• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hoesarefun wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    This ? in the army told me that Germany was a black mans paradise

? he ain't never lie, my first weekend in Germany was crazy the ? came up to me and told me she staying with me and we make party

dam. It really goes down like that. What's the best part of Germany to go to?

just go anywhere in rheinland pflaz , frankfurt,mainz, heidelberg, weisbaden, mannhiem, trier, baumholder, giessen, lessen,kaiserslautern any of those places as a blackman if you can't get ? ? yourself

I've been wanting to visit my birthplace. I was born in Bitburg. What's it like there?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall aint scared of ? like that movie hostel russin ? ? u when u wake up u in a dark room bout get killed
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Problem with lists like this is it's too broad. We know here in America ? can be vastly different city to city, state to state so why would it be any different for any other Country? That's why I think there is so many discrepancies on people's experiences in these countries. I think it partially depends on where specifically you traveled within that country.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i want to go to Germany, gotta dust off my German textbooks tho
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thailand
    Many people of color who have lived in Thailand can attest to the problematic racial attitudes commonplace in the country. Thais have an aversion to dark skin in general, and are prejudiced against people of African descent or anyone who has a darker skin tone, even among themselves. Black people frequently face discrimination in the workplace and are targeted for scrutiny from police. According to some travelers, it is legal there to discriminate on the basis of skin color or ethnicity.
    In 2010, while visiting Thailand for a series of music performances, Ribkat, a well-known member of the multi-platinum selling group Fort Minor, and Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park were notified by a hotel manager that they did not allow Blacks or Indians at their hotel. Ribkat and Shinoda, who are both African-Americans, were told they should respect the racist policy and leave. The white band members were told they could stay. The policy to exclude Blacks and other foreigners can also be seen implemented by some local businesses.

I visited thailand when I was young and in the military and a dark complexioned thai girl told me this outta her own mouth. It was in one of those go go bars and she singled me out to talk to or rather pay for her drinks and I was shocked when she said a lot of men that frequent those places ignore her. she was very pretty.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/01/08/8-worst-countries-black-people-travel/

1. Germany
    2. Russia
    3. Greece
    4. Spain
    5. Italy
    6. Thailand
    7. China
    8. South Korea

Can't ? with Thailand now

I'm surprised to see China and Germany on the list (although Chinese companies in African countries are known for their disregard for worker's rights and human rights abuses, it's probably like that in China as well. There are many Nigerians/Africans in Guangzhgzhou province. I'm not really surprised to see Greece, Spain or Italy on the list although I wouldn't expect the majority of people to be extremely racist). Russia is the only country I would expect to be on there (based on what I've heard, not personal experience). I've heard horror stories about Russia and African students having to do push-ups because they were constantly getting into fights (not with all Russians obviously but I've heard it's generally worse than North America). I read in one of Maya Angelou's autobiographies- and I've heard this from other sources- that many Europeans who look down or have a problem with Africans are more accepting of black Americans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUT1Y9NYYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYnHdh27MPk

-I haven't even watched this one yet.

My sister used to teach English in South Korea.
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm surprised there are no African countries on that list.

I have spent a lot of time travelling all over Africa (I happen to be white) and time and time again I've been told by black Africans how they can't stand (most) black Americans when they come over as tourists.

Now I'm not talking about black people living in the United States who come over to visit family or retrace their ancestry or things like that. I'm talking about the privileged, obnoxious black American tourists who come over talking loud, ordering around the local people, poking fun at the living conditions, and so on while assuming they have some sort of "pass" because they share the same skin colour.

When you visit someone's country, especially when their living conditions are more "modest" than what you are used to, you need to learn that you are a guest in their country and humble yourself rather than complain all the time. Respect and a warm smile will go a million times farther than you think be you black, white, asian, or whatever.

In Ghana, the locals often refer to black American tourists as "Oburoni" (loosely translated as "white man") because of the "airs" they put on (whether subconsciously or not) where they inherently see themselves as superior to the local African population.

Just my two cents, for what it is worth...

• StillFaggyAF
    Options
    You know that people in africa are black too right?
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ur surprised that African countries arent on a list of countries where black ppl shouldnt go?
  • whoseworldisthis
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

You missed my point.

A lot of black Americans have become so American (i.e. "white-washed") that they start treating black Africans the same way as (some) white people do (i.e. as inferior to them).

I even see it on the IC where black Americans make fun of black Africans for LOLs...

• CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? he ain't never lie, my first weekend in Germany was crazy the ? came up to me and told me she staying with me and we make party

just go anywhere in rheinland pflaz , frankfurt,mainz, heidelberg, weisbaden, mannhiem, trier, baumholder, giessen, lessen,kaiserslautern any of those places as a blackman if you can't get ? ? yourself

I've been wanting to visit my birthplace. I was born in Bitburg. What's it like there?

Bitburg is the ? , all them hoes out there do is get ? and try to make party aka ?
  • Masterfultech
    Masterfultech Members Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    sniperx wrote: »

It's not worth much...especially after this post...

You missed my point.

A lot of black Americans have become so American (i.e. "white-washed") that they start treating black Africans the same way as (some) white people do (i.e. as inferior to them).

I even see it on the IC where black Americans make fun of black Africans for LOLs...

