 90s rappers. there's no way in hell that Thug Life persona would have lasted until now. He'd be like DMX or C- Murder.

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Wait, so Tupac got killed on the day Ready to Die came out? Wow.

Edit: i see that was mentioned in the Biggie thread. I really never new this.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48VpzFdUJ8o

I bet the club use to jam pack on the dance floor in the 90s, when this song played
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I can't believe it's been 18 years, crazy. I remember the night of the Tyson fight too. Hearing Pac got shot. That event is the only reason anyone knows the name Bruce Seldon lol
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    He committed suicide.

The only thing I wonder is whether he died at his peak or if he had more in him. Judging by other rapper's careers I'm inclined to say PAC died at his peak and probably would have fallen off like most 90s rappers. there's no way in hell that Thug Life persona would have lasted until now. He'd be like DMX or C- Murder.

So you sayin ? cant adapt and change with the times? lol

I think he would big if he was still alive today, he was good on the movie screen so I think he would of took off in hollywood and eventually focused on acting more than rapping. He'd of probably been at that level of success were everybody knew who he was and talked about his every move.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    He committed suicide.

I think he would big if he was still alive today, he was good on the movie screen so I think he would of took off in hollywood and eventually focused on acting more than rapping. He'd of probably been at that level of success were everybody knew who he was and talked about his every move.

Anything is possible. But he would have had to give up that Thug Life or he would have ended up dead or in jail. Think of all the people he called out on 7 Day Theory. Then think of his rate of getting arrested. he wouldn't have lasted at that pace. something had to give.

Also his movie career would have stagnated because he had beef with so many people. he would have had to squash all of his beefs or he'd become irrelevant like 50 cent (think of what happened to 50 when he dissed everybody, on top for 2 albums then he fizzled out).

When it's all said and done, Tupac was a ? in the game. Jimmy Iovine (Interscope/Death Row) and Clive Davis (Arista/Bad Boy) were the kings of the music industry.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP 2 tha GOAT
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best rapper after Nas
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He committed suicide.

Anything is possible. But he would have had to give up that Thug Life or he would have ended up dead or in jail. Think of all the people he called out on 7 Day Theory. Then think of his rate of getting arrested. he wouldn't have lasted at that pace. something had to give.

Also his movie career would have stagnated because he had beef with so many people. he would have had to squash all of his beefs or he'd become irrelevant like 50 cent (think of what happened to 50 when he dissed everybody, on top for 2 albums then he fizzled out).

When it's all said and done, Tupac was a ? in the game. Jimmy Iovine (Interscope/Death Row) and Clive Davis (Arista/Bad Boy) were the kings of the music industry.

Shut up b
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greatest Hip Hop Artist of All Time
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But for real tho we'll never see another rapper like Pac again maybe see a tiny bit of him in some rappers hes influenced. Pac will always be my favorite artist ever (everyone on the IC should know that by now). Him and Sinatra are the only two artists I listen to heavily and are my biggest influences.

You cant find another rapper who was versatile as Pac was when it came to subject matter he talked about everything from teen pregnancy,politics,poverty,women,money,gangs,party songs. Tupac literally had a song about everything or for everyone anyone can relate to a 2Pac song whether you're rich,poor,white,black and even ugly you could relate to a Pac song. Plus Pac always improved he got better with every album he dropped dudes usually have a classic debut albums but can never surpass them with their next albums but PAC always dropped dope albums and got better from his Debut (2pacalypse) - his last album ( Don Killuminati)

Dude was also a work horse everyone who knew Pac spoke on how hard he would work in the studio theres an interview somewhere with E-40 saying Pac had days where he'd do 9Songs a Day! Rappers today dont have 9 songs on their albums. 18 Years later an everyone still talks about Pac like hes still here a World Wide ICON aka THE GOAT.

RIP to the Greatest and Most influential Hip Hop Artist of All Time

tupac_shakur_1996_death_row_interscope_records_photofest_WEB-630x416.jpg
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    He committed suicide.

Shut up b

I hate ? who get emotional because somebody says something they disagree with but can't even come up with a coherent explanation of why they disagree. This is a message board, the purpose is to express your opinion. If you can't do that then log off.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He committed suicide.

Shut up b

I hate ? who get emotional because somebody says something they disagree with but can't even come up with a coherent explanation of why they disagree. This is a message board, the purpose is to express your opinion. If you can't do that then log off.

?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac is my favorite rapper. Greatest of all time
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    He committed suicide.

Shut up b

?

You're too stupid to express your opinion.