Kendrick Lamar says he's been battling depression His Whole life

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    This ? a clown. Searching my name and ? . Like that suppose to do something bruh I'm open most people here follow me on social media sites. Try harder ?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think someone should drop a sucide hotline in this thread for all u ? ass ? .
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »

Its pretty corny and childish to call people names about something so serious. People go through different things in life and deal with them in different ways.
    How would you feel if someone close to you that you cared for was going through something like that?
    Would you call them a ? ass ? ?
    That's pretty ? up if you would instead of trying to help them.

• Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

Its pretty corny and childish to call people names about something so serious. People go through different things in life and deal with them in different ways.
    How would you feel if someone close to you that you cared for was going through something like that?

Of course I would try to help but if they killed themselves then I would lose respect for who they were
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I m copping the album....... I can definitely relate been dealing with it on and off.....
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That interview gave me chills....the interviewer was right, he's here to do more than music.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Props to Kendrick, but seems like everybody's making excuses for his laziness and softness, My grandparents survived II nd Word War and witnessed so many atrocities that it seems impossible to be normal after it, yet they built something from nothing and never gave up to depression or any other ? . This generation is just full of ? , who find out problems for themselves. I think depression is often excuse for those little fails in life, period.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    "If you believe in ? , you can survive Ebola yo'. You just need same snake-oil and some of Doctor McPhearson's magical elixir".

^^^ That's what the text you willfully ignorant and antiquated thinking ? reads like. Depression is a disease, respect it.

I agree with ya, but i hope you're not the type of person that believes that been fat is also a disease.

I can't speak to that, but I'm sure genetic predisposition and environment play a huge part...e.g. all the ? they feed us.

Whaaat, its as easy as having a bit of self control and knowin how much to eat and when to stop.

i disagree with what you're saying. Yes some ppl can easily control their food intake but they might be alcoholics or drug addicts, or physically or mentally abusive people. Everyone battles a different poison and for some people its food.

All that sugary highly processed ? is addictive as ? . I would even compare it to a smoking addiction. But not everyone who smokes or sniffs gets addicted, does not mean its not addictive though. Drinking, smoking, doing drugs, ? and eating, hell even spending/gambling...those are all lifestyle choices that some people can or cant control, all unique to any one person's make up and environment.

Matter of fact being addicted to these kinds of foods can cause depression and there we have our downward spiral. Gets to a point where u need the junk food to feel better at the same time its killing u, n without it you feel like you're going thru a withdrawal. Look at obesity rates and the increase of diabetes. U would think we'd know better but junk food industries market toward children so they can get em young n have that customer for life. Almost sounds like we're talking about drugs here. Our upbringing, environment, mental health has a lot to do with everything mentioned in this thread.

Seem like a lot of people look at diseases at face value and its all black and white to them but its much more going on than a lot of us realize. Seen a lot of good posts in here tho.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Sounds like this ? will never get over getting stomped out by Demetri.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to Kendrick, but seems like everybody's making excuses for his laziness and softness, My grandparents survived II nd Word War and witnessed so many atrocities that it seems impossible to be normal after it, yet they built something from nothing and never gave up to depression or any other ? . This generation is just full of ? , who find out problems for themselves. I think depression is often excuse for those little fails in life, period.

Laziness? The hell you talking about? Everybody not your grandparents my ? , everybody brain is different. Apparently you missed earlier in the thread when dudes explained that it can be chemically based as well. I hate when people take one lil anecdote and then try to apply it to the masses.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad ass thread. Lllls Thats when nggas true feelings come out when they feel they got back up and support

I look at 'depression' like i look at ? nh: Im not gon judge you, but dont try to tell me being that way is okay. Yall in here havin a come out party of sadness lllls

If you are clinically diagnosed as having a chemical or mental inbalance, ? bless you brother and Godspeed.

Otherwise, life is HARD. Some of you simply lack the perspective to understand the little stuff u THINK is the end of the world, will pass. And, if the IC is an accurate barometer, a lot of people dont know ? . So theres also that.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of rappers are depressed. I know Childish Gambino is also fighting depression.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    "If you believe in ? , you can survive Ebola yo'. You just need same snake-oil and some of Doctor McPhearson's magical elixir".

^^^ That's what the text you willfully ignorant and antiquated thinking ? reads like. Depression is a disease, respect it.

I agree with ya, but i hope you're not the type of person that believes that been fat is also a disease.

I can't speak to that, but I'm sure genetic predisposition and environment play a huge part...e.g. all the ? they feed us.

Whaaat, its as easy as having a bit of self control and knowin how much to eat and when to stop.

i disagree with what you're saying. Yes some ppl can easily control their food intake but they might be alcoholics or drug addicts, or physically or mentally abusive people. Everyone battles a different poison and for some people its food.