Not everyone on the IC is even black and the action's of the contrary have happened a lot, frequently.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

You missed my point.

Not everyone on the IC is even black and the opposite has happened a lot more frequently.

Lol what africans are making fun of black americans on here? Names?

You missed my point.

Your point is irrelevant to this particular conversation
  • Masterfultech
    Options

You missed my point.

Not everyone on the IC is even black and the opposite has happened a lot more frequently.

Lol what africans are making fun of black americans on here? Names?

You missed my point.

Your point is irrelevant to this particular conversation

No that's not the point that I was making Jerry...I was talking about coming down hard on those very people and or defending the actions of some Africans.
  • whoseworldisthis
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'll give you an example of a black American tourist doing something disrespectful that upset the local population.

I was at an airport in Tanzania and about to board a much smaller bush plane (twin propeller) that would fly me into the interior of the country. Some tourists use the same plane to avoid the long road journey to the safari camps in the Serengeti region while on vacation. It is fairly basic where you grab your pack yourself, throw it into the cargo hold of the plane, board the plane up a small metal ladder, and grab a seat.

A lady that looked like Oprah Winfrey who was dressed like she was about to attend a Broadway play complete with big floppy oversized hat, sunglasses, and an expensive outfit on (to fly to a bush camp!) started complaining about who was going to grab her suitcases (of which there were several). She then started ordering around the nearest guy she saw and told him to load her bags but, to everyone's horror, this guy was our plane's pilot! Embarrassed for her, he didn't make a scene and rather quietly grabbed a baggage handler to help assist the woman. If she had of just asked someone (including me) we would have gave her a hand with her bags but she instead treated the people there as if they were her "servants".

• I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats all cool, but it doesn't fit into the theme of the thread at all
  • Masterfultech
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'll give you an example of a black American tourist doing something disrespectful that upset the local population.

I was at an airport in Tanzania and about to board a much smaller bush plane (twin propeller) that would fly me into the interior of the country. Some tourists use the same plane to avoid the long road journey to the safari camps in the Serengeti region while on vacation. It is fairly basic where you grab your pack yourself, throw it into the cargo hold of the plane, board the plane up a small metal ladder, and grab a seat.

A lady that looked like Oprah Winfrey who was dressed like she was about to attend a Broadway play complete with big floppy oversized hat, sunglasses, and an expensive outfit on (to fly to a bush camp!) started complaining about who was going to grab her suitcases (of which there were several). She then started ordering around the nearest guy she saw and told him to load her bags but, to everyone's horror, this guy was our plane's pilot! Embarrassed for her, he didn't make a scene and rather quietly grabbed a baggage handler to help assist the woman. If she had of just asked someone (including me) we would have gave her a hand with her bags but she instead treated the people there as if they were her "servants".

Once again your point is worthless to anyone but I am starting to think you're a provocateur though...
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bitburg is the ? , all them hoes out there do is get ? and try to make party aka ?

Bitburg was a town when I was born. Is it a city now?
  • CP203
    Options

Bitburg was a town when I was born. Is it a city now?

Bitburg is a city, thats where my bm is from
  • whoseworldisthis
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thats all cool, but it doesn't fit into the theme of the thread at all

yeah, re-reading the original article you are right, my comments don't really match up with the thread... obviously, EVERY black person should try to visit an African country (especially if they can re-trace their roots to their ancestors original living area)

my point was just because your background is from an area doesn't mean the local people see you as the "same"... white people in Boston are always claiming their "Irish" background but people in Ireland just see them as "Americans" more than anything else when they come to visit

my point is that people need to humble themselves when they travel and not feel that their way is "superior" or the only way because they come from the United States or another rich country from the West...

• CP203
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Yall aint scared of ? like that movie hostel russin ? ? u when u wake up u in a dark room bout get killed

Hostels are where its at, freaks galore
  • whoseworldisthis
    edited November 2014
    Options
    what? you are saying black Americans on the IC don't see themselves as superior to black Africans? I'm not trying to derail this thread but I don't know how this fact can be disputed...

there are posts on the IC everyday where an African is the punchline for a joke...
  • Masterfultech
    Options
    what? you are saying black Americans on the IC don't see themselves as superior to black Africans? I'm not trying to derail this thread but I don't know how this fact can be disputed...

there are posts on the IC everyday where an African is the punchline for a joke...

provocateur indeed... the IC is not homogeneous (The IC isn't a hivemind)
  • whoseworldisthis
    edited November 2014
    Options

obviously dude... I've been on the IC off and on for 10 years so I have seen its many incarnations

sometimes a joke is just a joke is just a joke... I have a sense of humour, I get it...

but as an outsider for many years (i.e. a "white man" on a "black continent" (Africa) ), I do have insight into this subject and I'm not just talking out of my ass...

maybe I am just sensitive to things other people fail to notice...

• Masterfultech
    Options

obviously dude... I've been on the IC off and on for 10 years so I have seen its many incarnations

sometimes a joke is just a joke is just a joke... I have a sense of humour, I get it...

but as an outsider for many years (i.e. a "white man" on a "black continent" (Africa) ), I do have insight into this subject and I'm not just taking out of my ass...

maybe I am just sensitive to things other people fail to notice...

Or maybe you're reading into things you need not worry about because you're not the only one who's been traveling and you're experience as a white person is indeed often different.