What's The Most Money You Spent In 1 Month? (On Entertainment)

Options

Comments

• Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    im a electronic/car stereo junkie. a couple years ago I went on vacation, hooked up my car, and hooked up the living room with home theater. I spent bout$5k. I had save up for it tho

word!

I spend a few g's on my car stereo system too! And to get it stolen at that smh.. Eventually I had to replace it and purchase an entire new system.. I did this a few times smh.. Untill I purchased lifetime warranty..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    word!

I spend a few g's on my car stereo system too! And to get it stolen at that smh.. Eventually I had to replace it and purchase an entire new system.. I did this a few times smh.. Untill I purchased lifetime warranty..

car insurance should cover it tho. I know allstate does. what all u had in the car?
  • Tupacfan
    edited June 2010
    Options
    car insurance should cover it tho. I know allstate does. what all u had in the car?

Yea I didnt have car insurance at that time.

I had all my collection that I had mention earlier.. My amp, my 12inch speakers with the boxes, my car stereo.. My alarm system.. ? they ripped out everything, even my rims! Smh..
  • aneed123
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yea I didnt have car insurance at that time.

I had all my collection that I had mention earlier.. My amp, my 12inch speakers with the boxes, my car stereo.. My alarm system.. ? they ripped out everything, even my rims! Smh..

I know u was sick.... I put a 7inch screen in dash, replaced all the factory speakers and amped them up, and put 2 12's. I wanted more sound quality than beat so I used JBLS.
  • Tupacfan
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I know u was sick.... I put a 7inch screen in dash, replaced all the factory speakers and amped them up, and put 2 12's. I wanted more sound quality than beat so I used JBLS.

I know my ? was sick! That's why it got jacked.. Now everytime I roll into the neighbohoods, I turn off the amp, and lower my volume LOL. Plus now I got GPS installed on everything..

You got 2 12's! So do I! the JBLS is nice for the beat like you mention.. I've had that the first time around.. I'm more cautious now tho.. Plus Im getting an upgrade on the ride. They say the roomy the vehicle is, the better the sound quality is.. Is there some truth to that?? i'd like to know because this new whip gotta go with my car system.. I can't fit nothing in my trunk because my system takes all the room up.. And my amp get really really hot, I think I'm gon need to replace that.. What would you recommend??
  • Tupacfan
    edited June 2010
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    this summer i need to go on vacation and sprnd some money cuz i never do. i grew up so poor, i always feel guilty spending money. i mean it's really bad. even if it's like $5 i debate like "do i really need this". when i was in college and strugglin it was good, but even now that i'm makin more money i still don't spend money like that. do clothes count aas entertainment?

girl I was the same! Grew up with only 1 pair of sneakers literally! And alwayss eating in soup lines at the churches.. And sleeping in homeless shealters.. My next meal was more important than buying what's new..

Eventually I came up and now that I have money and plenty of investment accounts, I don't debate on what I'm gon buy or weigh in if I really need it.. I say if you have the money, priorities taken care of, you shouldn't punish yourself from spending a lil summin on yourself, on your hobbies so go spend a few g's on bunch of nice outfits or a whole new wardrobe.. Go all out girl.. You deserve it!
  • aneed123
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I know my ? was sick! That's why it got jacked.. Now everytime I roll into the neighbohoods, I turn off the amp, and lower my volume LOL. Plus now I got GPS installed on everything..

You got 2 12's! So do I! the JBLS is nice for the beat like you mention.. I've had that the first time around.. I'm more cautious now tho.. Plus Im getting an upgrade on the ride. They say the roomy the vehicle is, the better the sound quality is.. Is there some truth to that?? i'd like to know because this new whip gotta go with my car system.. I can't fit nothing in my trunk because my system takes all the room up.. And my amp get really really hot, I think I'm gon need to replace that.. What would you recommend??

who/how was ur system installed? also are ur subs more powerful than ur amp? u got a ported box or a regular box? I recommend to anyone with subs to replace the factory speaks and amp them up too. It makes a hell of a difference
  • aneed123
    edited June 2010
    Options
    thanks ? . you know everyone has such a stereotype that women spend money like crazy. some of us are real good with it.

aint nothing wrong with buying something you want as long as bills are paid at home and u budget. whenever I buy something big I probably been saving for it for a minute. just dont use credit to bs stuff like that thats where folk ? up
  • Tupacfan
    edited June 2010
    Options
    who/how was ur system installed? also are ur subs more powerful than ur amp? u got a ported box or a regular box? I recommend to anyone with subs to replace the factory speaks and amp them up too. It makes a hell of a difference

my system was installed at the audio shop!

