Lil Boosie says: “I Feel Like African American Is The Worst Race In The World”

Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options

im a fake ass blood for the internet and im tired of this mississ0ippi ? checkin me like im a ?

lol @ a ? ass bumpkin checkin ? but the shine on a whites shoe
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel Boosie on this one. He has a point.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    African-American isnt a race Mr. Bad Ass, nh,
    I concur on his opinion that ? aint ? .

What is it, sir @gns

@gns sir

It's a classification, sir.
    It describes blacks in america in general, sure.
    It also describes Charlize Theron and any other native of a African country that emigrated here so how can u describe it as a race when u can use it to describe.....other races?!

The word Black/? etc.. imo is the descriptor for the race. But saying African American is a race sounds about as intelligent as saying Dominicans are their own race.

That's nice you came up with your own definition but you do know this is just a byword created by Jesse Jackson in the 80s for slave descendants. It's nothing but another byword synonymous ? and Black. Ain't nobody calling a white man from Africa "African american".

ok
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    hes wrong as ? , but after watchin the interview in context, its not as bad as it sounds...

if u dont believe that a ? will ? u over as bad as any other race at this point, theres nothing anybody can really tell u. self-interest is universal...

that being said, boosie really aint got caught up with these whites and jews that run these record labels and perpetuate these sterotyoes. i always liked that about him, but its blinded him somewhat...? is self-made and made a name for himself doin shows on the chitlin circuit and catchin the attention of southern legends...when he did have get on a major, he made his hits, made everybody alot of money, and thats really all that he had to or really owed it to anybody to do...

lupe (i believe) is on the same label and tried to fight the beast but he and the game are in really no better position for it...so which way is right? a ? who is in the streets and just plays the major label to get a check and bounce or the ? who tries to change the message we are giving the youth but is not as in touch with the everyday? wouldnt u feel like the man that is makin u rich is no worse than some who are constantly tryin to get your spot (and on the flipside wouldnt u feel like the ones who contol everything are truly the devil while)...

i disagree with my boosie tho and am disappointed that he would say that as i think he is the one of the most unique rappers and among the best live performers of his era.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "And they say it's the white man I should fear, but it's my own kind doin' all the killin' here" Pac

Pac also made "White Man's World"

"It's not them that's killing us, it's us that's killing us.." Pac at the end of "White man's world"
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Damn, it looks like jail aged him like 20 years.

Anyway, I do understand the sentiment that people have that we seem to care a lot more about racist ? than our own internal strife. I also agree that we should put more effort into that than we do trying to make cosmetic changes to racist practices. So from that standpoint I kinda agree with Boosie. That said. He goes a little too far because he seems to take the white man off the hook, which we can't do.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    Its not about black on black crime. Statistics show southerners are more prone to violence than people from the North. But nobody says "WHAT ABOUT ALL THIS SOUTHERNER ON SOUTHERNER VIOLENCE!?"

Common sense - which most house ? and cave monkeys dont have - should tell you that if you live in a community full of blacks...most of the robbery and theft will be by blacks. And if you live around a bunch of bankers...most of the theft will be by bankers by only via fraud and illegal trading, etc.

Anybody who believes violent crime is just a "black on black" think is just a self-hating, racist ignoramus. Look at the dumb ? in here who just couldnt WAIT to say something negative about their own. Salivating to be the first to agree with this quote (whether he said it or not). The only problem with black Americans is the apparent low self-esteem and the fact that many of you seem to have soaked in the white race's brainwashing you to think you're inferior.

They dont think HD. They just watching the consequences which is hood crime

But dont ANALYSE how it came down to that situation : a long time systemic opression.
  • Talk_Of_NY
    Talk_Of_NY Members Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭
    Options
    boosie been 2 jail before and learned ? from it
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    "And they say it's the white man I should fear, but it's my own kind doin' all the killin' here" Pac

Gotta finish the quote

"I can't lie, ain't no love for the other side
    Jealousy inside, make em wish I died"
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At this point, I'm going to assume that every black celebrity is on some "what about black on black crime" BS
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder why you never hear any white artists do any interviews ? the white race, now they might dog a white person or white trash but we all know that's way different than dissing their whole race. I mean it's obvious that something needs to be done but making blanket statements about the entire black race ain't the way. You wonder why we get profiled and discriminated against.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is it, sir @gns

@gns sir

It also describes Charlize Theron and any other native of a African country that emigrated here so how can u describe it as a race when u can use it to describe.....other races?!

