Juice vs Belly

Options

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belly
    Only thing better in belly was the ? .. I wanted that young dmx was getting dome from .. Shidddd I wanted my ? sucked too.. Lol.. And x's chick made me want my ? blue/black.. Lol

That was vita
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belly
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    Cinematography on Belly is way better than Juice.

Also DMX's acting skills were brilliant considering he wasn't a trained thesbian like Tupac and didn't go to Baltimore School for the Arts like Pac did.
    DMX acting has been well recieved by critics like Roger Ebert. And DMX made the movie before he bacame a Huge star in the rap game.

The influence of Belly in terms of lingo is huge also years after the movie came out people started saying 'One' or 'One Hunnid'.

Wtf
    You can act or you can't
    You can't say oh well I give him credit cause he wasn't trained, wtf is that?

Also one and one hunnid were said way before belly came out
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Never understood the hate for Belly but this is easy.
    Me neither.

Juice is great no doubt.

the only downside to Belly for me was...

-as mentioned, the going back to africa with no particular country mentioned
    -the female jamaican assassin that looked like a Haiti voodoo queen
    -dmx's quick rise through the ranks of the black muslims to get close enough to ? the leader

other than that, I found that movie cool

Belly isn't a "terrible" movie in the sense that it's a ? film. It's one of those films that's so out there it's entertaining. ? shooting each other in the middle of restaurants? Nas and his barber catching a body outside the barber shop? Method Man's entire character lol. DMX about to go on the run and saying silly ? like "When it rains, ? get wet." Everything in it was just over the top to the point it's funny as hell. Juice only gets funny once you've seen it 20 times and you start noticing little ? .

I dont see what's so out there about that line "When it rains, ? get wet" - i mean im sure you know that isn't meant in the literal sense. That's like a metaphor or play on words basically meaning cats get dealt with/shot/dead or whatever. It wasn't an uncommon thing to say in the 90's.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    Lol @ Belly and Belly 2 getting watched by me tonight and thinking about this thread
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belly
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Lol @ Belly and Belly 2 getting watched by me tonight and thinking about this thread

Belly 2 is toilet water
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The studio made Hype cut a lot out of Belly which might account for the incoherence...
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    Hold the ? up they made a sequel to Belly???
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Belly
    Its not a proper sequel. Its just a ? movie with the game and omar from the wire...no one from belly had anything to do with it, the story was not tied into it in any way, it was low budget and very wack...tho game did throw in a gunit diss of course.

The production company had the rights to the belly name, so they just called it belly 2, to get us hip hop heads to watch it before we realized it ain't have a damn thing to do with belly
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    "You gon get yours, B."
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Juice
    Belly 2 is more State property ish. The first Belly looks like a long ass Hype Williams music video
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    Hold the ? up they made a sequel to Belly???

Yeah....... Do NOT watch it. Please understand I'm trying to help lol
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    The acting in Belly is terrible. They should of casted Mos Def in Nas's roll, he would of pulled it off better.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Juice
    Both Belly`s are bad tho just in different ways
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    all we remember from belly is that Nas wanted to go back to Afrika and jamaicans.

Juice..... i aint gone even say nothing. im just gonna ask a question:

Why does Bishop get to hold the gun?

juice.jpg
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belly was a masterpiece in its own right. Ill admit it was like a long music but it still worked. That was the brilliance in it. Hype basically took rappers and made them actors.Nas and tboz acting was horrible but dmx held his own. Juice was definitely the better movie technically. Its like comparing apples to oranges.
    Menace vs juice would be more comparable
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Belly
    mohamed wrote: »
    Belly was a masterpiece in its own right. Ill admit it was like a long music but it still worked. That was the brilliance in it. Hype basically took rappers and made them actors.Nas and tboz acting was horrible but dmx held his own. Juice was definitely the better movie technically. Its like comparing apples to oranges.
    Menace vs juice would be more comparable

Menace >>>>>> Juice
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Belly
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    The studio made Hype cut a lot out of Belly which might account for the incoherence...

What??? The movie is like almost 150 minutes... They shoulda cut more
    On the real, im a short story writer on the side and first thing you learn is you really just need one main character facing some crisis, a side secondary story and thats it
    Most times the side story is just a love story

Take good will hunting...main story is matt damon is mad smart but has lots of emotional baggage so he has to change that lest he go down the wrong path. That's the main story. Her achieves it by hooking up with robin williams. The side story is him with minnie driver and the love story. Bada boom bada bing you got a movie.

What did belly try to do?

First dmx, nas and weebay do a robbery to start the movie, but going to dmx house after they already seem like they were rich do why they robbing? But anyway so are they robbers?

Oh wait dmx wants to meet with jamaciab ? and sell drugs

Oh wait he has these two kids with him who wanna get wild

Oh ok nas and his girl tired of the life

Oh wait dmx go to jamacia and ? a ?

Ok now they go to nebrasaka and set up shop

Oh ? ? in nebraska goes left

Nas is in nyc, dmx is with them kids selling weed?

Oh ? knowledge calls from jail..who exactly is knowledge? Who knows? Dmx say suck my ? .how close was dmx and knowledge? Who knows?

Ok now one of dmx young boys kills the other while dmx smoke weed in resturant?

Dmx go to jail

Method man goes to ? dude in nebraska

Dmx gets to work with fbi to take down a black power leader (what the ? did that come from?)

