San Antonio Spurs' Danny Green provokes "outrage" with 'Holocaust selfie'

Options
cobbland
cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
San Antonio Spurs' Danny Green provokes outrage with 'Holocaust selfie'
Offensive caption posted with Berlin picture
Green has apologised for any offence he caused

05671385-3bfc-4013-ad58-a05825f3a1fe-460x276.jpeg
Danny Green’s selfie at the Berlin Holocaust memorial, which he captioned “You know I had to do it one time lol #Holocaust”. Photograph: Twitter

San Antonio Spurs shooting guard Danny Green has sparked controversy over an ill-advised caption on a selfie he posted on Wednesday morning.

The Spurs are currently in Berlin to play an exhibition game, and Green took the time to visit the Holocaust Memorial – where he took the selfie, captioned: “You know I had to do it one time lol #Holocaust”.

b2edd339-b28b-4d90-975f-58b32ceec808-460x276.jpeg
Danny Green’s insensitive selfie at Berlin’s Holocaust memorial. Photograph: Twitter

The 27-year-old has since altered the caption to “A lot of history here, more than you could imagine...very sad/tragic things happened #holocaust #berlin” but that has failed to stem the tide of criticism on social media for his ill-thought out words.

Green also sought to diffuse the situation on Twitter with an apology.

The Spurs lost the game to Alba Berlin 94-93, with James McLean scoring at the buzzer, but the NBA champion’s dramatic defeat was overshadowed by the furore surrounding Green – who scored nine points in the match.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/oct/08/san-antonio-spurs-danny-green-holocaust-selfie

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dear world,

I'm sorry too. For all the ? up ? I plan to do.

Sincerely,
    Me
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The world is so damn soft. I don't see anything insensitive bout that. She at Germans. Should of tweeted that ? to go to Ireland and see about lady zee
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in before the anti-Semites devour this thread
    on another note.... the Spurs shoulda never let them win

#BullsNation tho #SeeRed
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    the Germans had 5 US players on the team.

and second......? stay apologizing for something.

but we never get apologies we get excuses

5 US players that play pro in Germany because they didn't make the NBA.
    Spurs shoulda won. But being preseason im sure they didn't try too hard
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    insensitive lightskins i tell ya...
    Pico wrote: »
    PicsArt_1412803227928.jpg

^^^where's the outrage???
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh. White ppl waiting to jump on ? for ? , so they can point the finger back our way. I dont see anything wrong. My ? just used "lol" at the wrong time. He was there obviously to see the site and pay homage so I don't get the outrage.
    ? their feelings.
    Danny Green troll face
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    DannyGreenTrollFace.gif

Yup.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't do anything without provoking outrage these days. I took a ? in the public bathroom and now it stinks, I'm sorry.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol@ #halocust what a ? idiot. They should ban his ass and delete all his content
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Danny better watch out now. The cabal is going to come after him.
    Within in a year he'll be in a scandal.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.Green cool people...he was at the galleria in the H a while back walking around choppin it up with people, acting crazy...nothing fake about him. But i wouldn't of apologized for this tho.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Niggs always breaking weak when its time to stand strong. Never got an apology for slavery but was told to get over it.
    Not that he would care but somebody on twitter should tell him how weak he was for apologizing.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh. White ppl waiting to jump on ? for ? , so they can point the finger back our way. I dont see anything wrong. My ? just used "lol" at the wrong time. He was there obviously to see the site and pay homage so I don't get the outrage.
    ? their feelings.
    Danny Green troll face >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    DannyGreenTrollFace.gif

Lol Damnit. ? you for usin this gif before me.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    has anyone seen the ? memorial....

i would laugh at that ? too.

looks like blocks coming out the ground...an its cold there
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taking a selfie is kinda stupid at a memorial but the outrage is over the top.
    Wouldnt have said ? other than sorry. No explanations or communicating my understanding
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea but 400 years of slavery followed black oppression and police brutality is worse than these kavarian so called jews being killed by their own anti semetic brothers. Israel is not their country, it was given to them because the original Shemites disobeyed ? and the prophets forewarned about the coming invaders from the north thus genocide and expulsion occured to where they fled to Ethiopia with their gods.

Why play woe is me to a black man persecuted from his ancestry far worse than yours for a country that's not yours but bought off the blood of other blacks.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the new OUTRAGE = 'yo people are commentin n ? '
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone copy and paste my post to these anti semetic jews attacking him on twitter.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody hyper sensitive nowadays
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another example of people not knowing their status in life. Youre not john smith from jasper, ohio. You're an. NBA player who is on platform which is exposed to the world everyday. I don't think he meant any malicous intent behind it but he wasn't thinking it through. When are these celebrities gonna learn to use twitter wisely.

#1 the nba is ran by a jew
    #2 yeah, your place of employment is ran by jew

Smarten up man