P L A T O N I C O L O G Y

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm pretty laid back with a lotta ? .. but sometimes you gotta be able to see ? for what it is....

i tend to hang out i pretty social settings, and my wife is normally with me, so i have no problems with her engaging in conversations with ? , or even being friendly...i just ain't stupid...

i remember we was at my wife's brother house...lil cookout get together...

everybody spread out over different rooms and the back yard...

i was mostly inside playing video games n ? , my wife was out in the yard and they having one of those battle of the sexes conversations n ? ...her and a few chicks debating some ? with a bunch of the ? there and what not....

so anyways, it's time to go and my wife trying to find her phone.....

and some random ass ? go

"what's the number to it? i'll call it and we can listen for the ring"

i look at this fool...

"my ? ....why would YOU have to call her phone when all her family here who already has her number and can do the same ? !"

no new ? ......
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    i'm pretty laid back with a lotta ? .. but sometimes you gotta be able to see ? for what it is....

i tend to hang out i pretty social settings, and my wife is normally with me, so i have no problems with her engaging in conversations with ? , or even being friendly...i just ain't stupid...

i was mostly inside playing video games n ? , my wife was out in the yard and they having one of those battle of the sexes conversations n ? ...her and a few chicks debating some ? with a bunch of the ? there and what not....

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

"my ? ....why would YOU have to call her phone when all her family here who already has her number and can do the same ? !"

no new ? ......

thats not really a good example..
    thats jus u in ur feelings cause a ? made a pass at ur wife..

they probably thinkin yall swingers or some ? .. cause NO WAY they girl would be talkin to a field.of ? while they ? is there. lol
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

So that begs my original question ~ Would it be naive for a relatively attractive women to assume that not every guy that tried to talk to her was in fact trying to holla at her, or at least optimistic about where things could go?

And additionally, iyo ~ Should a woman in a relationship have even more caution ( or respect, as some may see it ), to the near certainty of new ? wanting more from them?
  • Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you talk to a female friend and the convo ends on a really good note. Almost Ina flirty way, later that night you check Facebook and she uploaded a pic with a seductive look on her face. What you pose to do wit that?...Would you be wrong if you felt that was for you and went a ahead and got at it. How are you in the wrong and seen as not being able to have a mature friendship with women.

I bet your female friends look like G Unit members...

you'd lose that bet

thats ur come back?? lol

Eh...

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

So that begs my original question ~ Would it be naive for a relatively attractive women to assume that not every guy that tried to talk to her was in fact trying to holla at her, or at least optimistic about where things could go?

And additionally, iyo ~ Should a woman in a relationship have even more caution ( or respect, as some may see it ), to the near certainty of new ? wanting more from them?

I see where this is going....haha
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

they probably thinkin yall swingers or some ? .. cause NO WAY they girl would be talkin to a field.of ? while they ? is there. lol

This ? is funny, but it's real though. A lot of ? can't really fathom that your relationship might function different than theirs in that instance. But then again, most people in general are like that, and not just about relationships.
  • Dupac
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

that "where things could go" ? make it seems like she's out there looking for something....
    casual setting conversations, or a friendly relationship with someone at work is understandable.....but when you trying to get to know someone better after initially meeting them, that's not something no one in a relationship should be doing...

so that's why i say no new friends, cuz if you're in a relationship already...there's really no need to actively try to get to know someone of the opposite sex better...

nothing wrong with being being chatty in a social setting or whatever, but that next level ? is unneccesary
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

tumblr_m8x1lkS3wk1qa6z3eo1_500.jpg
  • Dupac
    edited October 2014
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

yea man that ? caught me allll the way off guard....i ain't have no interest in their conversation, it was her and her girls vs them and their dudes...? was a stupid debate to me...

but when that ? offered to call her phone...yea..i almost went there...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

I think anybody in a relationship period should be aware of how their interaction with the opposite sex can come off but not to the point of damn near shunning interaction with them
  • BEAM
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    I see where this is going....haha
    that "where things could go" ? make it seems like she's out there looking for something....
    casual setting conversations, or a friendly relationship with someone at work is understandable.....but when you trying to get to know someone better after initially meeting them, that's not something no one in a relationship should be doing...

so that's why i say no new friends, cuz if you're in a relationship already...there's really no need to actively try to get to know someone of the opposite sex better...

nothing wrong with being being chatty in a social setting or whatever, but that next level ? is unneccesary

To @DWO‌'s point, possibly?

This thread is open ended.

I was counting on hearing views such as his, as well as those expressed by
    @mryounggun‌ as well.

I was also hoping for more femmes to post up as well..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

yea man that ? caught me allll the way off guard....i ain't have no interest in their conversation, it was her and her girls vs them and their dudes...? was a stupid debate to me...

You had a right to though because that ? was a blatant attempt at trying something. Casual interaction and a group convo at a cookout can be just that without there being a "let's ? " follow-up
  • mryounggun
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

This is 75% a legit question and 25% me playing devil's advocate...

How is it different than getting to know a person of the same sex? You got friends that you friends with for whatever reason: common interests, just being like-minded on a lot of ? and have a good time chilling, whatever. Those reasons don't disappear just because a person is of the opposite sex, ya know?
  • Dupac
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

How is it different than getting to know a person of the same sex? You got friends that you friends with for whatever reason: common interests, just being like-minded on a lot of ? and have a good time chilling, whatever. Those reasons don't disappear just because a person is of the opposite sex, ya know?

there's nothing wrong with being cool with someone of the opposite sex,

but if you're trying to get to know them better, like exchanging numbers, planning up to meet where it's just the two of you, or seeing where things could go.......that's something else completely different

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

It's a trap @DWO !
  • mryounggun
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

You had a right to though because that ? was a blatant attempt at trying something. Casual interaction and a group convo at a cookout can be just that without there being a "let's ? " follow-up

A blatant attempt would have been 'Hey, I enjoyed chatting. I know you're married but you should let me call you anyway. Maybe we can link up.'
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

what did u really say?
  • mryounggun
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

but if you're trying to get to know them better, like exchanging numbers, planning up to meet where it's just the two of you, or seeing where things could go.......that's something else completely different

You ain't really answer the question, but cool. Du of president! Lol.
  • Dupac
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

A blatant attempt would have been 'Hey, I enjoyed chatting. I know you're married but you should let me call you anyway. Maybe we can link up.'

or asking for her number to find their phone when their husband, sister, brother, and 2 cousins are all sitting right there..
  • Dupac
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

i did. i clearly said there's nothing wrong with being cool.

it's the extra ? that ventures it into the land of not cool.
  • Dupac
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

what did u really say?

exactly that
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was the guy that females be smashing while another dude that's her friend, who really wants to smash too but can't.
  • BEAM
    Options

So would simply being cool with someone have to be contained within certain settings, as @Trillfate‌ suggested? How would your woman spending lunch / smoke breaks with a platonic opposite-sex friend go over with you? I mean, technically, that's still at work..
  • mryounggun
    Options

and some random ass ? go

i look at this fool...

no new ? ......

My question: How is it different than getting to know a person of the same sex?
    Your answer: ...that's something else completely different

Lol. How's it different, fam?