• Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyway I think someone might have got it ? up Xavier out for preseason

That's what I saw but I thought you had an inside source or something

• Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers will be good money to bet on all year.

They will steal some wins

Prob always stay under the over under since they are allergic to 3s

But will be favorited or dramatically less under dogs if kobe is healthy.

Bout to ride this ship to some gambling wins.

Nothing beats Boston in the lockout year on those back to back to backs, I ate off that season. #gamblingexcellence
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm ready to see what my Lakers do this year
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    Watching Backstage: Lakers and it's great to see that Scott has Big Game coming in and working w/ the bigs on footwork and post moves on a regular basis.
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good riddance to Nash, I'll forget he ever was a Laker in a couple years. I swear he's played less than 50 games for us in his time here.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Nash out for the year...which one of y'all still calling playoffs?

I don't think anyone who was "calling playoffs" was counting on Nash being a big factor.

• Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Rip Nash, sad way for a great career to end.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP Nash wish he could have been healthy with us for at least one year
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    Good riddance to Nash, I'll forget he ever was a Laker in a couple years. I swear he's played less than 50 games for us in his time here.

This. Waste of time, money, and a roster spot.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Nash will have a great last season on his way out.

#boldprediction

Lol
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Lin will have his best season ever..
    Randle will flourish
    Kobe will be as he was when he wasnt dunking for a few years when was that 2009-2011... Kobe-ish

I Hope Scott doesnt get into a wtf why you not playing him rotation its happened the last few years
  • playmaker88
    Options
    He'll average between 6 and 7.. Im really lookin to see who we have as shooters who is gonna show up cuz them kick out out of the double teams are coming and I WANT 3's (makes)
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    Nash out for the year...which one of y'all still calling playoffs?

I don't think anyone who was "calling playoffs" was counting on Nash being a big factor.

I recall some very optimistic people speaking on Nash.

I will be polite and say that those people were being unrealistic.

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really want the Kobe back that dropped like 9 assists a game during that 2 week stretch where he missed a triple double by 1 assist like 5 times in a row and wasn't forcing shots.

Huge nosign, that's not Kobe's natural style of play at all. He's not a point guard by any stretch of the imagination. He's not even close to prime efficiency in that mode.

Kobe needs to do what he's been training to do ever since he joined the league, get buckets. He needs to put enough pressure on the defense to where he commands a double team. That's all that should be required of him at this point in his career.

No one wants to see Kobe on his struggle point guard ? .
  • playmaker88
    Options
    I really want the Kobe back that dropped like 9 assists a game during that 2 week stretch where he missed a triple double by 1 assist like 5 times in a row and wasn't forcing shots.

Huge nosign, that's not Kobe's natural style of play at all. He's not a point guard by any stretch of the imagination. He's not even close to prime efficiency in that mode.

Kobe needs to do what he's been training to do ever since he joined the league, get buckets. He needs to put enough pressure on the defense to where he commands a double team. That's all that should be required of him at this point in his career.

No one wants to see Kobe on his struggle point guard ? .

Him overpassing and forcing the issue no but.. uh he has facilitated his whole career its something he can do with ease and saying he just scores buckets just aids the idiots that says that all he does.. He passed too much to a fault sometimes trying to appease dwight but hes always been an all around player..
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Him overpassing and forcing the issue no but.. uh he has facilitated his whole career its something he can do with ease and saying he just scores buckets just aids the idiots that says that all he does.. He passed too much to a fault sometimes trying to appease dwight but hes always been an all around player..

His game starts with scoring first, then when the defense cheats or completely commits (double team) he kicks it to the open guy or the guy in motion to keep them honest. If he can't score efficiently, none of that facilitating ? works.

He's a scorer at heart. He just has an high enough basketball IQ to know how to read the defense in terms of man to man coverage and team coverage.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima need Julius Randle to go right sometimes the league gone take that left from u soon enuff
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was a good read. We'll see how Wes looks after a summer doing some training with Kobe. He's been so so in preseason he's been less hesitant letting go his shot I'll say that.
  • bumperboy1
    bumperboy1 Members Posts: 8
    Options
    this lakers team reminds me of the 2008 lakers when everyone thought they were just a mediocre team and then they ended up in the finals against boston
  • bumperboy1
    bumperboy1 Members Posts: 8
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Meeks tells a story from the first day of training camp a couple of years ago that exemplifies Bryant’s legendary work ethic, and says he’s ready to give the Pistons his all. Per the Detroit Free Press:

“Practice was at 11, we had to be there at 10. Well, I wanted to get there at 10,” Meeks said. “(Kobe) was already there fully dressed and sweating. I got to the locker room at 9:30, got on the court at 10, and he had been there an hour and a half working on stuff.

“I was like, ‘Man, it is true.’ This guy is working like this and at the time he was 34 years old. He felt like he still had a lot to prove, and he was still trying to prove people wrong. I was like, ‘Man, great player.’ ”

“I feel like I learned a lot from him as far as the mental aspect of the game,” Meeks said of Bryant. “It’s encouraging to me because here’s probably the second greatest shooting guard ever (Michael Jordan No. 1) putting in this type of work, then I should be putting in work like that. I’m still trying to get to my peak and still trying to get to my prime, so I need to work just as hard or even harder to get there. He’s outworking everybody. […] “No matter if he was sick or hurt or injured, he never made excuses. He just kept working hard. He got better, and you see where he’s at.”

kobe is the greatest shooting guard to ever play the game...period!!
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2014
    Options
    bumperboy1 wrote: »
    this lakers team reminds me of the 2008 lakers when everyone thought they were just a mediocre team and then they ended up in the finals against boston

uhhhhhhhh....

Cs so many things wrong with this post kobe is 6 years older and probably 70% at best if what he was then.. with age and injury .. we havent played one game up and down the roster we might be better Might but Kobe aint that Kobe and Pau aint gonna walk through that door and sure up what we did prior to him being there
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Is that Kendall Marshall

He aint even on the team anymore...

Nick cant get back soon enough.. spacing is terrible
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Henry looks terrible
This discussion has been closed.