Phoenix, AZ anybody ever been

Options
pennyda1
pennyda1 Members Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
Moving from Birmingham, AL it was aaight but now I'm on the move to Phoenix what's going in out there!!!

Comments

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dry heat. Enjoy, ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I'm from Phoenix
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that racist ass state
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm currently residing in Phoenix. What questions do you have?
  • pennyda1
    pennyda1 Members Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm currently residing in Phoenix. What questions do you have?

What's the city like!!! How are there women!!
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard they don't believe in martin luther king day or daylights savings time…what's up with that
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah i dont do well in deserts.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obey the speed limits on the highway you've been warned
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In b4 'yo i heard its mad bytches out there!'

No ? !
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've been through there a few times. Finding a good barber is hard. Unless you are bald, I would make that my first mission after settling in if I were to move there.
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing but messicans and child molesters
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's pretty biting unless youre into out doors stuff out here..tons of jobs though... lots of corporation work due to lack of natural disasters ...well atleast in IT field.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alright I'll give you da goat breakdown. If your in your early twenties mill ave is where you need to be, all the ? from ASU roam there, every race so your straight.

South side is considered the ghetto a lot of Mexicans and blacks. Places to eat on the south side; Pete's fish and chips and Gino's pizza.

Looking for maybe a more adult crowd but trying to still have fun westgate is your destination.

Do you hoop?! A lot of good pick up games can be played at desert west park, 67th ave and encanto. You'll be surprised at some of the players there. Don't be a ? though and call fouls on every play or your ass with get laughed out the park.

La fitness gets packed with the hoopers, so a lot of the times it's wack cuz there gyms are packed.

The best spot to go for real polished talent is lifetime fitness in goodyear during the summer. All the D1, D2, D3 talents comes home for the summer and they run pick up full court no cherry picking they play hard on defense and offense. You can really see why these dudes are at the college level cuz they'll be playing till midnight and ? .

Every area has it's "hood" on the Westside it's Marylave. A lot of bomb Mexican food here but beware of places called "Fredricos," stick to filbertos!

Where you moving to? Like street wise?
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Options
    When AZ get a rang holla
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    My two cents as a resident of this city:

GREAT for hiking: Piestewa Peak, Camelback Mountain, nice mountain trails.

Basketball is solid here. I played in a tennis tournament at the village (44th street and camelback) saw Jerryd Bayless train with Frank Johnson so you'll run into local sports celebs (saw a former asu quarterback during a charity walk for autism. If you're into sports, there's a league for you here to play in. Hockey, soccer, basketball, swimming, indoor rock climbing you name it.

There's plenty of socializing to be had here. Beer/wine tasting, mill as the aforementioned stated, hiking groups.

Good food spots: Los reyes de la torta, mariscos playa hermosa, nypd, the habit, the yard, gadzooks, comedor guadalajara, george and dragon english pub, the turf.

Meet a lady here? Spend a weekend driving through Sedona, flagstaff, prescott. You'll be ? that night, guaranteed.

Drive through the 202 freeway. Get off on higley rd, left on germann, right on ellsworth, turns into hwy 87/hunt hwy takes you to san tan valley, eloy. My fellow az residents would be like chitlin, ? that stv aint ? . The drive is what makes it worth it. Driving through gilbert kind of country-ish surrounded by mountains and ? . Check out ak chin resort i've been there. They will expand 202 freeway that will take you to laveen. only 3 hours to rocky point 5 to vegas, 3.5 to laughlin. I heard gold canyon is a nice area.

I'll update this thread periodically when I think of good stuff to add.

• Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    its funny how maryvale is considered "ghetto" but you have places on the southside round south mountain highschool when i was in school that place was lockdowned all the time for fights and ?
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    its funny how maryvale is considered "ghetto" but you have places on the southside round south mountain highschool when i was in school that place was lockdowned all the time for fights and ?

Betty Fairfax in laveen had like half a dozen bomb threats in the past few weeks
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scottsdale and Tempe are great bar areas. Mexican ? out the ass. I was going to live in mesa, phx is cheap as ? . Bars in San Diego charge 12 dollars a drink at bars , u can get the same drink for 6.50. I love phoenix
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only reason to move out here is if your job relocates and is already paying you good money .......
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    My two cents as a resident of this city:

GREAT for hiking: Piestewa Peak, Camelback Mountain, nice mountain trails.

Basketball is solid here. I played in a tennis tournament at the village (44th street and camelback) saw Jerryd Bayless train with Frank Johnson so you'll run into local sports celebs (saw a former asu quarterback during a charity walk for autism. If you're into sports, there's a league for you here to play in. Hockey, soccer, basketball, swimming, indoor rock climbing you name it.

There's plenty of socializing to be had here. Beer/wine tasting, mill as the aforementioned stated, hiking groups.

Good food spots: Los reyes de la torta, mariscos playa hermosa, nypd, the habit, the yard, gadzooks, comedor guadalajara, george and dragon english pub, the turf.

Meet a lady here? Spend a weekend driving through Sedona, flagstaff, prescott. You'll be ? that night, guaranteed.

Drive through the 202 freeway. Get off on higley rd, left on germann, right on ellsworth, turns into hwy 87/hunt hwy takes you to san tan valley, eloy. My fellow az residents would be like chitlin, ? that stv aint ? . The drive is what makes it worth it. Driving through gilbert kind of country-ish surrounded by mountains and ? . Check out ak chin resort i've been there. They will expand 202 freeway that will take you to laveen. only 3 hours to rocky point 5 to vegas, 3.5 to laughlin. I heard gold canyon is a nice area.

I'll update this thread periodically when I think of good stuff to add.