The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    MontyM.Max wrote: »
    It's damn near criminal for Nash to have two MVP's to Kobe and Shaqs one when he spent his whole career ignoring one half of the game.

Nash made a lot of ? ass ? a lot of money, while leading the raja bells and Tim Thomas's of the world to 50+ win seasons.

Kobe was just chucking and shaq didn't deserve any mvps before or after 2000.

Kobe was much better than iverson as a player when he won his, but iverson was taking Matt Geiger to 50 wins.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    jj made the all star team, that ? was not an all star tho
    He deserved it.

He deserves nothing but credit for helping his team bounce back , KyleLowry did a lot more tho and actually had all star numbers, haven't seen an argument yet telling me how jj deserved all star when his team was still barely avg at the time and he was a 2 or 3 avg 15 3 & 3, but I digress
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    C/s Nash deserving mvp both years, that ? wasn't all on the dantoni system
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @ a"‌cracka winning 2x in a row in a league full of ?

Scustttttttt
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ chris bosh saying the heat need toughness and rebounding this year
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    He deserved it.

He deserves nothing but credit for helping his team bounce back , KyleLowry did a lot more tho and actually had all star numbers, haven't seen an argument yet telling me how jj deserved all star when his team was still barely avg at the time and he was a 2 or 3 avg 15 3 & 3, but I digress

He was our best player during that stretch when Lopez was out and Deron was inconsistent/injured.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many MVP have never taken a team to the finals as the best player on the roster?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nash deserved both mvp's it's hilarious how many of y'all don't understand the criteria for winning mvp

Also The point gawd shoulda won the 08 mvp kobe should have zero
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo why is this wacc mf unbanned? Duke spammin this board sayin ? and I was banned longer than him.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    How many MVP have never taken a team to the finals as the best player on the roster?

Steve Nash is the only multi mvp to never take his team to a finals appearance.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They changed the criteria to suit narratives..
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Act like race ain't play a part n that ? breh.

When was the last time a white person had a MVP caliber season before Nash? Not taking away anything from his performances those years im just simply saying yaw wanna act like race played no part and quite frankly I think it did.

Dude got more MVPs than shaq & kobe (not to mention he has just as many as Timmy) yet never made it to the finals fohhhhhhhh
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They changed the criteria to suit narratives..

The criteria ain't that damn deep ...as long as you havea great season surpass expectations and the media likes you you'll have a shot ...you know when lebron went to Miami the first year some writers said they left him off the ballots because they felt no matter what he did he didn't deserve the mvp after goin to such a stacked team?
    LeBron James finished third in NBA MVP voting, succumbing to Derrick Rose (the landslide winner) and, narrowly, Dwight Howard. This is a fair result, insomuch as you can accept Rose as the top choice.

But nine of the 120 voters -- there's a 121th "fan vote" in which one can only assume LeBron landed in the top-five -- left James off of their ballot completely. (This was first notated on Twitter by @PistonPowered.)

Ballots go five-deep. Nine sportswriters looked at LeBron's production, looked at the Miami Heat's record, looked at the Cleveland Cavaliers' record, looked at their own newspaper mugshot (handsome!), looked at the MVP ballot and ... left him off.

Lol @ "criteria"...? media don't deserve to be voting for this award
  • playmaker88
    Options
    On the heels of the Malice in the Palace the NBA was on the PR ? Nash was a deserving candidate though but neither him nor Dirk was the best player. Nash was more deserving than Dirk .. Nash's roster was damn good too it wasn't chalk full of bums
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see how y'all can respect a MVP that plays no defense lol
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2014
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    why we still talking about this, this ? was in 05. That ? was 10 years ago, lets move on to something else. like how wack these Brooklyn Nets gonna be this year

Better this than the ? thats been here for the last idk how many pages

ITS BASKETBALL
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the heels of the Malice in the Palace the NBA was on the PR ? Nash was a deserving candidate though but neither him nor Dirk was the best player. Nash was more deserving than Dirk .. Nash's roster was damn good too it wasn't chalk full of bums

Cs. Thats when all the dress code ? , covering certain tats, no headphones etc started popping off. The league was getting horrible press and players were looked at like thugs, they needed a great white hype. I try to tell ? .
    Outside of the racial overtones. How the ? you get 2 MVPs for doing what john Stockton did for his career minus the all NBA defensive teams. ? is damn near blasphemous.
    Nash was definitely Phoenix' MVP. Just not the league.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    He deserved it.

He was our best player during that stretch when Lopez was out and Deron was inconsistent/injured.

I'm not disagreeing with that
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    I don't see how y'all can respect a MVP that plays no defense lol

I don't get how ? pick and choose when defense is important on here lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Nash deserved both mvp's it's hilarious how many of y'all don't understand the criteria for winning mvp

Also The point gawd shoulda won the 08 mvp kobe should have zero

Tabernacle
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A brotha just got a promotion, I'm on cloud nine nothing can bring me down today. I wanna fire a muthafucka now to assert my authority.

first thing they gonna have you do is fire another brother
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    why we still talking about this, this ? was in 05. That ? was 10 years ago, lets move on to something else. like how wack these Brooklyn Nets gonna be this year

says the Pistons fan who's team features Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings and had a 29 - 53 record last season

lmao gtfoh