Super Smash Bros Thread

Options

Comments

• Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk Sion, you trippin.
    I like how the full game feels.
    For some reason it feels as if it plays different and better than the demo.

Switched mains for this game to ZSS, and still playing Pika/Falco (even though Falco is complete ass)
    If I do get the Wii U version, I'll probably keep ZSS as my main.

Also someone found out recently that ZSS's 0 to death combo from Brawl works on Robin, which I found funny as hell.
    It only works on Robin, but is stupid hard to pull off on the 3ds anyways so it doesn't even matter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpHDN522MDo
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Idk Sion, you trippin.
    I like how the full game feels.
    For some reason it feels as if it plays different and better than the demo.

Switched mains for this game to ZSS, and still playing Pika/Falco (even though Falco is complete ass)
    If I do get the Wii U version, I'll probably keep ZSS as my main.

Also someone found out recently that ZSS's 0 to death combo from Brawl works on Robin, which I found funny as hell.
    It only works on Robin, but is stupid hard to pull off on the 3ds anyways so it doesn't even matter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpHDN522MDo

Nah I don't want to get into the 3DS version, b/c as soon as I get the Wii U version it's gonna sit and collect dust for the remainder of it's shelf life SMMFH LOLOLOLOLOL. I'd rather just burn $60 on the Wii U game and have the feel of a controller I'm more comfortable with.

Same thing that's gonna happen to Smash when Ruby/Sapphire comes out.

I'm only getting a wii u + smash if the price drops tbh.
    That ? smash bundle with the adapter can kick rocks.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got dayum Mario still ass SMMFH

Mario never been ass. He was my nigg in the original.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sion you seen this?

SSB4New Sakurai picture! (10/24) "Pic of the day. At long last, the Wii U version supports eight-player multiplayer!! It gets pretty hectic watching eight people duke it out at once. For more details, check out "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza

f81vCwV.jpg

Damn this game is about to be perfect. Watch the video its worthwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ&list=UUGIY_O-8vW4rfX98KlMkvRg
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol gitdamn 8 players. Better stock up on wiimotes
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? so I hyped. Got my wii u a year ago just for this. Finally get to put to bed these IC internet bangers.

• MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sion you seen this?

SSB4New Sakurai picture! (10/24) "Pic of the day. At long last, the Wii U version supports eight-player multiplayer!! It gets pretty hectic watching eight people duke it out at once. For more details, check out "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza

f81vCwV.jpg

Damn this game is about to be perfect. Watch the video its worthwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ&list=UUGIY_O-8vW4rfX98KlMkvRg

I can't wait.... ?
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Options
    Shout out to Nintendo.
    Wasn't even gonna bother with Smash 4 on Wii U, but I might cop it now.
    Won't be copping until black Friday probably.

Also seen that hella ? were mad about Mewtwo only being available if you copped both versions of the game and linked them up. (Allegedly)
    ? without a 3ds bout to go out and spend $200 to play as Mewtwo.
    Nintendo smart for that.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooottdaaaaamn that 8 player ? brings me back to the mario party/smash bros 1/goldeneye friends over your house just talking ? and playing for hours.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    8 ? ? Damn. Only about 8 of us in this thread. Should be dope.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn i was just about to cop a 3DS like i'm good on a Wii U fam

but now this 8 player news got a ? like

neon%20genesis%20evangelion%20gendo%20ikari%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wallmay.net_74.jpg
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Surprising Ten-Year-Old Competitor Dominates at Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Preview Event

by Ian "iantothemax" Walker
    Posted November 9, 2014 at 12:40 am

Editor’s note (11/09/14, 1:00 PM PST): There are currently reports coming in that what is shown in the footage below may not be entirely legitimate. It’s possible we’ve stumbled upon a brilliant marketing campaign by GameStop, Nintendo, or both, so go into this with a grain of salt. The original story follows below.

Like every competitive arena, fighting game talent has come and gone in generational waves. While players like Daigo Umehara, Justin Wong, and Ricky Ortiz continue to compete at high levels in pretty much every game they touch, old heads regularly find themselves ousted by their younger counterparts as the years dull their reactions and real life stretches free time thin.

From Street Fighter up-and-comers like Du “Nuckledu” Dang and Chris “CJ Truth” Jayson to Tekken prodigy Alexandre “AK” Lavarez, the future has never looked brighter, and we may have recently received our first look at who will be dominating the Smash scene as the series continues on into its fourth installment.

To promote Super Smash Bros. for Wii U’s upcoming release, West Hollywood’s GameStop held a special sneak peek earlier today, allowing fans to get their hands on the title before launch and see how it compares to its handheld counterpart. While all signs pointed towards a fairly normal round of festivities, one very interesting competitor spiced up the casual matches and made the preview event one to remember.

It all started this afternoon when news began to trickle out from attendees like D’Ron “D1″ Maingrette and Keith “Southpaw” Gordon that a mysterious ten-year-old had shown up and promptly shut down many of the players who were matched up against her. Karissa apparently put on quite a show, utilizing Rosalina to such an extent that these Smash players couldn’t help but be impressed.

Fortunately, her escapades would not be confined to mere Twitter mentions. Another attendee by the name of Jourdan happened to capture a decent chunk of footage, highlighting a few of the matches Karissa took part in over the course of the event. Though off-screen and thoroughly shaky, the video does a good job of showing off the youngster’s excellent fundamentals. I’m not a Smash player by any stretch of the imagination, mind you, but it’s fairly obvious she knows what she is doing, tackling her opponents head-on with characters like Sheik, King Dedede, and Diddy Kong.

