Police gun down 17 year old unarmed black teen. (Update) Darren Wilson Not Indicted

Options

Comments

• zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Stinging ? ether found on Facebook right here:

"This should also apply to the black church. How much could have been raised if every black church took up a special collection for Michael Brown's family. I'm sure it would have been enormous. Yet the cop has had close to $500k raised."

I can't do nothing BUT respect this statement. The young boy's family could have millions to fight this ? if religious niggs got their heads right.

The black church shouldn't be picking sides. .....
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but can someone tell me whether or not it was confirmed that Brown was in fact not resisting arrest when he was shot?

I assumed that the cop was dead wrong in the shooting, but it seems (at least the last time I followed the story closely) that the evidence and facts about the case haven't been clarified yet, and other sources are giving contrary reports that suggest that Brown was resisting arrest (though I'm highly skeptical about all of that).

I don't want to talk out of my ass or base my opinion on assumptions when talking about this, so I'm just trying to get to the bare facts, which already seem to be murky, though fortunately not as murky as the Trayvon case.

Multiple witnesses say they saw Mike with his hands up and the cop just shot him til he died.These were construction workers who are on camera reacting to it when it happened.

Ok, but I wonder how strong that evidence is. Witness testimony isn't reliable, and I've heard that other witnesses have told different stories.

I don't know. It just seems, at least for me, that it's still too early definitely know what truly happened, though most of the circumstantial evidence seems to point to the idea that Brown was unjustifiably shot.
  • Plutarch
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Stinging ? ether found on Facebook right here:

"This should also apply to the black church. How much could have been raised if every black church took up a special collection for Michael Brown's family. I'm sure it would have been enormous. Yet the cop has had close to $500k raised."

I can't do nothing BUT respect this statement. The young boy's family could have millions to fight this ? if religious niggs got their heads right.

I don't know man. Doesn't that assume that "the black church" uniformly takes the same stance on a case that still seems to be pending? And I'm sure that there are black churches that are raising funds. Jackson, Sharpton, and others have already raised at least 200k the last time that I checked.

If any black "institution" needs to be scapegoated for their lack of support, I would think that it would be more reasonable to blame the black activists, not the black pastors. But I don't even think that the Brown family has to worry about financial support.

What's worse is that justice in America depends on how much money you have. Our court system has desperately needed to be reformed for a long while now.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but can someone tell me whether or not it was confirmed that Brown was in fact not resisting arrest when he was shot?

I assumed that the cop was dead wrong in the shooting, but it seems (at least the last time I followed the story closely) that the evidence and facts about the case haven't been clarified yet, and other sources are giving contrary reports that suggest that Brown was resisting arrest (though I'm highly skeptical about all of that).

I don't want to talk out of my ass or base my opinion on assumptions when talking about this, so I'm just trying to get to the bare facts, which already seem to be murky, though fortunately not as murky as the Trayvon case.

Multiple witnesses say they saw Mike with his hands up and the cop just shot him til he died.These were construction workers who are on camera reacting to it when it happened.

Ok, but I wonder how strong that evidence is. Witness testimony isn't reliable, and I've heard that other witnesses have told different stories.

I don't know. It just seems, at least for me, that it's still too early definitely know what truly happened, though most of the circumstantial evidence seems to point to the idea that Brown was unjustifiably shot.

Who told you that? Were links, videos, audio, etc. provided to support that notion? What were the differences or inconsistencies? Were they material differences?
  • Plutarch
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Who told you that?

I've heard this from various people and news sources.
    Were links, videos, audio, etc. provided to support that notion?

Apparently, one alleged witness supports or partly supports the cop's side of the story, and he can be heard on the crime scene footage. Here's a link - Unwitting Witness Pokes Holes In Michael Brown Shooting Story. CNN, FOX, and Washington Post have also said that some witness accounts might support, at the very least, that Brown resisted arrest or even charged at the cop (though not necessarily in a manner that justifies the shooting).
    What were the differences or inconsistencies? Were they material differences?

Although some (or many?) have said exactly what VulcanRaven pointed out, others took a rather "neutral" or vague side only because they weren't able to see exactly what happened, and at least one other has supported the cop's story that Brown resisted arrest.

Still though, I think that I was also thinking about the people who took the cop's side without actually witnessing anything firsthand. But they have no credibility.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who told you that?

I've heard this from various people and news sources.
    Were links, videos, audio, etc. provided to support that notion?

Apparently, one alleged witness supports or partly supports the cop's side of the story, and he can be heard on the crime scene footage. Here's a link - Unwitting Witness Pokes Holes In Michael Brown Shooting Story. CNN, FOX, and Washington Post have also said that some witness accounts might support, at the very least, that Brown resisted arrest or even charged at the cop (though not necessarily in a manner that justifies the shooting).
    What were the differences or inconsistencies? Were they material differences?

Although some (or many?) have said exactly what VulcanRaven pointed out, others took a rather "neutral" or vague side only because they weren't able to see exactly what happened, and at least one other has supported the cop's story that Brown resisted arrest.

