-The official 2014-2015 NFL season thread

Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Cowboys C.J. Spillman revealed in an alleged sexual assault claim at team's hotel

A Dallas Cowboys special teams player has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman at the team’s hotel in Texas on Sept. 20 — and then being allowed to play the next day.

The alleged attack came just a day after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s awkward news conference during which he promised to get tough on players accused of violent crime.

Police in Grapevine, Texas, told the Daily News that C.J. Spillman, 28, is "involved" in the investigation of a sexual assault that allegedly took place at the ? Texan Resort and Convention Center, the Cowboys' official hotel since 2009,

“We have a sexual assault report we are investigating at this time, and it does involve C.J. Spillman,” said Sgt. Robert Eberling, a police spokesman. "He is involved in the investigation. We are looking into the matter."

I don't see Jerry rushing to judgment on this one....

0.jpg

a they tried to set my dude up ... lousy stanks
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    quote_image_wilson11.jpg

Russell Wilson has thrown plenty of passes for touchdowns. Now he's ready to a throw a
    pass for something more important.

The Seattle Seahawks' Super Bowl-winning quarterback introduced the "Pass The Peace"
    campaign to raise awareness and funds for victims of domestic violence on Thursday. In
    a personal essay posted at The Players Tribune, Wilson outlined his vision for the campaign
    associated with his Why Not You Foundation and challenged people to donate to the National
    Domestic Violence Hotline.

"I want us to Pass the Peace to support victims of domestic violence," wrote Wilson at The
    Players Tribune. "The idea behind Pass the Peace is simple: It’s a promise. I’m sharing my
    love for you. I want to take care of you. I am here for you."

To get it all started, Wilson announced he was passing the peace to recently retired New
    York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter and pop star Justin Timberlake during an appearance
    on HuffPost Live. Jeter unveiled The Players Tribune website, aiming to connect athletes
    and fans, on Wednesday and Wilson was named as a senior editor earlier on Thursday.

Just as the Ice Bucket Challenge that became a viral sensation raised funds to combat
    ALS, Wilson's Pass For Peace initiative calls on participants to challenge others to join
    in and donate. Wilson's campaign arrives with NFL mired in domestic violence scandals,
    with players, teams and league executive facing intense scrutiny.

"This issue is much bigger than NFL suspensions. Domestic violence isn’t going to disappear
    tomorrow or the next day. But the more that we choose not to talk about it, the more we
    shy away from the issue, the more we lose," wrote Wilson. "I can’t fix the world. I can’t fix
    the NFL. I can’t change the guys around me. The only person I can change is the one in
    the mirror."

He wants to be the face of the NFL sooooooo bad.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let Wilson cook.
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im interested in seeing how the niner fans recieve alex, i mean dude deserves a warm reception. He was nothing but professional in the whole kaep situation. With the way Kaep been turning the ball over, it really made me appreciate alex being careful with the ball.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think they will show Smith love.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is teddy playing tonight?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    quote_image_wilson11.jpg

Russell Wilson has thrown plenty of passes for touchdowns. Now he's ready to a throw a

The Seattle Seahawks' Super Bowl-winning quarterback introduced the "Pass The Peace"
    campaign to raise awareness and funds for victims of domestic violence on Thursday. In
    a personal essay posted at The Players Tribune, Wilson outlined his vision for the campaign
    associated with his Why Not You Foundation and challenged people to donate to the National

"I want us to Pass the Peace to support victims of domestic violence," wrote Wilson at The
    Players Tribune. "The idea behind Pass the Peace is simple: It’s a promise. I’m sharing my

To get it all started, Wilson announced he was passing the peace to recently retired New
    York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter and pop star Justin Timberlake during an appearance
    on HuffPost Live. Jeter unveiled The Players Tribune website, aiming to connect athletes
    and fans, on Wednesday and Wilson was named as a senior editor earlier on Thursday.

Just as the Ice Bucket Challenge that became a viral sensation raised funds to combat
    ALS, Wilson's Pass For Peace initiative calls on participants to challenge others to join
    in and donate. Wilson's campaign arrives with NFL mired in domestic violence scandals,

"This issue is much bigger than NFL suspensions. Domestic violence isn’t going to disappear
    tomorrow or the next day. But the more that we choose not to talk about it, the more we
    shy away from the issue, the more we lose," wrote Wilson. "I can’t fix the world. I can’t fix
    the NFL. I can’t change the guys around me. The only person I can change is the one in
    the mirror."

Do we really have a problem with a young black qb wanting to be the positive face of the nfl?

He should be talking bout the racism around the league.

Well that's just me.

He keeps his mouth shut about that ? though.
  • qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Throwback...

Ray-Lewis-NFL-Draft.jpg

Is that young ray Lewis with the rock $500 shirt on?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Harbaugh is the craziest person in the entire NFL.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    quote_image_wilson11.jpg

the mirror."

Do we really have a problem with a young black qb wanting to be the positive face of the nfl?

Well that's just me.

It isn't like it has to be this OR that. And there are hundreds of other guys in the league who can talk about the social issue of racism and bias in the league and/or society.

I actually wish someone with that type of platform would dedicate themselves to such a thing. The passive and covert supporters of racism in our society would slowly reveal themselves because they can't stand seeing someone with great popularity and influence speaking on this matter and spreading influence that goes against their status quo.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard teddy b inactive tonight
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    quote_image_wilson11.jpg

the mirror."

Well that's just me.

It isn't like it has to be this OR that. And there are hundreds of other guys in the league who can talk about the social issue of racism and bias in the league and/or society.

I actually wish someone with that type of platform would dedicate themselves to such a thing. The passive and covert supporters of racism in our society would slowly reveal themselves because they can't stand seeing someone with great popularity and influence speaking on this matter and spreading influence that goes against their status quo.

It doesn't have to be this or that.

But

Racism is by far worst problem here then domestic violence.

• MR.CJ
    Options
    Yea teddy is out
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup bridgewater out...that done took out most of the appeal of the gaMe smh

Gotta find something to get into now
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm expecting a wack game, but I have a hard time even turning away from wack games. Oregon plays Arizona tonight. Hopefully one of these games is entertaining.
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Jim Harbaugh is the craziest person in the entire NFL.

That espn article was dope. I find it ? they spent two weeks trying to create controversy despite all the players coming out and backing him
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    They said up to 100 people may have ebola in dallas

Its over
  • shieky
    shieky Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    They said up to 100 people may have ebola in dallas

Its over

As soon as I heard that children were exposed to dude... I figured it was going to get out of hand.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Draft coming to the Chi. Will be There!
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Robert Blanton got trucked lmao..Fighting Fairy Irish weakass,