Marriage: Is Marriage For White People?

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i like comparisons...sometimes it's a swing and a miss, sometimes it's a home run...

i equate marriage to college...you get in what you put in, and it ain't for everybody..

some people do great, some waste a lotta time and money...

self awareness, and being honest and true enough to oneself to know if this lifestyle is for you.....don't go through with some ? because it seems like the thing to do...or because of appearances for others...do what's right for you....

marriage takes a lot more than a nice wedding, and two people who love each other....cuz if those two people don't know how to work as a unit, and are both willing to put their spouses needs ahead of their own, it's going to be really tough to make a marriage work

people this day and age have a serious problem with submission, and if you're not willing to expose your vulnerabilities to someone, go 100% on trust, honesty, & communication.....

the ? really ain't for you

just my opinion
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    The concept of marrying down is ? stupid.

marriage numbers are low all across the nation because marriage no longer has as much benefit for men as it used to
    their is no social benefit to it. women no longer look up to men or respect manhood the way they used to and it works the other way around also.

they don't rely on us, they don't need us in 2014 some women are quick to say they don't need a man so then why the ? should men go out of our way to marry you?? and because the laws are anti-male by marrying you we put ourselves at monetary risk. I will get married... have the ceremony and live with a woman as a husband but i won't ever sign any legal documents

The benefits aren't the same but there still are social benefits

Insurance is cheaper for married people
    It makes keeping wealth within the family easier
    Couples typically pay less taxes
    And many jobs in the private sector will actually see a married man as a more likely candidate for a promotion than an unwed one
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

marriage numbers are low all across the nation because marriage no longer has as much benefit for men as it used to
    their is no social benefit to it. women no longer look up to men or respect manhood the way they used to and it works the other way around also.

they don't rely on us, they don't need us in 2014 some women are quick to say they don't need a man so then why the ? should men go out of our way to marry you?? and because the laws are anti-male by marrying you we put ourselves at monetary risk. I will get married... have the ceremony and live with a woman as a husband but i won't ever sign any legal documents

This needs more attention.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

WOMEN SAY THAT ? .. BUT TRUST, ITS A LIE..

THE THING IS...BEING INDEPENDENT IS/WAS A TREND!

NO CHICK WANTS TO HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING FOR THEMSELEVES
    THEY DONT WANT TO DATE EVERY WEEK TO FIND THAT "RIGHT GUY"

THEY WANT A DUDE THAT THEY CAN DEPEND ON AND HAVE THEIR BACKS IN TIME OF NEED.

AND IF THEY CHOSE TO CHILL AND FALL BACK FOR A MOMENT, THEY HAVE A MAN THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF THE BOTH OF THEM...
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My marriage is structured like this.

To many Men put themselves in a position to be valued only as an ATM. There has to be more to man then how deep his pockets go. But in this age where we see simps throwing many at broads 24/7 it's to be expected.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    i like comparisons...sometimes it's a swing and a miss, sometimes it's a home run...

i equate marriage to college...you get in what you put in, and it ain't for everybody..

self awareness, and being honest and true enough to oneself to know if this lifestyle if for you.....don't go through with some ? because it seems like the thing to do...or because of appearances for others...do what's right for you....

marriage takes a lot more than a nice wedding, and two people who love each other....cuz if those two people don't know how to work as a unit, and are both willing to put their spouses needs ahead for their own, it's going to be really tough to make a marriage work

people this day and age have a serious problem with submission, and if you're not willing to expose your vulnerabilities to someone, go 1005 on trust, honesty, & communication.....

just my opinion

Some people are too selfish to be married. There's nothing wrong with that at all but more people need to be honest with themselves about what their own capabilities are in terms of sustaining a relationship instead of being the person who lashes out at relationships overall because all yours fail. Its funny the way in which people complain about their dating experiences reveal a lot about their own fault in why those things failed
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

self awareness, and being honest and true enough to oneself to know if this lifestyle if for you.....don't go through with some ? because it seems like the thing to do...or because of appearances for others...do what's right for you....

marriage takes a lot more than a nice wedding, and two people who love each other....cuz if those two people don't know how to work as a unit, and are both willing to put their spouses needs ahead for their own, it's going to be really tough to make a marriage work

people this day and age have a serious problem with submission, and if you're not willing to expose your vulnerabilities to someone, go 1005 on trust, honesty, & communication.....

