How Come Nobody Duplicated What No Limit Did?

Options

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They did though. Mixtapes. They just don't do it by individual label or anything like that.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats the best No limit album that came out in that era other than snoops albums?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He hasn't released an iPod since last year though.. I'm speaking of Macklemore

Hadn't released an album....? spellcheck

How could spellcheck get iPod from album?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    where are they now?

That sounds like over saturation

We'll yeah but he shut down Hip Hop for a good 3 years and has the biggest catalog out of any Hip Hop mogul. the point is that he has the deepest catalog. he'll make a lot of money in the future.

Master P never really cracked the North East market.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dipset almost did it. Damn near their entire B team released an album. Hell Rell, 40 Cal, JR Writer
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    where are they now?

That sounds like over saturation

We'll yeah but he shut down Hip Hop for a good 3 years and has the biggest catalog out of any Hip Hop mogul. the point is that he has the deepest catalog. he'll make a lot of money in the future.

Master P never really cracked the North East market.

He didn't have to.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats the best No limit album that came out in that era other than snoops albums?

Lol Snoop wasn't even a Top 5 rapper in No Limit when he was with them
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »

Never said he was, I said besides snoop cause I already have those albums. Im looking to check the others out
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »

Never said he was, I said besides snoop cause I already have those albums. Im looking to check the others out

Shell Shocked And Street Life are Top 5 No Limits albums. Start with them
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
  • ikey_baby
    ikey_baby Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options
    P had to much control over the product distribution. Plus he spent his own money that's why most them ? got 1 video a album some didn't do videos at all. Dude had a machine that worked like a charm. He paid for promotion, merchandise, studio, videos, pin & pixel did the art work & gave his artist signing bonuses. Record labels will never give somebody that much control. Even though cash money had a better deal universal still had say so on what gets released & obviously they still do. To keep real I don't think over saturation was the overall reason they fell off. Once beats by the pound left everybody else left the sound changed plus cash money brought a fresh new sound.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tru 2 game is also a good one and c murder first album dope too
  • ikey_baby
    Options
    master p didnt profit from that though, he gave his artists all the money...thats why nolimit has no people now because he turnt it into ah real business label that only gave artist ah small percent...

You buggin dude made plenty of money even before the record deal. To say he didn't profit off no limit is just preposterous 75% of ever dollar made during that time boy stop.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause P did what he felt and just kept hitting the market while he was on.........

Other artists were still getting played by the owners of they labels and they couldn't drop albums like that. P gave alot of ? shine doing it that way. Funny thing is, I think that's why they get so much hate till this day is because ? know what he capable of......
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I disagree
    not only that at that time fans was more into following crews not commecial collaborations
    so at that time it was good to keep his crew to keep people on no limit
    I remember it was a time thats all I bought was kats from the No-Limit crew
    wasn't that much into Snoop on No-limit
    I was bumping No Limit artists till that sh*t ran it's course

You let ? rest then it's aight when you come back to listen to it
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unpredictable by mystikal, shell shocked by Mac, give it 2 em raw by soulja slim just to name a few
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options

I've been bumping Ghetto D all week. Its by Master P but its like a Wu Tang album, there's a different rapper on each song. Its hard to tell who's rapping sometimes. In fact I'm pretty sure all of the No Limit albums are like that.

00-master_p-ghetto_d-1997-emg_int_front.jpg
  • ikey_baby
    Options
    ikey_baby wrote: »
    master p didnt profit from that though, he gave his artists all the money...thats why nolimit has no people now because he turnt it into ah real business label that only gave artist ah small percent...

You buggin dude made plenty of money even before the record deal. To say he didn't profit off no limit is just preposterous 75% of ever dollar made during that time boy stop.

master p didnt profit much from his artists...master p got other businesses

Did he tell you this personally I'm just saying. 75% off a gold album do the math even if a dude sells 300,000 its still all profit. A lot of those albums went gold or platinum plus the movies & compilation all profit. Now to keep his artist happy he probably sacrificed a few dollars but no limit grossed to much money at there peak for him not to profit.
  • nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    Everybody on No Limit ate
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was probably the only one with enough clout and credibility to rescue Snoop from Tha Row and maximized his money making potential by having him do straight to video movies.

P was a genius.

On one of the GGN's snoop said P taught him more than anybody else about the business and how to make himself into the brand that he's become now.

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He hasn't released an iPod since last year though.. I'm speaking of Macklemore

Hadn't released an album....? spellcheck

How could spellcheck get iPod from album?

True. I needed a scapegoat. I typed ipod on accident. Didn't think too thoroughly about my mistake.

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has anyone ever came out and spoke against P in terms of business from the time No Limit was at its peak? Seems like there's always one, so I'm curious.