Shocking Hip Hop Stories That Nobody Talks About Now...

Options

Comments

• gamezpog
    gamezpog Members Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The Roots were initially called- Square Roots
  • gamezpog
    Options
    When Big Daddy Kane lost a battle against - AJ Fresh from South Philly
  • gamezpog
    Options
    Mike Knox stole Gunplay and stole his chain.. and gave it to 50 cent to flaunt around with it.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gamezpog wrote: »
    WHEN MELLE MEL GOT KNOCKED OUT BY WILLIE D!!!

Willie D a trained boxer, wasn't nobody that night seeing him with the hands.

Same event, Sticky Fingaz got dropped by a rock n roll kat
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Big Daddy Kane lost a battle against - AJ Fresh from South Philly

Nah Kane bodied him. And his name was Jazz Fresh.
  • gamezpog
    Options
    Yes.. Jazz Fresh. I stand corrected!
  • ikey_baby
    ikey_baby Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options
    Jeezy and his bodyguards & crew beat up torch from ccc at a club in ny which is why ross tried to choke him at bet awards.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Here is one from back in the day

I was working at a warehouse about 30 mins outta LA back in the day and my co-worker`s brother was doing security at the second annual source awards. Anyways among alotta other crazy confrontations that night he told us Mack 10 and Nas suppositly got into some kinda verbal confrontation that Fat Joe who was cool with both of them had to intervene. I thought that was an odd two rappers to get into it when i was told the story but apparently it was a whole lot going on that first year of the source awards in Los Angeles. You know an award show is off the chain if Mack vs Nas is a minor mere footnote of a story

Was it around the time Belly came out? Might have something to do with TBoz

Well Belly came out in 1998 and the Source awards was in 2000 so I guess it coulda been something.

Seems like yall ? forgetting Source Awards 1999. That ? probably had the best performance line up of them all IMO. That was the first one in LA, before the one in 2000. The 2000 one is the one where alot of confrontation happened before (ie. DJ Quik getting wrongfully arrested and handled by police cuz they thought he was someone else), during the show (the fights we saw & can be seen on Youtube), Death Row running up on stage on Snoop & nem and the whole thing.

Source 99 was banging though. Only wished Pun & Jay would've showed up and get a performance. Seems like Jay didnt appear and i dont know about Pun.

But 99 hadd Ruff Ryders, Dungeon Family, Lauryn Hill, Busta & Flipmode, Snoop + Nate + Xzibit, Nas + Puff, Hot Boys, No Limit etc

you`re absolutely right. I dont know why i be forgetting about that one.

The Nas Mack 10 thing coulda picked up steam at either one then but ol boy told us specifically told us the the 2000 one.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cents wanted to sign Gillie right after he was released from prison, but according to my sources, his manager (a female) allegedly messed up the deal.

Naw… 50 bailed gill out… but 50 didn't wana sign gill wanted 1 mill in cash… 50 n gillie been koo b4 50 blew he was on 1 of tha appetizer…

Another topic ya ain't touch was how jay wanted to sign gillie b4 he even met beans… but gillie turned it down n introduced beans 2 jay… n later jay sneak dissed gillie on put your hands up as well as beans dissin him
    Later started the roc vs major figgas
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Did anybody hear Jayo Felony on the wake up show when he talked about bangin on Beanie Sigel at TRL on mtv or something like that? I had that interview on cassette tape somewhere. He insinuated that he pulled Beans card backstage something real tough
  • C-PortTrapper
    C-PortTrapper Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    Options
    When B.G. pulled up on one of them Sqad Up ? (forgot which 1) with the Mac-11 and told'em to fall back from dissin Wayne. He speaks about it on one of them old mixtapes.
  • C-PortTrapper
    C-PortTrapper Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    Options
    Rick Ross dissing T.I. on wax before he blew up.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did anybody hear Jayo Felony on the wake up show when he talked about bangin on Beanie Sigel at TRL on mtv or something like that? I had that interview on cassette tape somewhere. He insinuated that he pulled Beans card backstage something real tough

Speaking of Jayo, didnt he get arrested a year or 2 ago for being a squatter in a mansion or something
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    WHEN MELLE MEL GOT KNOCKED OUT BY WILLIE D!!!

Willie D a trained boxer, wasn't nobody that night seeing him with the hands.

Same event, Sticky Fingaz got dropped by a rock n roll kat

Two different events. Not unless I'm reading that post wrong.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    BoogaSuga wrote: »

Speaking of Jayo, didnt he get arrested a year or 2 ago for being a squatter in a mansion or something

I dont know if he goT arrested but i do remember the ? being on the news and him yelling at the white reporter ? . Lol
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everytime Dr. Dre is honored with a lifetime achievement award, Suge ruins it, i.e. Source Awards 2000 and VIBE Awards 2004

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoogaSuga wrote: »

Yeah I saw that on the news. He told the reporter that he was a recording artist. That's debatable.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear Sticky getting his ass beat by a skateboarder in that fashion was the end of Stickys career, I don't mean we haven't heard from sticky since but he has dropped a top 30 album of all time and nobody really gave a ? , I think he could of been a major player in the game as a solo artist if it wasn't for that
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prodigy told a story on his book how Mobb deep and lost boyz had beef at one point but they were in a club when a brawl happened. They worked together to escape the madness.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TBF it did sound like Jayo got conned by that Benjamin dude...

@3.01 sounds like a sample from a hip hop tune, 'they are blaaaaasting music, they are loud, they cursing, you cant walk byyyyy without smelling the marijuana smoke' haha

He sounds like 2Pac when he said 'I dont understand it, its too loud and too violent ban rap music' haha
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    Prodigy told a story on his book how Mobb deep and lost boyz had beef at one point but they were in a club when a brawl happened. They worked together to escape the madness.

Did he mention tha story bout big worm takin his chain n car n lake getin it back for him?

• DR. JEK
    Options

Did he mention tha story bout big Worm takin his chain n car n lake getin it back for him?

Haha

Smh @ ? even getting jacked by characters in the Friday movie.

* sarcastically typed *
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'I used to drive a lac and kept a mac in the engine, Littles pained it black with ? sell intentions'
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did he mention tha story bout big worm takin his chain n car n lake getin it back for him?

Sherm, not Perm