Bobby Shmurda Performing In Front Of White Music Executives

Options

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rap is psychological warfare on blacks. and this is proof. this is the reason only the most niggerish, self hating, talentless rappers blow up. word to migos, young thug, and damn near every other trash rapper on the radio
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    interesting points being brought up in here
    in bobbys eye he is not debasing himself he is just doing what he would be doing normally, but doing it on a large scale
    i'm not saying what he is doing is positive
    but when those "? " werent around white ppl they were not behaving the way they portrayed for money
    whether bobby is or is not around whites, he is not changing his act to make whites happy

but this is not cooning

Playing off this lil bit right here, I just realized these dudes are the real monkeys, puppets and ? lol

The fact of the matter is that he himself is a ? that just likes to "shuck and jive", whether it be for mexicans like Max, blacks, asians, or whites, like half the posters in the thread...who he is shucking and jiving for means nothing to him, nor does monetary gain, he used to shuck and jive on the block for free lmao

But in these ? eyes, since they feel inferior to whites, wouldve rather Bobby conform to how they feel blacks should act in the presence of their masters, which means that they speak proper, use no slang, pull their pants to their navels, no finger guns, no shmoney dance, no 2 step, and show all their teeth when ? crakcs an unfunny joke....how dare Bobby be himself and act the same way he does on 95th with all the locs, in a Manhattan boardroom with music execs!!! Ohhhhh, noooooo, what a crying shame lol...sad.

What's sad is the fact that you're allegedly a grown man, yet you're a Bobby Shmurda zealot.

If you have a significant other, I'd hope you'd defend her with as much passion and fervor as you do for another man.
    I get on him for his bobby schmundelz act. But here he has a point. This is not cooning, this is more a reflection of you guys embarrassed at bobby "behaving ? -ishly" in the confines of a nice otherwise quiet office building.

Same thing..
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In fact when I think about it:

Lyricism has always to me been the defense for hip hop.

I dont think anyone would deny that hip hop can be low brow, lazy, repetitive, and catering to the lowest denominator.

BUt ? you find me an average person on the street, regardless of race, who can make an entire body of work like say "Ready to Die". To be able to do something so easy as "rhythmically talking to a musical backdrop" and conveying the range of emotions, asides, similes, and metaphors, takes great talent.

To disregard these elements is IMO validating every criticism people can have about our culture.

Fine, they were gonna criticize anyway.

But we gotta stop being okay with not having standards for this ? .

I agree!

Conversely, Bobby is from the streets, now he's in a corporate boardroom having fun. There's something to be said for that. Critical thought and social context is missing from a lot of these posts. I think his ? is wack, but that doesn't make him whatever people think he is; it makes him wack. People will discredit him by saying he's a flash in the pan, then turn around and say he's destroying hip hop. If you're waiting for majors to give you that carefully prepared slow cooked version of hip hop instead of fast food hip hop, that's your problem. You should know better(not you specifically), as there is no evidence to support the idea that it will happen.

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Also that NY lost ? is getting old. You ? are not advanced enough to have an opinion on whats happening in the East. Furthermore, if you're from the south, your ilk is out here wearing dresses and kissing men. Your biggest record label is a homosexual glee club. You lose every time someone posts a photo of Gucci with an ice cream tattoo on his face, every time you listen to crime mob and ignore one of those bammas was ? his 6 yr. old brother, every time Stitches gets a view on youtube, and every time a photo of Tiny is posted as she completes her transformation into Voldemort.

Atleast Bobby didn't ? his ? drawers.

Stop that ? B!
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    in bobbys eye he is not debasing himself he is just doing what he would be doing normally, but doing it on a large scale
    but when those "? " werent around white ppl they were not behaving the way they portrayed for money
    whether bobby is or is not around whites, he is not changing his act to make whites happy

but this is not cooning

Playing off this lil bit right here, I just realized these dudes are the real monkeys, puppets and ? lol

The fact of the matter is that he himself is a ? that just likes to "shuck and jive", whether it be for mexicans like Max, blacks, asians, or whites, like half the posters in the thread...who he is shucking and jiving for means nothing to him, nor does monetary gain, he used to shuck and jive on the block for free lmao

But in these ? eyes, since they feel inferior to whites, wouldve rather Bobby conform to how they feel blacks should act in the presence of their masters, which means that they speak proper, use no slang, pull their pants to their navels, no finger guns, no shmoney dance, no 2 step, and show all their teeth when ? crakcs an unfunny joke....how dare Bobby be himself and act the same way he does on 95th with all the locs, in a Manhattan boardroom with music execs!!! Ohhhhh, noooooo, what a crying shame lol...sad.

What's sad is the fact that you're allegedly a grown man, yet you're a Bobby Shmurda zealot.

If you have a significant other, I'd hope you'd defend her with as much passion and fervor as you do for another man.
    I get on him for his bobby schmundelz act. But here he has a point. This is not cooning, this is more a reflection of you guys embarrassed at bobby "behaving ? -ishly" in the confines of a nice otherwise quiet office building.