Basically I got the regular box, and my amp is pwerful than my subs I think.. I had replaced the factory speakers too..

Yea, I don't be installing these audio equipment, I'm a girl I'll watch and take note LOL.

Thing is my amp gets hot, and when it does, it sounds like my speakers had been blown out, but once it cools down its sounding nice again.. People say I need a new amp.. Idk..
  • aneed123
    edited June 2010
    Options
    my system was installed at the audio shop!

Basically I got the regular box, and my amp is pwerful than my subs I think.. I had replaced the factory speakers too..

Yea, I don't be installing these audio equipment, I'm a girl I'll watch and take note LOL.

Thing is my amp gets hot, and when it does, it sounds like my speakers had been blown out, but once it cools down its sounding nice again.. People say I need a new amp.. Idk..

u may need a new amp or u may need to turn it down. go to the shop and have em look at it. I didnt know u were a female all this time lol.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i wanna say bout 10 -12k easily, me n my shortie lost it over the last mon
  • Tupacfan
    edited June 2010
    Options
    thanks ? . you know everyone has such a stereotype that women spend money like crazy. some of us are real good with it.

Your welcome!

Yea that's what we hear often sterotypes that were shoppaolics.. indeed some of us can manage our books right. I dint learn till I majored in finance..
  • Tupacfan
    edited June 2010
    Options
    u may need a new amp or u may need to turn it down. go to the shop and have em look at it. I didnt know u were a female all this time lol.

yea I think I'm gon need to take into the shop, imma wait till I cop this new whip.. I wanted a car soo bad the jag xf, but I think I'm gon need something roomy for my audio system..

Yea, I'm a female.. Theirs also another male poster that goes by the name of tupacfan35 but he's a male, he came up with it after I created mines..

Anyways thanks for your suggestions! Preciate that..
  • aneed123
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yea I think I'm gon need to take into the shop, imma wait till I cop this new whip.. I wanted a car soo bad the jag xf, but I think I'm gon need something roomy for my audio system..

Yea, I'm a female.. Theirs also another male poster that goes by the name of tupacfan35 but he's a male, he came up with it after I created mines..

Anyways thanks for your suggestions! Preciate that..

if its not enough room maybe a smaller box and get the amp mounted on the box. maybe get some 10's?
  • Tupacfan
    edited June 2010
    Options
    if its not enough room maybe a smaller box and get the amp mounted on the box. maybe get some 10's?

I acutally have the amp mounted on the box right now, and me being that i love to hear my music loud and clear.. a 10?? I'm gon def have to reconsider the car I wanna purchase lol. The 10 doesn't sound bad tho, for an economical car.
  • betterthenu84
    betterthenu84 Members Posts: 861
    edited June 2010
    Options
    $21K smh I cried at the end of the month when my balance was at $100 I didn't know what to do.
  • aneed123
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I acutally have the amp mounted on the box right now, and me being that i love to hear my music loud and clear.. a 10?? I'm gon def have to reconsider the car I wanna purchase lol. The 10 doesn't sound bad tho, for an economical car.

2 10"s or 3 10's... the box will be smaller and u still will have beat
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Does hunting and fishing count for entertainment. What about vacas?
  • Tupacfan
    edited June 2010
    Options
    2 10"s or 3 10's... the box will be smaller and u still will have beat

I just might just might consider that..

thanx again for ur suggestions!
  • Tupacfan
    edited June 2010
    Options
    $21K smh I cried at the end of the month when my balance was at $100 I didn't know what to do.

what did you spent it on??
  • drunkenone
    drunkenone Members Posts: 173
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Probably like $500
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    what did you spent it on??

No ? .... Damn Ms. Better...
  • skipmatic
    skipmatic Members Posts: 13
    edited June 2010
    Options

I need to understand how this is possible... EXPLAIN PLEASE!
  • john581
    john581 Members Posts: 75
    Options
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options