Nicki Minaj Slammed For Anti-Semitic Images In 'Only' Lyric Video

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU769XX_dIQ

Nicki Minaj is being accused of promoting anti-Semitic images in the lyric video for her new song "Only," a collaboration with Lil Wayne, Drake, and Chris Brown. The Anti-Defamation League and Twitter viewers have called out the "Anaconda" rapper for several moments that draw comparisons to ? .

Nicki is depicted as a dictator figure addressing a sea of soldiers wearing uniforms with red arm patches resembling those worn by members of Adolf ? 's army. The Young Money Records logo has been revamped, positioning the "Y" and "M" to resemble a ? .

The video also prompted a response from the Anti-Defamation League's national director, Abraham H. Foxman, who is a Holocaust survivor. "Nicki Minaj's new video disturbingly evokes Third ? propaganda and constitutes a new low for pop culture's exploitation of ? symbolism," Foxman said in a statement. "The irony should be lost on no one that this video debuted on the 76th anniversary of Kristallnacht, the 'night of broken glass,' pogrom that signaled the beginning of the Final Solution and the Holocaust."

Foxman added, "It is troubling that no one among Minaj's group of producers, publicists and managers raised a red flag about the use of such imagery before ushering the video into public release. This video is insensitive to Holocast survivors and a trivialization of the history of that era. The abuse of ? imagery is deeply disturbing and offensive to Jews and all those who can recall the sacrifices Americans and many others had to make as a reslt of ? 's ? juggernaut."

Though the majority of the ? comparisons occur during Nicki's verse, it's hardly the video and song's only shocking moment. Drake is dressed as a Roman Catholic bishop, even donning a mitre headdress. The song unites Drake with his former nemesis Chris Brown, who sings the chorus. And Nicki, Drake, and Lil Wayne use explicit sexual language to dismiss rumors that Nicki has been romantically linked to either of her affiliated rap stars.

Comments

• kliiimaxx
    kliiimaxx Members Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • irite
    irite Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    Options
    brainless, mindless, wannabee white plastic barbie doll ? .
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the video, that song is ? dreadful
  • irite
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Jews are very sensitive about their plight

You can talk about and every thing under the sun except for anything concerning Jews. When you do, you're anti semantic

When Katie Perry mocked Egyptian culture in that one song and we complained, they told us to 'get over it' 'it's just art' 'she has a right as an artist to express herself'

And don't even mention to them that the original Jew were ppl of color......

i dont know about the egyptian video, but did it contain references to people who systematically murdered millions of people based on their race/religion? because that is the issue here

• irite
    Options
    irite wrote: »

You can talk about and every thing under the sun except for anything concerning Jews. When you do, you're anti semantic

When Katie Perry mocked Egyptian culture in that one song and we complained, they told us to 'get over it' 'it's just art' 'she has a right as an artist to express herself'

i dont know about the egyptian video, but did it contain references to people who systematically murdered millions of people based on their race/religion? because that is the issue here

and obviously the heavily stylised dark imagery aka that of a ? propaganda video

• Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watched with the sound off and one of my beats playing the background
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, ? these evil ass Jews. They monopolize off selling a stolen culture.

The holocaust was 12 ? years by their own jewish leader.

Slavery was 400 years by jews, catholics, Europeans, moors and whites.

Moses, Joseph, Saul, David, Solomon are not white at all.

? em, no apologies.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First of all being Jewish is a religion and ethnicity, it's not a race. Second of all those European Jews aren't even real the real Jews. Third of all, millions of jews were not murdered, it's pure exaggeration.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So where did all the jews goes if the holocaust didn't happen
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

First of all being Jewish is a religion and ethnicity, it's not a race. Second of all those European Jews aren't even real the real Jews. Third of all, millions of jews were not murdered, it's pure exaggeration.

Jews like white people try to use it to pull the sympathy card for all the ? up ? they did to us.

We have whites claiming that they're native American Seminoles, foh crackers, y'all only did it to reap the native american benefits for the land y'all stole like Jews living on section 8 making 6 figure annual salaries.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I'd like a Jew to dispute my claims.

I'm off to social lounge.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, ? these evil ass Jews. They monopolize off selling a stolen culture.

The holocaust was 12 ? years by their own jewish leader.

Slavery was 400 years by jews, catholics, Europeans, moors and whites.

Moses, Joseph, Saul, David, Solomon are not white at all.

? em, no apologies.

And Moses wife is a black woman.....but the general public do not know that.

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She really pulled that "my bestfriend is a Jew"

foh
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jews always act like they're the victim of everything and that world needs to feel sorry for them.

? them
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

Most of these "Jews"today are Germans anyway
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with the video. Fair.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So alrite.. the video gets made then someone in her camp says "hey why dont we premiere it in europe where ? did the most damage (evil laugh)" who produced this ? mel gibson lol
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong with the video. Fair.