Same thing..

Not at all

Cooning by definition Is behavior that is purposefully demeaning yourself for the entertainment of whites

Being an uncouth "? " just cuz that's how you really act, is
    Definitely not the same thing

You guys conflate the two, but its nut the same
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    KillaCham wrote: »
    rjiedh.jpg
    tumblr_n1tzjkJhxw1qk6zdio1_500.gif

don't act like your girl nikki don't be cooning

nicki%20minaj%20eats%20turkey%20615%20ap%20images.jpg

Man wtf is this ? ?

N damn thats some big Ass chicken

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Where was the outcry when the instagram n pics were first posted in the chasing bundles bobby signs for a 2 million dollar deal a month ago? Did the thread title make yall wake up to whats going on a month later? Dont make me rebump that ? ...

There were that disagreed then. I know because I was one of them lol
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I been avoiding these Bobby Schmurda threads like the plague, but now I'm just gonna say it... son is a plant. I worked near East Flatbush for almost a year, in the exact same building the Flatbush Zombies used to live. I never once heard of Bobby Schmurda or GS9 before the past few months. I heard more from underground rappers with less buzz than this cat. Them ? was not havin Brooklyn goin crazy as advertised, this is all label schemes. Not hatin on the dude, I actually like his energy and am proud of a fellow Brooklyn cat puttin on... but when your mother manages you, you are a product of the industry, word to Bow Wow.

Now, as far as if this is coonery or not... obviously us Black folks gotta think of the bottom line for our future's sake regardless of the means. It is just music after all, nothing to be goin crazy over. I don't really look at what the media portrays to understand what's going on in MY world. Schmurda represents a very small demographic of otherwise intelligent young Black men with infinite potential. However he makes his money is his business.

But this thing goes deeper than rap or whatever money is involved. It's the same problem we had in the golden era, the same problem we had since we came to this country in chains. We have been indoctrinated by our environment to the point we think ? like this is OK, not realizing the effects of it. Peoples are defined by their culture, and we are losing more control of our culture as time goes by, look at what gets play in the mainstream. These rappers are supposed to be representations of us, and people that don't understand us are buying into it. This has very little to do with Schmurda and more so to do with the machine that's pushing him... which is why I gotta stress that dude is a plant.

/thread.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Whats gona be the excuse when he sells 23 k

That he has more money than u, gets more ? , and that u would trade ur life for his.

Rapper that flopped >>> unemployed internet poster

Facts.

Ur 38 #fact

I get more ? than u #fact

You sit at home all day writing titans bcuz ur shook of some BK crips #fact

Sad
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I been avoiding these Bobby Schmurda threads like the plague, but now I'm just gonna say it... son is a plant. I worked near East Flatbush for almost a year, in the exact same building the Flatbush Zombies used to live. I never once heard of Bobby Schmurda or GS9 before the past few months. I heard more from underground rappers with less buzz than this cat. Them ? was not havin Brooklyn goin crazy as advertised, this is all label schemes. Not hatin on the dude, I actually like his energy and am proud of a fellow Brooklyn cat puttin on... but when your mother manages you, you are a product of the industry, word to Bow Wow.

Now, as far as if this is coonery or not... obviously us Black folks gotta think of the bottom line for our future's sake regardless of the means. It is just music after all, nothing to be goin crazy over. I don't really look at what the media portrays to understand what's going on in MY world. Schmurda represents a very small demographic of otherwise intelligent young Black men with infinite potential. However he makes his money is his business.

But this thing goes deeper than rap or whatever money is involved. It's the same problem we had in the golden era, the same problem we had since we came to this country in chains. We have been indoctrinated by our environment to the point we think ? like this is OK, not realizing the effects of it. Peoples are defined by their culture, and we are losing more control of our culture as time goes by, look at what gets play in the mainstream. These rappers are supposed to be representations of us, and people that don't understand us are buying into it. This has very little to do with Schmurda and more so to do with the machine that's pushing him... which is why I gotta stress that dude is a plant.

Yeah. This is what I meant when I said "someone probably could word it better"
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    0xNLb5e.jpg

Clean shirt ? its icy white (peep the collar)...now look at his ears, look at em..."canary burgundy, I call em lemonheads, gemstones, flintstones u could say im friends wit Fred"...Polo hat, Polo hoody, Polo white tee, shiiittt, I been had Polo....now look at the Moncler vest (google Moncler and quote the prices u see lol)

And most importantly he doesnt look like a ? herb (and he's handsome if I may say so myself), unlike the rest of the posters in the thread.....oh, and he doesnt look 38...word.
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, and how could I forget...Ah Ahh Ahhh!!!!
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flatbush Zombies>>>>>>>

But bobby shmurda is/was big around the whole tristate
    @labbaby
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody know where I can find the vid at now I was late?
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ummm you guys do know that it is standard for artists to perform for the executives of the record label, walmart, etc...so that they know what the product is, right? jay-z, beyonce, t.i. rhianna, madonna, they all do this ? . young jeezy sits in a room just like this and performs his whole album. it's essentially a live performance of the album. this is in addition to the album release party and alla that. if you gonna have the company put money, marketing, etc behind something, they have to see it.

this is standard industry practice, not just rap...any group. rock bands, pop bands, etc do it too.

