Did you watch the Bone Thugs N Harmony Unsung last night?

Options
13»

Comments

• nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bizzy and krayzie can still trade bars with the best of em
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bizzy and krayzie can still trade bars with the best of em

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Hate to be the one to ask this rhetorical question, but what was Freestyle Fellowship's influence on Bone's rapstyle post Faces of Death, when they hooked up with Eazy? It's not too farfetched to imagine that Eazy heard Freestyle Fellowship and decided that he could mold these raw n*ggas from Cleveland to sound like them while rapping from a street thugs/ gangsta's perspective.
    While Freestyle Fellowship came from an intellectual, jazzy 'hip hop' perspective and Bone came from that street perspective, the similarities in their rapstyle are hard to overlook. I'm not saying anyone bit, but let's keep it real...

Listen to this, then listen to Bone pre and post "Creepin' on ah Comeup"...
    Freestyle Fellowship - Innercity Boundaries
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6zH6uMyU9c

Far as it's been told, none. Now it's definitely possible it might have influenced Eazy and/or the production side. The Fellowship is a west coast group, in that time, they would have had access to that material. Possible, but that's never been admitted on the production side of things. But it's never been mentioned that "Foe The Luv of $" was made by Yomo and Maulkie, either.

Bone hasn't admitted to any inspiration from the Fellowship, either. The story goes that Krayzie "mastered" the style while locked up for shooting Wish in the leg. Which I would think was after Faces Of Death, so the song "Flow Motion" could mean their style pre-dates The Fellowship even having an album out.

Bone's style prior to Eazy was still the fast rapping ? , Faces Of Death shows this. The song, "Flow Motion", to be exact. There's also the legendary verse Krayzie rapped over the phone to Eazy when they were just trying to get signed. All of which was the style Bone is known for already from a street perspective.

In fact, the only thing Bone accredited to Eazy was the goth like image there albums had. The skulls, the ouija ? , the symbolism. Krayzie has admitted that all of that was what Eazy made up for them. They looked at it, was just as impressed as fans were, and rolled with it.
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Hate to be the one to ask this rhetorical question, but what was Freestyle Fellowship's influence on Bone's rapstyle post Faces of Death, when they hooked up with Eazy? It's not too farfetched to imagine that Eazy heard Freestyle Fellowship and decided that he could mold these raw n*ggas from Cleveland to sound like them while rapping from a street thugs/ gangsta's perspective.
    While Freestyle Fellowship came from an intellectual, jazzy 'hip hop' perspective and Bone came from that street perspective, the similarities in their rapstyle are hard to overlook. I'm not saying anyone bit, but let's keep it real...

Far as it's been told, none. Now it's definitely possible it might have influenced Eazy and/or the production side. The Fellowship is a west coast group, in that time, they would have had access to that material. Possible, but that's never been admitted on the production side of things. But it's never been mentioned that "Foe The Luv of $" was made by Yomo and Maulkie, either.

Bone hasn't admitted to any inspiration from the Fellowship, either. The story goes that Krayzie "mastered" the style while locked up for shooting Wish in the leg. Which I would think was after Faces Of Death, so the song "Flow Motion" could mean their style pre-dates The Fellowship even having an album out.

Bone's style prior to Eazy was still the fast rapping ? , Faces Of Death shows this. The song, "Flow Motion", to be exact. There's also the legendary verse Krayzie rapped over the phone to Eazy when they were just trying to get signed. All of which was the style Bone is known for already from a street perspective.

In fact, the only thing Bone accredited to Eazy was the goth like image there albums had. The skulls, the ouija ? , the symbolism. Krayzie has admitted that all of that was what Eazy made up for them. They looked at it, was just as impressed as fans were, and rolled with it.

Lol. Wisdom knows clearly. Da circumstances why. BONE HOOKED UP WITH Ez.
    Occult. N
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Occult ? got called up. Like. Benchwarmers
    Ready. And initiated
    I know rappers better than bone and I live in -reno Nevada

Satan chooses and decides who rhymes for his money
    If u smarten. Up. and. See. TheN RIP. PAC BIG BIG L PUN G MASTER JAY.....
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said in the beginning I wasn't like a huge Bone fan but I loved Creepin on a come up and East 1999 Eternal. I still listen to East 99 to this day. Krayzie was my favorite solo member and he made me buy Thug Mentality 99 and Thug on The Line. I pretty much stopped listening to them after that for whatever reason but they did drop look into my eyes and brought me back for a second. Looking at this Unsung made me realize that they're a lot better than I gave them credit for. They're not the GOAT group to me but they're definitely top 10 maybe top 5 in hiphop history.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

truth