Official Election Night Thread.. Anyone Give a F$ck?

Options

Comments

• Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol y'all mad

This is a good thing.

Murica is like a kid that wants something that not good for them. You try to tell them and they don't listen. So much so they fate and hate you for it. So one day ur like, you know what. Go head and smoke that,drink that,? that. When they come back sick, beat,and confused. You say, told u so. These folks like the fear of a black man push out the memories of bush and Dem. Let em get a refresher course. Y'all got to much excuses for dems and Obama, from day one those cats been more than shook. Its their fault they lost. They do a terrible job of controling the narrative. Which in this day and age of ? kisses during NFL draft, shows like "girls", " glee",ugly female anchors of cable news. How do not recognize what u are able to do from a liberal standpoint. But u know what they did? The typical democrat thing of worry about white men from 30 to 80 during off years and run to their base during election time. Soon as they get reelected that worry about them white men again, Dem church goers again. This ain't on us or Obama really, this is dems still faking the funk and believing that these old white men have more influence on america than they really have anymore. So afraid to anger them, they go out of their way to appease them. They turned of their base to them. They thing black folks wasn't watching, they think young folks wasn't watching. They should know they young turks is on. They should know Phil Hartman don't ? and tell lies. They should know people are more plugged in. Don't blame the ? next to you, ya squad you root for trash.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Americans will cut their nose off to spite their own face just to keep a black man from having a little power
  • Strokenoff
    Options
    Bad spelling like a muthafucka...ain't me mane, my phone ....I don't proof read, eat a ?
  • Strokenoff
    Options
    Tom Hartman ,..don't ether me bro
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is wrong with Florida? Rick Scott elected again? Smh. Next two years will be hell for Obama. He will not get nothing done because those racist ? ? republicans will make sure of it. Then the ? who did not vote will complain. Clinton better run with a good strategy in 2016.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? disgusted at NC. ? AmeriKKKa.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You do realize that if non voters, voted, Republicans would have still took over?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? disgusted at NC. ? AmeriKKKa.

Texas was a damn sweep for repubs....im talkin spurs-cavs in 07 type of sweep.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ultimate irony of this is the policies & legislation Tea Party/Republicans propose will either vindicate the people that claim ""voting doesn't matter"" and" black should not vote"

or make them look like complete ignorant fools.....for encouraging our people to not participate in elections

Either way their hypocrisy WILL BE expose within the next 2 years,soon as they utter one single word of discontent with conservatives that now have control of Congress,and how their are only impeaching Obama because he is black
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you read and listened to the discourse outside your on box,
    you will know their stated goal is to tarnish Obama's name and legacy in the history books.
    Put in asterisk by his name.("HE WAS NOTHING!")
    Ultimately saying a black man was incompetent and non-consequential as President.

The sad thing as many of us have enabled them
  • PapaDoc223
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Jeb can and will win.

Jeb knows Spanish too that will help in his favor

Doubt it remember the republican party is demogrphically doomed. Plus their base hates the bushes. If he wins it will not be easy. I think they will go hard right in 2016. Maybe get somebody like Rick Scott or Scott Walker. The base will not allow the GOP go the moderate route. Plus alot of Obama's people will give Hillary's people advise on how to win.
  • PapaDoc223
    Options
    I think it time to change how election day works. First of all why make it a tuesday. It should be in the weekend. Where are people going to find time to vote if they are working and at school? There should be an election week. From Sunday to saturday polls are open. Then next sunday is is the day to count votes. That gives people time to go out and vote. Voting on a tuesday makes no sense.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Scott from SC made history and nobody here cares lol. First black senator since reconstruction.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh

Yes, more people need to take the time to vote ...and we cannot forget the importance of political activism

But we have to address partisan gerrymandering and redistricting

Single member district, winner-take-all elections is a big problem as well

I would even argue the aforementioned does way more to disenfranchise our votes than any poll tax ...especially considering Democrats are usually concentrated in urban areas

Bet many democrats actually won the popular vote last night yet failed to capture enough districts

I know in 2012 while Democrats won only 46% of House seats they won more votes than Republicans
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They want us to vote but wont do nothing about these corrupt ass cops these days.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it was approximately 8 years ago when Bush said the fundamentals of our economy were doing well...

Thats exactly when it went to hell in a handbasket those fundamentals were of wall street and big business.. whjke maon street was struggling then he disappeared to Crawford Texas where you'd barely see him..

Check it out I found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuD07NekuQc

He was beating around the "Bush" .... no pun intended

• Houston Texan
    Houston Texan Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Tim Scott from SC made history and nobody here cares lol. First black senator since reconstruction.

That's because he's a Republican....if he was Democrat Twitter, Facebook...etc would be blowing up about this.
  • Strokenoff
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

That's what I'm saying, this is a good thing. Daily show had a montage of dems shook to even mention his name. Think about that, these guys are afraid to big up a guy their base supports. They fear so much that their base wont show up that they don't want to lose any white votes they "might" get. That's the squad black people riding with. We need to not elect or reelect people that fight from a state of weakness. This is a great thing. We get to show america how batshit crazy the GOP has become. Also, hopefully we have weeded out the weak. Hopefully this gives birth to stronger Dems not afraid of losing the votes of people who ultimately dont agree with what they are trying to do.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i really think it's the chair...in able to get to the point where you can even be elected, you're already one of "them" and you ain't thinking about"us"

so i try my best to stay tuned in on local issues.. national issues make me cringe, cuz so many politicians be on that ? ....

it's a shame that comedians who are using satire, and monologues tell more truth than the news outlets
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's because he's a Republican....if he was Democrat Twitter, Facebook...etc would be blowing up about this.
    I mean but the republicans ain't even blowing it up. A black dude wins the senate seat in South Carolina! Tim Scott took over Jim Demints seat and people had mixed feelings about him. I don't know if he won because of what he has done or because he's republican, but obviously the fact that he won is a big deal not only for SC but for the south and black folks. I just hope that he does a good job.
  • Strokenoff
    Options

I mean but the republicans ain't even blowing it up. A black dude wins the senate seat in South Carolina! Tim Scott took over Jim Demints seat and people had mixed feelings about him. I don't know if he won because of what he has done or because he's republican, but obviously the fact that he won is a big deal not only for SC but for the south and black folks. I just hope that he does a good job.

He stayed tight to Lindsey Graham, was like Robin to his Batman. People just went with name recognition. ? half of time probably found out he was black when they say his pic on tv. I seen like 1 Tim Scott commercial all month, but when you drive through town his signs are right by Grahams.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Jeb can and will win.

Jeb knows Spanish too that will help in his favor

Doubt it remember the republican party is demogrphically doomed. Plus their base hates the bushes. If he wins it will not be easy. I think they will go hard right in 2016. Maybe get somebody like Rick Scott or Scott Walker. The base will not allow the GOP go the moderate route. Plus alot of Obama's people will give Hillary's people advise on how to win.
    Bruh you giving America too much credit this is the same country that voted in George W.Bush twice.........Twice.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nope. i aint vote. no ? given.

nothing drastic will ever change