In Yalls "Opinions" Whats

Options
IAmDopeSmoke
IAmDopeSmoke Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in The Reason
Wrong with Hip Hop today? I know and have seen a lot of y'all ? talk and base certain artist etc etc....saying what's wrong with rap so in your opinion what's some of the biggest problems in rap.

Sn: to let y'all know in advice I will be playing devils advocate every now and then

1) Money: I feel like money really fuckd the rap game up cause most rappers have given up there self worth for the common dollar. Sure I understand business is business but is it really worth letting some label exec bend ya over? Is it really worth given up your artistic dream and vision? Like 3Stacks said "u know I ain't never gave a damn bout no money"

2) GateKeepers: I saw what snoop did to Iggy I applauded. I wish this old vets would call this younger cats out on there b.s more often. Sure a rapper can come into the game. But some of the ? this rappers do like thugga thugga is to much and no one speaks on it the fuckery is at a all time high in the rap game.

3: Sensitive Ass ? : I remember when u could diss a rapper with no ? given and it was all good. Now a days ? do more sublime and "diss den apologize later" ? than ever. It use to be u had a problem u put it in a rap and spit back and forth to see who's the best MC. But now a days dis ? rather hop on twitter and whine like hoes who ain't get they child support check yet. I know nobody wants another 2pac/Biggie incident but ? damn this ? act like they can't name names in raps

After Thought: Also Name Some Ways We As Fans or Rappers Could Fix Hip Hop We Live In The Age Of Technology If Enough People @ This Rappers On Twitter I'm Sure We Could Get Some Type Of Movement/Response Even If It's Just From A Bunch Of I.C Folks Speaking Out..... It Takes One Spark To Start A Fire Folks

Comments

• IAmDopeSmoke
    Options
    Wow I slick thought this thread would get interesting since so many of y'all like to talk abt what's wrong with rap but oh well on to another thread
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it makes you feel better OP, I agree with most of the points raised in the original post.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Wow I slick thought this thread would get interesting since so many of y'all like to talk abt what's wrong with rap but oh well on to another thread

It's Saturday night
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the people always talking about whats wrong
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    Options
    Tru it is a Saturday night...why tf am I on the I.C I need a life
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A whole lot of posters in the reason
  • VidaStarr
    VidaStarr Members Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing that wasnt wrong since the beginning or wrong in larger society
  • VidaStarr
    VidaStarr Members Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    Options

Most ppl post on message boards or groups from work.

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    demand for immediate success
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited October 2014
    Options
    negative attitude toward underground and up and coming rappers

this makes way for the cookie cutter recipe

whether people can necessarily tell I feel it hurts the quality
    and gets redundant

labels don't care what it looks like any way the people they target are new to Hip Hop
    it's just like dude said it all about getting the quick buck

it helps in the short term but many times takes away long term
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For me as a hip hop fan and since I've gotten older, I get to look and choose what I want to listen to. I don't listen to the radio or watch videos on tv so idk what's necessarily hot. The money did a lot of damage to what's out now but as a fan you have the power more so than ever because you pick what you want to listen to. Granted I'd like to see underground artists get more shine but they have more creative control and can make more money in the long run by staying true to themselves and their fans.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Gorilla im glad that u switched your style up and stopped making whining threads. But u need a hobby bruh.

Anyways I agree with the thread.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wrong with Hip Hop today?

In my "opinion"?

Absolutely nothing

Separate the wheat from the chaff as an individual; that's the best you can do as an outsider
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ? not writing their own raps and artists not trying to differentiate themselves from the next ? musically. However, I must say that latter part of my statement might be specious at best. When did ? ever try to differentiate themselves from the next ? musically. If dudes were trying to sound different then James Brown wouldn't be the most sampled artist of all time.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? not writing their own raps and artists not trying to differentiate themselves from the next ? musically. However, I much say that latter part of my statement might be specious at best because when did ? ever try to differentiate themselves from the next ? musically. If dudes were trying to sound different then James Brown wouldn't be the most sampled artist of all time.

Hood ? are tryna eat out here, b

? will always follow trends and music that's easily digestible. It's not the 80s or 90s anymore. ..
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The "let me make a hot song" attitude. There's little regard for crafting albums now. It's not only the rappers, but the producers too. The "hot producers" would lace the "hot rapper" with a "hot album". They weren't just creating singles, but rappers got that one producer for multiple album cuts or just let that one producer helm the album.
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited October 2014
    Options
    just throwing sh*t together
    features that don't blend

lack of competition
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's wrong is, us people who are over 35, are debating too much with the young people because we all grew up with hiphop in our own ways with different eras. Its not normal for someone 38 to debate with someone 20 over hiphop. we shouldnt even be talking to each other on the topic. But because of hiphop and the internet, we're all here at the same time. because radio/video stations dont play old school music in blocks longer than an hour, we old heads are stuck complaining.

A classic hip hop channel on local radio will clear all that up. I would love to listen to a local radio station that played rap thats 15 years old and older. like backspin on sirius. classic rock stations. classic r&b stations. Where's my classic hiphop? the old fan base is still here. we aint dead. hell, baby boomers are still here. hippies of the 60's still here.

? .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In response to the OP this whole gatekeepers thing is ? and something the IC spends too much damn time on. If white folk wanna rap and cater to pop fans who the ? cares. And most of them won't be around next year and if they are so what? ? so quick to down a macklemore or an Iggy?

What we should be doing is questioning why black artists of more diverse ways of life don't get the same promo major labels. Why cant a teenagers who may be as conscious as Tribe or any Zulu nation member get just as much push as a ? like chief keef? While you can check via mixtapes and the internet for a wider array of artists the fact most black artists that have to be mainstream have such a narrow path than any time before is a concern.