Methofld man somehow drove from Nebraska to nyc and goes after dmx girl

Jamaican don dada gets killed in a scene that is totally useless abd means nothing

Nas getting haircut and az has a baby and dips and nas and barber ? dude

Nas say lets go to Africa

Method man killed by dmx girl

Dmx gets to be minister right hand man and minister is like I know you gonna ? me but hear this first

Nas goes to africa....

The end

I mean what the ? that's 15 ? stories

You make belly better by either focusing on nas or dmx
    I think nas was stronger
    Here is what you do nas is a guy that wants out the game dmx is trying to keep him in it, t boz also wants out
    take out all the nebraska ? , the blsck minister ? thr Jamaican ? abd just focus on nas wanting out and having to decide between dmx abd his girl
    Movie woulda been tighter and still been as cool visually

Hype tried to do to much
    Lol at you thinking if there were less cuts itd be better...I'm not trying to watch a five hour movie
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belly
    Lets stop playing like Belly ain't the GOAT Hip Hop film of our generation in terms of relevence alone.
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belly
    But what about Africa
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
    Belly
    Also a scene in Belly has the exchange on Nas Illmatic 'One Love' scripted into the movie.verse 3 of “One Love”,

Nas showcases his descriptive narratives in an encounter he had with a troubled twelve year old boy he calls Shorty Doo-? . As Shorty begins to smoke a blunt, Nas goes on to describe his body language as he provides Shorty with some guidance:

“He inhaled so deep/ shut his eyes like he was sleep/

Started coughing/ one eye peeked to watch me speak/“

And later on in the verse he rhymes:

“Shorty’s laugh was cold blooded as he spoke so foul/

Only twelve trying to tell me that he liked my style/

Then I rose, wiping the blunts ash from my clothes/

Then froze only to blow the herb smoke through my nose/ “

beatsandpotatoes.com/the-art-of-story-telling-hip-hop/
    belly-small-300x168.jpg
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Belly
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    Also a scene in Belly has the exchange on Nas Illmatic 'One Love' scripted into the movie.verse 3 of “One Love”,

Nas showcases his descriptive narratives in an encounter he had with a troubled twelve year old boy he calls Shorty Doo-? . As Shorty begins to smoke a blunt, Nas goes on to describe his body language as he provides Shorty with some guidance:

“He inhaled so deep/ shut his eyes like he was sleep/

Started coughing/ one eye peeked to watch me speak/“

And later on in the verse he rhymes:

“Shorty’s laugh was cold blooded as he spoke so foul/

Only twelve trying to tell me that he liked my style/

Then I rose, wiping the blunts ash from my clothes/

Then froze only to blow the herb smoke through my nose/ “

beatsandpotatoes.com/the-art-of-story-telling-hip-hop/
    belly-small-300x168.jpg

Shorty had terrible blunt rollin skills

Actually most the blunts rolled in the film were all ? up
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
    Belly
    Also Nas had the crispiest fade in the history of Black America in Belly
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the real, im a short story writer on the side and first thing you learn is you really just need one main character facing some crisis, a side secondary story and thats it

Take good will hunting...main story is matt damon is mad smart but has lots of emotional baggage so he has to change that lest he go down the wrong path. That's the main story. Her achieves it by hooking up with robin williams. The side story is him with minnie driver and the love story. Bada boom bada bing you got a movie.

First dmx, nas and weebay do a robbery to start the movie, but going to dmx house after they already seem like they were rich do why they robbing? But anyway so are they robbers?

Oh ? knowledge calls from jail..who exactly is knowledge? Who knows? Dmx say suck my ? .how close was dmx and knowledge? Who knows?

Dmx go to jail

Dmx gets to work with fbi to take down a black power leader (what the ? did that come from?)

Jamaican don dada gets killed in a scene that is totally useless abd means nothing

Dmx gets to be minister right hand man and minister is like I know you gonna ? me but hear this first

Nas goes to africa....

The end

I think nas was stronger
    Here is what you do nas is a guy that wants out the game dmx is trying to keep him in it, t boz also wants out
    take out all the nebraska ? , the blsck minister ? thr Jamaican ? abd just focus on nas wanting out and having to decide between dmx abd his girl

Hype tried to do to much
    Lol at you thinking if there were less cuts itd be better...I'm not trying to watch a five hour movie

My ? ... you think the movie's too long but decided to summarize it anyway even though I'm sure everyone in this ? seen it...

I never said it would've been better, but I'd rather watch a 3 hour movie that makes sense than a movie that's almost as long that doesn't make sense...

And you want to cut out the best part of the movie (The trip to Jamaica)?

Then, you imply Belly should've been more like Good Will Hunting while "bada boom bada bing" becoming Matt Damon's character...

You write short stories? That's cute... I've written two full-length feature screenplays...

You should tighten your titangraphs...
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Belly

Dmx go to jail

Nas goes to africa....

The end

I think nas was stronger

Hype tried to do to much

My ? ... you think the movie's too long but decided to summarize it anyway even though I'm sure everyone in this ? seen it...

I never said it would've been better, but I'd rather watch a 3 hour movie that makes sense than a movie that's almost as long that doesn't make sense...

And you want to cut out the best part of the movie (The trip to Jamaica)?

Then, you imply Belly should've been more like Good Will Hunting while "bada boom bada bing" becoming Matt Damon's character...

You write short stories? That's cute... I've written two full-length feature screenplays...

You should tighten your titangraphs...
    I really aint mean to attack you my dude, im just high and ranting
    Its not that serious