Options
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Woooooooo get em ICE!
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice vs Shine was a battle i didn't need to see to know who'd win.

• geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW, Biz you dead tomorrow.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Shotty Horroh's first round is amazing. Damn near flawless.

Too many bars. Top ten round by an individual this year. Don't sleep on that ? . He snapped.

It's November. Time to start sifting through to see who had some of the best output this year.

At some point there will be a battle rap awards where battlers and leagues get props yearly. I wonder how far down the line that is. I already know dudes started the convention thing.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrcKiUcDzBs

Swave Sevah: Why Is Norbes' Name Always Attached to Drama?
    Swave Sevah shared his thoughts on Norbes' reasoning for making cuts to the current PG roster in this clip from his exclusive interview with VladTV Battle Rap Journalist Michael Hughes. Norbes recently explained the issues between him and West Coast Battle Rapper Danny Myers, where he aired out Danny for lying about being an opportunist, faulty businessman, and someone that many people want to do ? harm to.

In this interview with Swave, he stated that if Smack/URL is banning Danny from their platform simply because he battles on too many leagues, then that isn't fair. However, Swave did state that if Danny physically signed a contract with Smack and agreed not to battle on other leagues and violated that agreement, then Smack/URL did the right thing.
    Swave went on to share stories he's heard from unidentified battlers who claim that the contracts issued to them by Smack/URL are suspect, and that the league has been conducting shady business with them. He also questioned why out of all of the Smack/URL staff, Norbes' name is always mentioned when it comes to behind-the-scenes Battle Rap drama.
  • LaRoacé
    LaRoacé Members Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some dude named faybach made a song dissin Charlie clips an showing paperwork of his father bein a snitch , he mad because clips won't give him the 8k so he goin at him an Rex signed him to dotmob
  • stringer bell
    Options
    LaRoacé wrote: »
    Some dude named faybach made a song dissin Charlie clips an showing paperwork of his father bein a snitch , he mad because clips won't give him the 8k so he goin at him an Rex signed him to dotmob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tu1cTf1_lY
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrcKiUcDzBs

Swave Sevah: Why Is Norbes' Name Always Attached to Drama?
    Swave Sevah shared his thoughts on Norbes' reasoning for making cuts to the current PG roster in this clip from his exclusive interview with VladTV Battle Rap Journalist Michael Hughes. Norbes recently explained the issues between him and West Coast Battle Rapper Danny Myers, where he aired out Danny for lying about being an opportunist, faulty businessman, and someone that many people want to do ? harm to.

In this interview with Swave, he stated that if Smack/URL is banning Danny from their platform simply because he battles on too many leagues, then that isn't fair. However, Swave did state that if Danny physically signed a contract with Smack and agreed not to battle on other leagues and violated that agreement, then Smack/URL did the right thing.
    Swave went on to share stories he's heard from unidentified battlers who claim that the contracts issued to them by Smack/URL are suspect, and that the league has been conducting shady business with them. He also questioned why out of all of the Smack/URL staff, Norbes' name is always mentioned when it comes to behind-the-scenes Battle Rap drama.

When I saw this all I could think was....

Who gave this ? his soul back?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

I clicked ether but i still don't understand what being in dot mob entails...
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options

So the ? tryna discredit Clips with the paperwork and Rex signed him to dotmob...but Rex was just all giggly on stage with Clips while he was gettin destroyed, Rex such a girl b.

? was on stage laughin while Clips shittin on Mook, Rex been a sucka ass ? .
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I clicked ether but i still don't understand what being in dot mob entails...

From the interview thing: Truth behind daylyt thing daylyt done with Chris unbias, Day said reason he joined dot mob was because Rex would always make sure another member of dot mob would be on an undercard the night he battles or he would refuse the battle.... Something along those lines.

Also get the added hypmen on stage to add dramatics to basic bars.
  • Thegreatone3
    Thegreatone3 Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So it's coming to the end of the year and I suppose it comes round time to deciding what was the best battle this year. For me it's between:

Hitman Holla vs Tsu Surf
    Charlie Clips vs Conceited
    Ahdi Boom vs Danny Myers
    DNA vs Prez Mafia
    Charlie Clips vs Tay Roc

Thinking about it now the bolded is probably my favourite, but the others have been honourable mentions....

What's been your favourite battle of the year?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swave Sevah has had the flu for about 5 years now
  • Thegreatone3
    Thegreatone3 Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    My fave battle this year is still Lux vs Hollow.

I thought this was good too actually. I still think Hollow won 2 - 1.

Favourite line from Hollow:

I mean just to see a Lux battle you gotta see women in violet gowns, choir sounds, tire mounts, tightrope and the lion growls.
    It’s a whole bunch of “you gon get this work” and “quiet downs”
    It’s a circus act just to see this clown go through a fire round
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nasal voice *team homi*
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I might be partial to Daylyt vs Chilla Jones.... " she gave ghost face and blew ? like Heinsenberg" Whoo.......
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJMPCClH3Kk
    ILL WILL on Replacing ARSONAL For RBE vs. Big Kannon, Math Hoffa Battle @ SM4 Not Happening & More
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk1yRHGJKkw
    CHARLIE CLIPS on His 2015 Battles, Contract Terms, Calls Chilla Jones & Poison Pen on The Bar Exam
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Geechee Slim vs King ? Giv Biz
    [Round 3, Rare]:

https://youtu.be/N2iPKaFavPg
  • LaRoacé
    LaRoacé Members Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rock , paper, scissor by daylyt might still be the dopest thing I heard all year
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Nitty and b magic is up there for me too.
This discussion has been closed.