BREAKING NEWS... Surge is Coming Back!!

Options

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Surge was my ? in my middle school. It was similar to Mello Yello or Mountain Dew but it was something just a little different about it.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Surge already tried to come back before.

It was called Vault Energy Drink.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ Yep that vault ? was a retweeked surge. At my HS they brought in a whole new machine just for this ? .
    Coke was getting paid.

It's a wack soda, but if they put it in stores I'd buy on for nostalgia purposes.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Internet buying ALL the surge. I bought a can.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the cigarettes and fast food aint killin us quick enough
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nvr heard of it
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Surge was my ? in my middle school. It was similar to Mello Yello or Mountain Dew but it was something just a little different about it.

yeah....? maybe
    Surge already tried to come back before.

It was called Vault Energy Drink.

oh ? ...forgot about that....i had some strange feelin all nighters on that vault....? made me burp worse than beer too
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I'm buying some

Racha sauce or nawww?

Only in food threads mang
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options

HKNIUYZ.jpg
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen the thread title and thought y'all was talking bout this ? ...

ibkeDh53rvxsq9.gif
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pidyggqm1q44psogb7yn.jpg

By C.A. Pinkham

Well, internet, you did it: Coca-Cola is actually bringing back 90's citrus soda Surge.

For those who don't remember, Surge was the Coca-Cola corporation's relatively short-lived answer to Mountain Dew. It was labeled "the fully-loaded* citrus soda." Some sources append "with carbos" to that description, but I haven't ever actually seen that on a can, so I can't really ask what the ? a "carbo" is while feeling genuine. It was basically the 1990's in carbonated sugargasm form, and it wasdiscontinued in 2003. Before you ask: yes, back in 1999, I basically drank enough of this stuff daily to fell an elk.

Now, thanks in large part to a concerted Facebook campaign called "The SURGE Movement," Coca-Cola is bringing back Surge through a limited online release. They're selling it through Amazon.com, where $14 will get you 12 16-ounce cans — a tidy profit for Coca-Cola, since there's a guaranteed ready-made market for these things. They haven't announced specifically when it will become available, but you can bet it won't be long.

Pat yourselves on the back, internet. You won this round. Now if only you could figure out a way to bring back Firefly for the long-term.

* I know what you're about to ask, and the answer is "fully-loaded with diabetes."

? that ? , it looks like it's got some Nickelodeon slime up in that ? .
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

(specifically the, "I'm taking that", portion of the song)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APIGP03vAz0
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Mseries_ wrote: »
    pidyggqm1q44psogb7yn.jpg

By C.A. Pinkham

Well, internet, you did it: Coca-Cola is actually bringing back 90's citrus soda Surge.

For those who don't remember, Surge was the Coca-Cola corporation's relatively short-lived answer to Mountain Dew. It was labeled "the fully-loaded* citrus soda." Some sources append "with carbos" to that description, but I haven't ever actually seen that on a can, so I can't really ask what the ? a "carbo" is while feeling genuine. It was basically the 1990's in carbonated sugargasm form, and it wasdiscontinued in 2003. Before you ask: yes, back in 1999, I basically drank enough of this stuff daily to fell an elk.

Now, thanks in large part to a concerted Facebook campaign called "The SURGE Movement," Coca-Cola is bringing back Surge through a limited online release. They're selling it through Amazon.com, where $14 will get you 12 16-ounce cans — a tidy profit for Coca-Cola, since there's a guaranteed ready-made market for these things. They haven't announced specifically when it will become available, but you can bet it won't be long.

Pat yourselves on the back, internet. You won this round. Now if only you could figure out a way to bring back Firefly for the long-term.

* I know what you're about to ask, and the answer is "fully-loaded with diabetes."

? that ? , it looks like it's got some Nickelodeon slime up in that ? .

It's slurm.
    wtg0uGe.jpg
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? is soda? It's called pop.

What type of ? ? is you talking about?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to bring these back

tropical-fantasy-soda-007.jpg.cf.jpg

But by someone other than the KKK

"In April 1991, rumors began circulating in Black neighborhoods that the beverage was laced with a secret ingredient that would sterilize black men.[2] The beverage quickly earned the nickname "Tropical Fanticide." The rumors claimed that the Ku Klux ? was actually bottling the product and using the low price to attract poor citizens.[3] Similar unfounded rumors about ? involvement periodically have plagued the Church's Fried Chicken chain and Snapple soft drinks.[4]

Later that year the rumor spread rapidly and provoked violence in many city neighborhoods. Attacks occurred on delivery trucks and storekeepers who stocked Tropical Fantasy. Due to these rumors and rising suspicions, sales of the beverage plummeted by 70%.

Investigations found the claims to be as preposterous.[5] Sales recovered only after an extensive public relations campaign that included then-New York City Mayor David N. Dinkins, who is Black, drinking a bottle of the soda for television news cameras.[6]

By mid June 1991 the attacks had stopped and the sales had rebounded, but the dark rumors about Tropical Fantasy were not forgotten. Even today, the rumors are still circulating. Many young teenagers refer to the beverages as "Nutties", mainly due to the rumor that it kills sperm. This is not however limited to the Tropical Fantasy beverage. Other beverages such as "City Club", "Top Pop", and "C&C", are ridiculed in exactly the same way."
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
    please let this be true!!
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    BarreGoff wrote: »
    please let this be true!!

According to my main contact on ebay that sells the surge, it is online only. Coca cola selling in a time trial and if the quota is met, they are going to roll out Surge full bore
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    zF7ICVW.png

I would most def drink that......You humans with your nasty soda dont know the glorious taste of slurm
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What type of ? ? is you talking about?

Country bumpkins don't know ? .
  • EarPlug0128
    EarPlug0128 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options
    Pepsi Blue>>>>>>>
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I recently had a dream where a guy was drinking it before I saw this thread.

? weird.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    I dont drink soda

yea not anymore but I remember when I was little I always used to drink surge
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lol @ soda that sound like some ? from a movie

we call it pop ?
  • Bcotton5
    Options

Detroit in this ?