Still though, I think that I was also thinking about the people who took the cop's side without actually witnessing anything firsthand. But they have no credibility.

Let me go ahead and get you up to speed bro. Not ONE witness has come forward to corroborate the police's story. The article you have is a vague off hand eaves drop conversation of an unidentified person who says that michael brown started "coming towards" the officer. There's no way to clarify whether he meant, stumbling towards, running towards, falling towards, kneeling towards or anything. Media outlets took that and ran with it to make it seem as if witnesses were now giving conflicting statements.

As far as I'm aware, the name of this person isn't even known. Every witness that has stepped forward thus far has stated that Michael Brown was fleeing from the officer, and most of them say that he had his hands up at the time he was shot.
  • Plutarch
    Options
    ^^^ ok, that sounds right. and the more I'm looking into things, the more that makes sense. i still can't understand how people can be so quick to support the cop in light of all the evidence and still claim that they're not racist. Even if they're not racist, they have to be incredibly ignorant or stupid not to see something wrong here.

'ppreciate it.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »

Interesting

From my understanding it is legal to fire at a fleeing suspect if you feel as though he or she is a danger to the community...i may be wrong though

With that said, from my understanding there was a scuffle at the suv and after a chase on foot that it when wilson and brown came face to face within 20-35 ft of each other. And that is when wilson claimed mike rushed him which is a lie imho

The ferguson pd ? up but im not quite sure how this is a smoking gun

Had wilson stayed inside the suv it would be, but he didnt
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I was trying to understand why this was presented as monumental. It's clearly way off so it is a lie...not even an error but a lie. If Mike was 100 feet away, witness accounts have Wilson out there a significant distance away from the vehicle as well. Is something else being insinuated outside of the assertion/evidence that dude lied in that statement.

Can someone explain what this all means?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wilsons whole defense relys on him and mike brown fighting in the squad car and him shooting mike then mike somehow getting away then charging like a raging bull...the proximity of mikes brown body and witnesses say otherwise
  • desertrain10
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    wilsons whole defense relys on him and mike brown fighting in the squad car and him shooting mike then mike somehow getting away then charging like a raging bull...the proximity of mikes brown body and witnesses say otherwise

I still dont see the significance of the distance bewteen mike browns body and suv when we know for a fact that wilson got out of suv and proceeded to chase brown by foot

What i want to know is the distance between wilson and brown when they were face to face and he fired the last 2 or 3 shots ... sure forensics will probably wait to release that info last
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I was trying to understand why this was presented as monumental. It's clearly way off so it is a lie...not even an error but a lie. If Mike was 100 feet away, witness accounts have Wilson out there a significant distance away from the vehicle as well. Is something else being insinuated outside of the assertion/evidence that dude lied in that statement.

Can someone explain what this all means?

This article can probably explain things better:
    Michael Brown shooting: when can US law enforcement officers fire?
    In the Ferguson case, experts say it’s far from certain criminal charges will be brought against the officer who shot Brown
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/15/michael-brown-when-can-officers-shoot-ferguson
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »

Interesting

From my understanding it is legal to fire at a fleeing suspect if you feel as though he or she is a danger to the community...i may be wrong though

With that said, from my understanding there was a scuffle at the suv and after a chase on foot that it when wilson and brown came face to face within 20-35 ft of each other. And that is when wilson claimed mike rushed him which is a lie imho

The ferguson pd ? up but im not quite sure how this is a smoking gun

Had wilson stayed inside the suv it would be, but he didnt

That's the lie that he tells to make it justified. The kid was over 100 feet away (see the pictures of the body and the cruiser and check the flip flop by the BEHIND the cruiser). That's why he missed with so many shots. He shot that kid in the eye and the head and didn't make an official report. He's had well over a month and changed to get his story together. No one in their right mind is going to run from an officer who's shooting at them and then turn around and run towards the gun that is being fired. Simple common sense should prevail, but common sense isn't common. You seen the magic bullet theory that was applied to JFK.
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tennessee v Garner covers deadly physical force an officer can use on a fleeing subject.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I still dont see the significance of the distance bewteen mike browns body and suv when we know for a fact that wilson got out of suv and proceeded to chase brown by foot

What i want to know is the distance between wilson and brown when they were face to face and he fired the last 2 or 3 shots ... sure forensics will probably wait to release that info last

you cant shoot someone 2 or 3 times in the back and the top of the head at that distance and claim self defense
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    stltoday.com/news/local/fury-of-ferguson-descends-on-st-louis-county-council/article_ca03267a-d87e-5399-9bd0-3bb95b50339f.html
    Fury of Ferguson descends on St. Louis County Council

“You are ISIS to black people,” one speaker told council members.

“If Darren Wilson gets off, you all better bring every army you all have got. ’Cause it’s going down,” said one speaker.

I don't know how the US government is going to pitch the idea to a majority of Blacks (especially the youth), that ISIS is a "threat" to all Americans,

People aren't stupid,
    They dont care what Americans think.