This. I thought it was standard protocol that unsigned artists had to be willing to perform at a moment's notice. The problem y'all seem to have is, he's dancing, but you guys are ignoring that he's a dancing ass ? . That's his niche. That's part of what he wanted to sell to the labels, it's what his team feels separates him from the rest of the newer guys.

... Some of the reactions in here remind me of when black people try not to eat chicken or watermelon in front of non-black people. ? all that. Do you.
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think everyone blew this out of proportion.

Bobby was happy he got signed and was hyped up performing his song, I saw nothing wrong on his part. The only thing that bothered me is the fact that most the execs in there are white with most of the talent being black. But you're all are tearing the guy down for dancing to his own song, let him be and let him learn for himself. None of you are any better.

Never seen so much hate in a thread ever, yall reaching so hard. I woulda danced like that too, doesn't mean I'm not educated, it just means I was having a good ass time and was feeling the vibe.

By the way that song goes hard AF.
  • blackdemo
    Options
    but if we gonna get real with it
    the "cooning" you guys keep on showing, the actors/dancers were getting paid 2-3 bucks and a can of sardines
    bobby getting paid bread and enough to take his self out of poverty
    cooning was a whole other thing of debasing yourself just to make a buck
    that is the main difference between what you guys keep putting up as ? dancing or something like james brown, or michael jackson
    just because someone is tap dancing doesn't mean it is cooning
    there is nothing "? " about what bobby is doing
    now you guys might have other issues with it, particularly the content of what he is saying and the seemingly lack of understanding in the majority white boardroom that is looking at him and seeing dollar signs without a care for the type of enviornment or society he grows up in
    but that is not the same as someone cooning
    if you guys going to throw around the words at least know what they mean
    when mase says "i was murder, p diddy made me pretty, we did it for the money now can you get with me"
    that is more indicitive of ? behavior than what bobby is doing in this clip
    like i said you may have many issues with how its going down
    but this is not cooning

CO-SIGN.

Lol everyone in this thread trying to be educated and can't even comprehend whats going on. I wont even flex, I'm just watching yall.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I understand how this can be a turnoff...But on a serious note how is this any different than him performing this in a majority white concert? (which happens often) is it the intimacy that makes it ? up? If so why?

? , how is this different than athletic combines? Or pro sports period?

I understand there are a lot of white boys, n non blacks period puggybackin off jokes and jus saying what they think should be said, but to the black ppl ; where does the line get drawn?

Because he dont have a mic, isnt spittin and they are in an office... Cmon man just look at that, it aint ordinary bruh

All the other things you mentioned are also exploitation but people love to watch that, these execs besides a handful, obviously give no ? about anything going on here, its just lunchtime entertainment. I dont care how much someone pays you, have some self respect man.

Ol' "i'd take a ? part if the money right" ass ? , the ? out here
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    I think everyone blew this out of proportion.

Bobby was happy he got signed and was hyped up performing his song, I saw nothing wrong on his part. The only thing that bothered me is the fact that most the execs in there are white with most of the talent being black. But you're all are tearing the guy down for dancing to his own song, let him be and let him learn for himself. None of you are any better.

Never seen so much hate in a thread ever, yall reaching so hard. I woulda danced like that too, doesn't mean I'm not educated, it just means I was having a good ass time and was feeling the vibe.

By the way that song goes hard AF.

You must be new here lol
  • blackdemo
    Options
    ummm you guys do know that it is standard for artists to perform for the executives of the record label, walmart, etc...so that they know what the product is, right? jay-z, beyonce, t.i. rhianna, madonna, they all do this ? . young jeezy sits in a room just like this and performs his whole album. it's essentially a live performance of the album. this is in addition to the album release party and alla that. if you gonna have the company put money, marketing, etc behind something, they have to see it.

this is standard industry practice, not just rap...any group. rock bands, pop bands, etc do it too.

This. I thought it was standard protocol that unsigned artists had to be willing to perform at a moment's notice. The problem y'all seem to have is, he's dancing, but you guys are ignoring that he's a dancing ass ? . That's his niche. That's part of what he wanted to sell to the labels, it's what his team feels separates him from the rest of the newer guys.

... Some of the reactions in here remind me of when black people try not to eat chicken or watermelon in front of non-black people. ? all that. Do you.

Co-sign. /thread. The IC full of WATCHERS and ENVIOUS people, if you so high and mighty go and do it yourself...I'll wait

I'm in the game cause I'd rather play then be on the bleachers putting people down, you have no idea what it's like to do something on a high scale, your opinion is irrelevant if your putting another black man down for doing him. Who you to judge? What you doing? Oh you got a degree? FOH.

Let that boy eat.