Pastor that knowingly had AIDS and slept with Church members refused to quit, gives Sunday sermon

Options
Jabu_Rule
Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
screen-shot-2014-10-13-at-2-39-24-pm-cropped.png?w=650

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3M3guu2cro
The last place you would expect Juan McFarland to be on Sunday was at the pulpit.

But that’s exactly where the pastor was, despite recently admitting to church members he had AIDS and slept with church members without revealing his condition.

McFarland is still the pastor at Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church in Montgomery, Alabama. Sunday, McFarland delivered a sermon on “divine healing,” according to WSFA-TV, and confirmed to the station he would not be stepping down.

The video below was uploaded to Shiloh’s YouTube page back in March. The title of the sermon is “I Knew It Was The Blood.”

The church hierarchy voted for McFarland to step down 80-2, following his AIDS admission as well as other troubling actions such as drug use and mishandling church funds.

WSFA reports there were some 50 people in attendance on Sunday, many of whom were not expecting to see McFarland.

The station also reports that McFarland’s health is in visible decline. Longtime Shiloh church member and current deacon Nathan Williams reiterated that parishioners want only to “take the church back,” not to “hurt” McFarland.

McFarland is still listed as Shiloh’s pastor on the church’s official website.

Montgomery attorney Julian McPhillips informed WSFA he is working with church leadership to “finalize” a civil lawsuit, which they will file Tuesday. The suit will include a restraining order to presumably keep McFarland away from church grounds.

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    every time I see this, I think, "how can ppl still b attending this church?"
    who voted against him stepping down?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I love my black people, but ? like this shows why we still have a while to go. People can't be this naive.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is a PASTOR. He is supposed to lead his cheep.

Not surprised.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He refused to quit cause some ? ass church goers refuse to stop listening to em

"? forgives. He's still a man of ? "

? if you don't get that ? out my face, I slap that bird nest you call a hat off your damn wig.

Straight up, I believe in ? , but I don't go to church. And if I was there, I would have told that ? where the ? he needs to go. Cause that exactly where the ? he's heading.

This is what I hate about these punk ass church goers. So ? dumb, passive and easy to hustle. That isn't no man of ? , you got a devil in your household stupid maphuka. Out here ? ? in his church, handing out aids like its those lil bread biscuits and got the nerve to talk about forgiveness on a ? sunday.

This ? ? me off. Church people are so ? weak my ? .
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
    wait, why were people sleeping with the pastor???
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same thing I thought about Eddie Long boy loving ass. People STILL follow him, 100 of thousands.

People need to understand their religion for themselves, and stop glorifying these false idols.