And people are actually very ? stupid.
  • desertrain10
    Options

you cant shoot someone 2 or 3 times in the back and the top of the head at that distance and claim self defense

I know that

My point is wilson wasnt in the suv at the time of the fatal shots so where the suv was parked in relation to the body isnt that significant a revelation... remember wilson got out the suv and ran after brown further down the street

And according to witnesses when mike finally stopped and turned around with his hands up the two men were at the least 25, 30 ft away from each other

Not defending wilson, hope dude ends up being charged with murder

But this is a small detail
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes.....i hope they shut down rams game..........

Ferguson Protesters Threaten Rams Game

Via DailyMail:

The search for justice in Ferguson has spilled onto the football field as protesters say they plan to get into Edward Jones Dome and stop this weekend’s St. Louis Rams game.

The threat was first revealed at a St. Louis County Council meeting Tuesday night.

‘It’s not going to be a fun day Sunday at your beautiful Rams game,’ one protester reportedly shouted.

KMOX reports that St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson is doing whatever he can to stop those threats from becoming a reality.

‘We are having extra resources in the downtown area for this weekend to address any eventuality,’ he said.
    He said that if a peaceful demonstration was held he would not interfere, but if they go beyond that the police will shut them down.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that protestors at the meeting grew increasingly loud and angry, demanding that officer Darren Wilson, who shot and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown, be arrested and that County Prosecutor Robert McCullock be taken off the case, as well as calling for the resignations of both County Police Chief Jon Belmar and Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson.

Some speakers compared county officials to ‘war criminals’ or KKK members.

‘You are ISIS to black people,’ one said.

Besides threatening this weekend’s game, protestors said they would disrupt grocery stores as well as hold an even bigger demonstration should the Cardinals make it to this year’s World Series.

A video posted on YouTube titled ‘St. Louis Rams: No Justice, No Football,’ is even asking for donated tickets so more demonstrators can get into the game.

‘So all of those St. Louis Rams fans who love justice, I will ask you to contact me and to donate your St. Louis Rams tickets so protestors can get in the dome,’ says activist Umar Lee in the video.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They had more protest today...i gotta give it to those people in Missouri they are not letting this ? die.? bless them.
    Ferguson just might go down as one of the trillest cities. Almost 1.5 months later, they still ain't backing down for justice.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ISIS and other terrorist dont give a ? what color you are we're all american to them. You think them muslims on those planes on 9/11 gave a ? what race you were when they jacked the planes.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ISIS and other terrorist dont give a ? what color you are we're all american to them. You think them muslims on those planes on 9/11 gave a ? what race you were when they jacked the planes.

Bruh them was some mexicans the CIA picked up in front of home depot.......
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stltoday.com/news/gunmen-mentions-michael-brown-as-he-robs-three-couples-leaving/article_d711821e-f3a9-513b-b942-64bab194c683.html
    Gunmen mentions Michael Brown as he robs three couples leaving a restaurant

St. Louis Metropolitan Police are investigating an armed robbery of six people who were walking from a restaurant in the 1100 block of Mississippi Avenue at 11:11 p.m. on Saturday.

Police said the three couples, all of them from 59 to 61 years old, had just left a restaurant and were walking north on the west side of Mississippi when they were approached by two men. One of the men pointed a silver gun at the group and demanded their belongings.

After the second man grabbed items from the group, the first man said, "This is for Michael Brown," according to a police account. Both men then fled on foot.

One man was described at thin build about 5-feet-7 inches tall wearing a white tank top and blue jeans with medium length twisted braids armed with a small silver handgun. The other man also had a thin build and was about 5-feet-8 inches tall, wearing all black clothing and a black ski mask. Both were black men in their early 20s.

Smh @ these dumb ? ? ...
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes they do. U need to pause them fake hotep dvds, and see the world. When the gobal world speak of Americans politically, theyre talking about white folks.
    Show me a video of a black western man getting killed by islamic terrorist???

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stltoday.com/news/gunmen-mentions-michael-brown-as-he-robs-three-couples-leaving/article_d711821e-f3a9-513b-b942-64bab194c683.html
    Gunmen mentions Michael Brown as he robs three couples leaving a restaurant

St. Louis Metropolitan Police are investigating an armed robbery of six people who were walking from a restaurant in the 1100 block of Mississippi Avenue at 11:11 p.m. on Saturday.

Police said the three couples, all of them from 59 to 61 years old, had just left a restaurant and were walking north on the west side of Mississippi when they were approached by two men. One of the men pointed a silver gun at the group and demanded their belongings.

After the second man grabbed items from the group, the first man said, "This is for Michael Brown," according to a police account. Both men then fled on foot.

One man was described at thin build about 5-feet-7 inches tall wearing a white tank top and blue jeans with medium length twisted braids armed with a small silver handgun. The other man also had a thin build and was about 5-feet-8 inches tall, wearing all black clothing and a black ski mask. Both were black men in their early 20s.

Smh @ these dumb ? ? ...

Hey, at least these crackas aint get killed with their hands up...
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Yes they do. U need to pause them fake hotep dvds, and see the world. When the gobal world speak of Americans politically, theyre talking about white folks.
    Show me a video of a black western man getting killed by islamic terrorist???

Good point