Perhaps the best part of this replay, however, is Karissa’s confidence. After losing a close match to Southern California’s Matt “Xzax” Liberatore and shaking his hand, she makes sure he knows she’s coming back for him; later on, she stares up at an opponent a good foot and a half taller than her and demands to know if he is crying after handing out yet another beatdown.

Yep, I’d say she’s completely ready to enter the competitive community.

Be sure to check out the footage of Karissa’s matches below, along with a bonus introduction by D1, and let us know what you think.
    shoryuken.com/2014/11/09/surprise-ten-year-old-competitor-dominates-at-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-preview-event/
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    yeah, fortunately for all our self-esteem (lol) "Karissa the Destroyer" is a fake:

OBFJ9fj.png
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    yeah, fortunately for all our self-esteem (lol) "Karissa the Destroyer" is a fake:

OBFJ9fj.png

Well damn
  • genocidecutter
    Options

A top organizer for one of the biggest tournaments in fighting games, Apex, and his family have been targeted with death and ? threats.

Jonathan “Alex Strife” Lugo became the focus of the attacks after the tournament decided to leave out a popular title from its lineup. Competitive Super Smash Bros., the popular Nintendo brawler, generally features two versions of the game: Super Smash Bros. Melee, the 2001 classic, and Project M, a fan-made modification that improved on the less popular Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Project M is not an officially licensed Smash title, but possesses the franchise’s second-largest following. The community-driven project aims to combine the more refined mechanics of Melee, noted for their technicality and speed, with the unique characters of Brawl, which many felt to be too defensive and “floaty.”

Fans of the title were understandably frustrated when Apex left the game out of its lineup for 2015. But this consternation quickly escalated into something more. Commenters on social media began by calling Apex "trash," but these quickly turned into threats on his life and threats of ? against his family members. Lugo spoke out against the treatment on Twitter:

“To those thinking it was just the threats it was not. It was the threats, ? threats on my friends, and certain people who I thought were friends just talk me down. I am just sick of the drama. I do not want to have to get into it but I just wanna say this is my decision and my decision alone. We all have limits. Apex will go on but I won’t. Please do not take it as anything beyond that.”

Despite Lugo's stated desire step down amidst the attacks, an Apex representative tells the Daily Dot that no decision has been made on his future with the organization.

Smash community figureheads took to social media to speak out against the vocal minority that lead to Lugo’s resignation. Former commentator and influential community member Wynton “Prog” Smith minced no words in his call for civilized conduct:

The community that built Smash into an esport has responded positively, rallying around a common cause. The hashtag “#WhyISmash” has surfaced, as thousands of stories of Smashers describing what the 15-year-old game and its tight-knit community mean to them.

Still, the incident with Lugo is yet another example of a dark, toxic corner of the community that uses social media to force out esports community members, and is another part of broader narrative about harassment in gaming. The same kind of sustained harassment campaign motivated the resignation of League of Legends player Zach “Nien” Malhas and plagued Greg “Idra” Fields throughout his career as a StarCraft 2 player.

Correction: An earlier version of this article made an incorrect assumption about Lugo's current status with Apex. We regret the error.

Photo by me_Studios/Flickr (CC BY-ND 2.0)
    dailydot.com/esports/apex-lugo-smash-bros/
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    So how the ? do you add people on wii u for online play? Do we need the game first or should we request before hand?
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Options
    Yall might wanna check your local best buys, they doing practice sessions for the new smash.

My thoughts on the new smash:

It's basically Brawl 2.0 for the Wii U. It's a little faster but not very noticeable. It's a lot smoother tho, moves string together much more beautifully which allows for more definitive comboing now. Grabs are more like Smash 64 now, they're not as repetitive as they were in Brawl, so effective chaingrabbing is no more (altho I think ICs will still be able to), dodging/strafes are very handy and will prolly shape the metagame. Mechanics have been changed, now everybody falls faster, so I'm confident that this will be more of a combo heavy-chaining game.

IC's ain't in the game bruh.

Agree with everything else though.
    It feels brawl-like but it can easily be separated from Brawl.
    There's not one just completely broken character, but plenty of underwhelming ones.
    The Wii U release is a whole new monster though.
    Tilts and combos are gonna run this game.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Super Smash Bros Brawl Rap

"I might howl like a Wolf but I'm sly like a Fox"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS9KvylH__E

Now this is ? talent......

That one was alright but this one was straight bars.
    And this dude got raps about a bunch of other ? on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stVqpfvQTqY
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So how the ? do you add people on wii u for online play? Do we need the game first or should we request before hand?

Your Nintendo ID tell them to put that in their friends list. You can request now.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im handing out fades with Captain Falcon
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Options
    Looks like we got some players in here.
    I'ma have to start handing out ass whoopings when I get my Wii U.
    Either black Friday or the day after X-mas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1o82BVKFp8
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just copped smash bros.
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    I'm not getting mine till next pay check bruh! But I just got done doing an all nighter at my homies house. I was killing it with toon link as usual. He got this little replica smash belt for buying it last night I ended up with that ? .

Six player mode was hectic and fun. How did you get final destination? Cuz my friend didn't have it yet.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? out yh? Smh I gotta wait till next week
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    ? smash ? and whoever uses them to many players have goat final smash smh