The word Black/? etc.. imo is the descriptor for the race. But saying African American is a race sounds about as intelligent as saying Dominicans are their own race.

That's nice you came up with your own definition but you do know this is just a byword created by Jesse Jackson in the 80s for slave descendants. It's nothing but another byword synonymous ? and Black. Ain't nobody calling a white man from Africa "African american".

so you would call a black man from france an african american?
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at all these ? screaming #freeboosie all those years b. ? outta here
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "we gotta do better at raising our children" "if u think going to jail cool u stupid" "it's like they making street life a brand" "a cat in college will b more solid to u than a cat from the ghetto" "i think boosie it's like we hate each other like we're so distrustful why is that?" "i just feel like African American is the worst race"The White man ain’t trying to take your rims off your car.
    The White man ain’t doing this – we’re doing this to each other.
    So how can we say ‘”eff” the White man’? He ain’t doing nothing,
    but when we get in trouble – he’s doing his job. Guilty. He ain’t doing nothing wrong.”"but u don't feel like the white man created that system?" I really do feel like they brought drugs and gave it to our community""they know we gon ? our race" "we need to come together own our own stores, the government teach our kids we need to teach our own children"

I got a issue with the exploitation of black pain. "me too, a lotta these guys got millions and don't help they community" "now u got kids thinking they need to do wat they gotta do to get a Lamborghini so they may rob a bank"

Some more quotes from the interview since it seems most of y'all crying but ain't even watch, let's dissect these shall we

Nothing? Or y'all still too busy jumping to conclusions
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he means ethnic group
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is it, sir @gns

@gns sir

I actually have met white africans here in america and they referred to themselves as African American. They obviously knew they did not fit into the category as its typically used, but if you asked them what they were they replied african American.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys do know that Africa is a continent right? I can see someone calling themselves a South African american. Black folks over here never even saw Africa and with the influx of Caribs an Black Africans, it's hard to pinpoint an descendant of an Black American Slave unless they tell you. We are Black Americans. At least Caribbeans share some of our history even dating back to the Civil Rights movement and the creation of Hip Hop. They are can call themselves Jamaicans etc. without feeling some kind of way.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boosie helped to perpetuate a lot of the ? . We can look at all angles when it comes to problems in the black community. No one issue should get more shine then the other when they both negatively impact our community.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Boosie helped to perpetuate a lot of the ? . We can look at all angles when it comes to problems in the black community. No one issue should get more shine then the other when they both negatively impact our community.

Yep.
    But ppl like boosie got the ear of the youth, or at least had it. He should put this in a rap the way pac did.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    he means ethnic group
    U r right. I didn't want to expand on the topic too much because I thought it shouldn't be 2 difficult to grasp......I could b wrong though.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does this ? realize who his primary audience is?
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I purposefully left this ? alone for the weekend, just to see how far this ? Peezy was gonna reach for that cape.

Was not disappointed. Thread will be bookmarked as a case study.

ce5833f4_clark-cape-gif.gif

With that said, I understand exactly what Boosie was trying to say. The ? however was extremely ineloquent, and completely off the mark with a few key points in his argument.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol....aight...i see ya'll

Boosie aint the most intelligent person, i mean ya'll act like he's a scholar or something. Sure he coulda said that in a very different way. But he said it the way he sees it and knows how. Thats not wrong in my opinion.

He takes no losses from this, nor should he.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i listened to the interview. it was a ? moment. sorry. boosie needs to go read some Frantz Fanon, alot of what he said is misinformation, not necessarily untrue but heavily skewed