The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    Kovalev doninated. He's still a very basic fighter who hasn't gone up against someone that will fight him back.

With that said he's still the best at 175.

I won't say that until he beats Stevenson
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nothing last forever.

Still one of the best to lace a pair up
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kovalev doninated. He's still a very basic fighter who hasn't gone up against someone that will fight him back.

Easy to say when you ain't in front of him

People are so quick to say these dudes ain't fighting anybody but majority fighters don't have it all

A fighter can go at him and they have, but then you leave yourself open

He showed tonight he ain't one dimensional, he outboxed Hop
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @‌Wall I don't think he wants it with Kovalev. Stevenson is pretty good on his feet but he doesn't have that great of skill either.
  • Mastery
    Options
  • R.D.
    Options
    Btw I hope Stevenson knocks Kovalev head off but it won't take away from how good of a fighter he is, dude can go

He got a lil rhythm in there, bouncing around on his toes, winding up punches, lil cute feints

He legit
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dammn! I picked Hopkins to win because of Kovalev style but tonight reminded me of Ali Vs Holmes, where Ali barely fired anything back. How many punches did Hopkins throw? And Stevenson would beat Hopkins. Hopkins doesn't stylistically do well against boxers and I guess we figured that out tonight, since Kovalev actually boxed him, instead of tried to brawl. Can't take nothing away from Kovalev. Stevenson Vs Kovalev should be interesting though. It's a 50/50 fight and Stevenson controls distance really well, is a southpaw and has power in both hands. I guess that would be next year, after Stevenson vs Pascal maybe.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chi-guy wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Lampley a ? ass ?

Not just him though, Kellerman, and Lederman. Many of the punches Sergey threw didn't land but everything he did they ate it up like it was special

Roy was the only one giving b hop props.

Roy knew what time it was
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Father time caught bhop amd kovalev did what he had to do and destroyed bernard. Kovalev has a claim at the top of his division and its up to stevenson to give fans the best possible fight.

If ward steps up he better have a hell of a game plan to jump 2 divisions. (stevenson shouldnt let this ? get this fight)

lampley made me want bernard to win but ? some of the salty comments in here made me glad kovalev won.
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    chi-guy wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Lampley a ? ass ?

Not just him though, Kellerman, and Lederman. Many of the punches Sergey threw didn't land but everything he did they ate it up like it was special

Roy was the only one giving b hop props.

Roy knew what time it was

And that's saying a lot cuz Roy don't really like Bernard
  • PSN-Canibuss
    Options
    If Roy retired after beating Ruiz, he would be ranked higher than Bhop today. I think, Hopkins stayed boxing for such a long time because Roy Jones Jr was that dude back in the day. Everyone was talking about Jones Jr. He was on P4P lists along with Toney, while Hopkins was in the shadows, not talked about much. Hopkins felt left out, so he stayed in the game and stayed relevant, while Jones Jr got knocked out by Johnson, Tarver and several others.
  • Mastery
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    Father time caught bhop amd kovalev did what he had to do and destroyed bernard. Kovalev has a claim at the top of his division and its up to stevenson to give fans the best possible fight.

If ward steps up he better have a hell of a game plan to jump 2 divisions. (stevenson shouldnt let this ? get this fight)

lampley made me want bernard to win but ? some of the salty comments in here made me glad kovalev won.
    Ward would only be jumping one division.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    Options
    It's hard to like someone who acts like a ? . Hopkins felt like he was entitled to a bigger piece of the pie against Roy Jones Jr when they both were in the prime for a rematch. Jones Jr said no, I beat that ass once, so I get the bigger piece, 70-30. Hopkins walked away
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

People are so quick to say these dudes ain't fighting anybody but majority fighters don't have it all

I cant give someone too much praise when they have faced no resistance or adversity. Until then he's a good solid fighter.

He did some things well and he tacked on rounds easy because Bernard wouldn't throw.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Btw I hope Stevenson knocks Kovalev head off but it won't take away from how good of a fighter he is, dude can go

He got a lil rhythm in there, bouncing around on his toes, winding up punches, lil cute feints

He legit

Did he dominate a 49 year old Hopkins? Yes. But the problem is is that you'll suck anyone's ? , nh, that opposes B-Hop. Lil cute feints? Foh.
  • R.D.
    Options
    If Roy retired after beating Ruiz, he would be ranked higher than Bhop today. I think, Hopkins stayed boxing for such a long time because Roy Jones Jr was that dude back in the day. Everyone was talking about Jones Jr. He was on P4P lists along with Toney, while Hopkins was in the shadows, not talked about much. Hopkins felt left out, so he stayed in the game and stayed relevant, while Jones Jr got knocked out by Johnson, Tarver and several others.

Several others?

I cant give someone too much praise when they have faced no resistance or adversity. Until then he's a good solid fighter.

He did some things well and he tacked on rounds easy because Bernard wouldn't throw.

Bernard couldn't throw

It's not that he didn't want to, the ? hits ? hard

winning or losing to Stevenson won't prove anything, he's really good no matter the outcome
  • dwade206
    Options
    Yeah, we'll just act like Danny Green never knocked Roy out. Carry on.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

The Spurs sharpshooter beat Roy s ass? Lol
  • PSN-Canibuss
    Options
    Danny Green and that Russian dude
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

The Spurs sharpshooter beat Roy s ass? Lol

Casual fan alert smh
  • Mastery
    Options
    Danny Green and that Russian dude
    Other dude is Dennis Lebedev
  • R.D.
    Options
    Come on elzo

You set yourself up replying to a ?
  • dwade206
    Options
    Come on elzo

You set yourself up replying to a ?

He responded to facts, ? ass ? .
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's hard to like someone who acts like a ? . Hopkins felt like he was entitled to a bigger piece of the pie against Roy Jones Jr when they both were in the prime for a rematch. Jones Jr said no, I beat that ass once, so I get the bigger piece, 70-30. Hopkins walked away
    Roy did not beat his ass... That fight was total and complete bs by the both of them...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options