just my opinion

Some people are too selfish to be married. There's nothing wrong with that at all but more people need to be honest with themselves about what their own capabilities are in terms of sustaining a relationship instead of being the person who lashes out at relationships overall because all yours fail. Its funny the way in which people complain about their dating experiences reveal a lot about their own fault in why those things failed

i feel 100% the same way bruh
  • count  remy
    count remy Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh.. are people buying this, ? ? I don't know where to start on how ridiculous this is. Maybe i'll let the Authors own words ? over this whole book...
    ....As particular as this inquiry may seem, it is also universal. Americans of all races are more unmarried now than ever. And as women surpass men educationally, wives increasingly earn more than their husbands.....

uh oh!!!!! there's another gem in there too. You ? mouth princesses got some explaining to do about income equality!!!! Somebody lyin!! The agenda here is more than obvious... people have to be able to see this. You can't really believe that everything wrong with this country is the fault of one group of people...
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    .. Too many Men put themselves in a position to be valued only as an ATM. There has to be more to man then how deep his pockets go ..

This has always been the case.

Supposedly women don't "rely" on or "need" us anymore; But really all that means is that less women are looking to men for manual labor, financial support, etc, which is actually a good thing.. Men have always been raised / encouraged to be "providers," equating their worth to quite literally what they can do for their woman / family, task-wise.

We're people, not task-laborors, not robots, not ATMs, etc to be "depended on" in such a literal sense, but unfortunately that's what men have always taken pride in.. Being a checklist, or a machine.. Meanwhile emotion, introspection, free spiritedness, creativity, and even free time have been devalued by not only men, but the workforce, because ? end up less like drones, and more like real people..

Efficiency is great, but at the end of the day "men" are still human beings with an enormous range of potential, personality, emotion, and thus can be enjoyed and not just valued..
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

self awareness, and being honest and true enough to oneself to know if this lifestyle is for you.....don't go through with some ? because it seems like the thing to do...or because of appearances for others...do what's right for you....

marriage takes a lot more than a nice wedding, and two people who love each other....cuz if those two people don't know how to work as a unit, and are both willing to put their spouses needs ahead of their own, it's going to be really tough to make a marriage work

people this day and age have a serious problem with submission, and if you're not willing to expose your vulnerabilities to someone, go 100% on trust, honesty, & communication.....

just my opinion

this is all that needed to be said.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    DRO_BANKS wrote: »

AND IF THEY CHOSE TO CHILL AND FALL BACK FOR A MOMENT, THEY HAVE A MAN THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF THE BOTH OF THEM...
    DRO_BANKS wrote: »

they want the guarantee while being a hoe. and hope the gurantee doesnt find out an leave her ass.

why do you think so many woman like the movie pretty woman?

they want to be able to be a hoe yet looked at like a regular woman and be taken care of an not have their history devalue who they really are
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

My marriage is structured like this.

To many Men put themselves in a position to be valued only as an ATM. There has to be more to man then how deep his pockets go. But in this age where we see simps throwing many at broads 24/7 it's to be expected.

i am some what guilty of this...at least im honest
  • BEAM
    edited November 2014
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    .. they want to be able to be a hoe yet looked at like a regular woman and be taken care of an not have their history devalue who they really are ..

Fam, let's not start that today.

A person's sexual history / liberation isn't what qualifies "who they really are." If that was the case, many of these ? that are being expected to take care of femmes are no better than the "hoes" they may or may not end up with..
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    .. Too many Men put themselves in a position to be valued only as an ATM. There has to be more to man then how deep his pockets go ..

Supposedly women don't "rely" on or "need" us anymore; But really all that means is that less women are looking to men for manual labor, financial support, etc, which is actually a good thing.. Men have always been raised / encouraged to be "providers," equating their worth to quite literally what they can do for their woman / family, task-wise.

We're people, not task-laborors, not robots, not ATMs, etc to be "depended on" in such a literal sense, but unfortunately that's what men have always taken pride in.. Being a checklist, or a machine.. Meanwhile emotion, introspection, free spiritedness, creativity, and even free time have been devalued by not only men, but the workforce, because ? end up less like drones, and more like real people..

Efficiency is great, but at the end of the day "men" are still human beings with an enormous range of potential, personality, emotion, and thus can be enjoyed and not just valued..

Ok, this sound like some "we are the world" type ? .

Even if, this is more idealistic than reality.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »

The benefits aren't the same but there still are social benefits

Insurance is cheaper for married people
    It makes keeping wealth within the family easier
    Couples typically pay less taxes
    And many jobs in the private sector will actually see a married man as a more likely candidate for a promotion than an unwed one

That's next to nothing ESPECIALLY for a man in my financial situation.
    My children, father and brothers will inherit any wealth if i die.
    if i need to pay less taxes i can call my lawyer or financial consultant.
    i am self employed so i won't be getting promoted by anyone and even if that were not the case i would desire to get promoted on my own merit not because i have a wife,
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    .. they want to be able to be a hoe yet looked at like a regular woman and be taken care of an not have their history devalue who they really are ..