All that sugary highly processed ? is addictive as ? . I would even compare it to a smoking addiction. But not everyone who smokes or sniffs gets addicted, does not mean its not addictive though. Drinking, smoking, doing drugs, ? and eating, hell even spending/gambling...those are all lifestyle choices that some people can or cant control, all unique to any one person's make up and environment.

Matter of fact being addicted to these kinds of foods can cause depression and there we have our downward spiral. Gets to a point where u need the junk food to feel better at the same time its killing u, n without it you feel like you're going thru a withdrawal. Look at obesity rates and the increase of diabetes. U would think we'd know better but junk food industries market toward children so they can get em young n have that customer for life. Almost sounds like we're talking about drugs here. Our upbringing, environment, mental health has a lot to do with everything mentioned in this thread.

Seem like a lot of people look at diseases at face value and its all black and white to them but its much more going on than a lot of us realize. Seen a lot of good posts in here tho.

The compulsion one experiences in the throes of addiction is uncontrollable. Self-control has nothing to do with it, because you are not yourself. Your brain has changed and is acting on a reinforcement system. These kids that have that compulsion were force-fed that garbage food to develop that sickness and are unable to stop doing what they are doing in spite of the consequences. That ? is not their fault it's ours. Subsequently, those fat ass sugar addicted kids, grow into fat ass sugar addicted adults.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can tell by his music tbh

Still seems happier than Joe Budden tho.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

Of course I would try to help but if they killed themselves then I would lose respect for who they were

So if u see someone whose mentally challenged, do u lose respect for them cuz they cant get right?
  • Neva_Change
    Neva_Change Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I see ? mentioned a lot through this thread but I've always wondered where this so called ? is. Iran hangs 2 people a day and Palestinians are getting wiped off the face of the earth. Where is ? during these times?

• Me1971
    Me1971 Members Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I see ? mentioned a lot through this thread but I've always wondered where this so called ? is. Iran hangs 2 people a day and Palestinians are getting wiped off the face of the earth. Where is ? during these times?

Free will. He never promised that life would be safe or fair.
  • Neva_Change
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Me1971 wrote: »

Seems like giving humans free will was a monumental error. I mean how many more millenniums does a ? need before he realizes that the experiment has failed?

But if a belief in ? helps people through depression then I don't have a problem with it.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me1971 wrote: »

Seems like giving humans free will was a monumental error. I mean how many more millenniums does a ? need before he realizes that the experiment has failed?

But if a belief in ? helps people through depression then I don't have a problem with it.
    Experiment failed?
    You have no idea what the experiment is...we only have human minds

You might look around and see something bad happen and say ? failed but you don't/can't see the big picture

If our child falls off his bike, we know that is a growing pain he must take to become a better rider. But from the child point of view he cries about falling and says riding a bike sucks and he cries and wants to quit

The child is too small to see the big picture, just like we are way too small to see gods big picture

All this pain and death you see, what if earth is just the introductory stage for thousands of years of peace/utopia later? You have no idea. So you saying ? failed is silly. Silly for you to question the creator of the universe, really

Imagine an ant trying to explain to einstein the theory of relativity or how electricity works

That's like you trying to explain to ? how his project is a failure

The plan is bigger than our human minds can comprehend
  • Neva_Change
    Options
    SheerExcellence, you might be right, but I'm only going by what I've seen/experienced. When I look at current world horrors or just the atrocities that have been committed in history (like slavery, genocide, the inquisition, world wars, ect) it just seems that something has gone horribly wrong. The possibility of a bigger plan might make someone feel good & hopeful for a while, but whether it's true I don't know.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CAnt wait for his next album.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    SheerExcellence, you might be right, but I'm only going by what I've seen/experienced. When I look at current world horrors or just the atrocities that have been committed in history (like slavery, genocide, the inquisition, world wars, ect) it just seems that something has gone horribly wrong. The possibility of a bigger plan might make someone feel good & hopeful for a while, but whether it's true I don't know.

Exactly. What we see or experience is not the full picture. Its not about me being right or you being wrong, none of us...not one human...can claim they know the big picture. There have been lots of atrocities and war and death and ? and inequality, I agree.

There has also been lots of good and kindness and love and positive advancements, only one hundred years ago ppl were vastly unconnected to each other, now I can talk to you through a mobile device and share music, thoughts, ideas, instantly...
    Humans spread hate and war but we also spread kindness and love and goodness too.
    Good and evil are two sides of the same coin
    We had no idea about good and evil, but once adam and eve ate the forbidden fruit all was known to is
    Once we had knowledge of good and evil it should only follow that some follow evil while others follow good
    This is not fault of ? tho its fault of man
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    some of y'all on here are hypocrites man, I swear. You expect me to believe that you care for people that are battling depression when you're the ones making fun of them. Some of you belittle posters on here for reps making yourself seem bigger than you are but yet have the same problems.
    I feel ya, but everyone is a hypocrite if you follow their actions enough. It just depends on how much you can sleep with at night
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.