Fam, let's not start that today.

A person's sexual history / liberation isn't what qualifies "who they really are." If that was the case, many of these ? that are being expected to take care of femmes are no better than the "hoes" they may or may not end up with..

its not about sexual history as it is more about who you wanna lay down with outside of her wanting sex.

i have no problem with a highly sexual chick. i do have a problem with a chick ? cause a ? got a nice car or to get a phone bill paid.

thats more about character traits than sexual history.

i think more dudes would respect a chick who says im trynna fukk than a chick that says i'll let you hit if you pay verizon this month.
  • BEAM
    edited November 2014
    Options

What does that even mean, fam? Funny how the "We Are the World" mantra gets clowned but the only thing that keeps us from it are indefensibly corrosive values and ideologies..

Our societies don't dictate what reality is, they limit it; Hence men tryna be statues their whole lives and never taking time to discover who they are or gain some kind of emotional maturity, and then wondering why their bodies / minds break down faster than women's..
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am sorry anyone who wants to be in a criminal contract without no benefits. Deserves to have their wealth taken from them.
  • zombie
    edited November 2014
    Options

What male feminist drivel. Men should want to take up responsibility and we should be valued by women for that not for our money, it's not the money she should love and respect it's the fact that we are willing to go get it. the bolded is not mutually exclusive with the taking up of our roles as men.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options

What does that even mean, fam? Funny how the "We Are the World" mantra gets clowned but the only thing that keeps us from it are indefensibly corrosive values and ideologies..

Our societies don't dictate what reality is, they limit it; Hence men tryna be statues their whole lives and never taking times to discover who they are or gain some kind of emotional maturity, and then wondering why their bodies / minds break down faster than women's..

I agree with the bolded, but I disagree what I underlined.

Society is part of reality, If they can limit it then they "can do" the opposite. Yet we still see people doing the same routine.
  • zombie
    Options

Our societies don't dictate what reality is, they limit it; Hence men tryna be statues their whole lives and never taking time to discover who they are or gain some kind of emotional maturity, and then wondering why their bodies / minds break down faster than women's..

More feminist ? stereotyping of the role men traditionally played in western society the number one corrosive ideology that is destroying marriage and society today is feminism. and the stupid thing is women are actually less happy than they were 40 years ago
  • BEAM
    Options
    What male feminist drivel. Men should want to take up responsibility and we should be valued by women for that not for our money, it's not the money she should love and respect it's the fact that we are will to go get it. the bolded is not mutually exclusive with the taking up of our roles as men.

There's nothing "feminist" about employing men to realize that they are in fact, human beings, and have access to an extremely vast spectrum of emotions, potential, realizations, etc.. All this stoic, robot ? has to stop. It's unrealistic and destructive..

And I never said that being a Go Getter is in any may mutually exclusive from all that I've encouraged here. But many women, and many men themselves, don't value ? beyond the tasks they can complete. That's not healthy.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So now society limits men lmaooooo
  • BEAM
    Options
    More feminist ? stereotyping of the role men traditionally played in western society the number one corrosive ideology that is destroying marriage and society today is feminism. and the stupid thing is women are actually less happy than they were 40 years ago

It's hard to stereotype something that has always been quite limited / limiting. There really hasn't been much to the "role men traditionally played in Western society," what are you holding on to? You can still work hard, strive, and achieve.. But getting upset because women no longer look to you to be a machine devoid of basic human attributes is hustling backwards.

Sure, women may not value men in the same way, and haven't yet supplemented a new way to value them, but that's also in part because males have been indoctrinated into being emotional / personally underdeveloped drones.
  • zombie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    What male feminist drivel. Men should want to take up responsibility and we should be valued by women for that not for our money, it's not the money she should love and respect it's the fact that we are will to go get it. the bolded is not mutually exclusive with the taking up of our roles as men.

There's nothing "feminist" about employing men to realize that they are in fact, human beings, and have access to an extremely vast spectrum of emotions, potential, realizations, etc.. All this stoic, robot ? has to stop. It's unrealistic and destructive..

And I never said that being a Go Getter is in any may mutually exclusive from all that I've encouraged here. But many women, and many men themselves, don't value ? beyond the tasks they can complete. That's not healthy.

WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE THAT always shown emotions it's a lie that men considered it wrong to show emotions.

In the past The weak over sensitive ? who could not withstand the trails of life those were the men that no man wanted to be like AND no woman respected. No man or even women ever liked gold diggers or users that's common sense so there really is no need to point that out