What Beef Did the most Damage to HipHop as a Culture???

Options

Comments

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ofcourse Big & Pac. But ? sleep on LL and Canibus. Canibus lyrically bodied LL and anybody who studies lyrics, punchlines & rhyme skill knows this. But LL used his celebrity to sway public opinion. I remember arguing with a ? that Canibus won the battle, and all he could say is "but who got more money", "LL got more hits". The media also sided with LL

2nd round Knockout > LL screaming
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    East(Big) Versus West(Pac)
    LL>>>>Canibus
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pac and Biggie did so much damage that people see...but even the ? people dont think about: it made it so nggas cant even lyrically attack one another without it goin there, or even more prevalent, nggas usin the fake fear of it 'goin there', as a reason not to lyrically go back at a ngga
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Nggas pickin 50 vs NY are in fairytale land.

There was no star except Ja that was stifled due to 50. That very well, probably, was gon be the end of NY's run anyway.

Yall rainmaking. In other words, you sayin its gon rain, then when it rain, you think it's because you said it was gon rain lol No. Its a coincidence

NY was gon be over anyway. The south was comin and couldnt be contained, thats what was gon happen. And as Jada put it: "cant tell where he from, jamaican queens, cali, or down south." 50 switched up his style and ate. The beef aint ? nobody's career in NY but Ja

The end of NY, quiet as kept, REALLY had nothin to do w/ 50.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Nggas pickin 50 vs NY are in fairytale land.

There was no star except Ja that was stifled due to 50. That very well, probably, was gon be the end of NY's run anyway.

Yall rainmaking. In other words, you sayin its gon rain, then when it rain, you think it's because you said it was gon rain lol No. Its a coincidence

NY was gon be over anyway. The south was comin and couldnt be contained, thats what was gon happen. And as Jada put it: "cant tell where he from, jamaican queens, cali, or down south." 50 switched up his style and ate. The beef aint ? nobody's career in NY but Ja

The end of NY, quiet as kept, REALLY had nothin to do w/ 50.

Interesting.

Another way to look at it is that after around 2005/06 there was nothing left for NY rappers to rap about. Every topic, style and theme had been covered. Every production style had been used.

All the bases had been covered.

After around 2005 the well was dry and 50 Cent was left holding the bag, an empty bag at that.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    gucci and jeezy coulda made good music together...and rick ross and jeezy

Gucci Mane ? your song up, e.g. his wack ass verse and lame ass flow on Ross, "M.C. Hammer" The song is hitting is like on a 10, then Gucci's wack ass come and takes the ? down to minus infinity. ? is straight garbage. Pretty soon it's gonna be time to make a "Isn't About Time That ? Admit Gucci Mane was Straight Trash?" thread.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beef is extra Lean in the Game is that a Good or Bad thing???
  • TDEsouth
    TDEsouth Members Posts: 4
    Options
    East vs. West of course
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Great thread my brother. I'd say 2Pac & Biggie just because we lost Tupac that man was special.

but the sad truth is that Pac died cause he was trynna prove he was tuff and was a blood... Biggie was collateral damage
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I remember how this beef was, it got too serious when Suge got on stage and said that ? about Puff.
    Then Pac got shot at Quad Studios and Hip Hop forever changed.
    Pac clearly said this was between him, Big and Puff but NY ? had to jump in it and made the ? hot.
    I think had ? stayed out of it, Pac and Big would have eventually squashed it and what really set Pac off was Big Stretch siding with Big and them after Pac clearly gave him and The Live Squad a shot.
    Nobody outside of NY knew who they were until Pac had him in his videos, producing on his albums, featuring on his songs and taking him with him everywhere.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Benzino Versus Eminem
    source last major staple of respect to lyrical thoughtful rap. XXL gave birth to complex
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hip hop hasn't been the same since.....
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IRony vs the IC
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent Versus NYC
    Why the hell did i pick 50 smh
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Biggie vs Tupac/East vs West
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited August 2016
    Options
    U need to add the meek vs Drake beef.. cuz that beef showed that u can have ghostwriters & stupid muthafukas who dont know ? about hip hop will still think u can win rap battles & b top 5 & j.......it's krazy how US hip hop allowed a foreign Canadian culture vulture like Drake to change the rules of US hip hop.... there is no way u can b top dawg n hip hop wit ghostwriters but n 2days game Drake has proven that has changed
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    How can anyone select any beef other than Pac and BIG?

And I think the Nas and Jay beef was the best for hip hop.. it woke a sleeping giant and humbled an arrogant one..

I gotcha...
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/524156/what-beef-had-the-most-benefit-for-hiphop-as-a-culture#latest
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    How can anyone select any beef other than Pac and BIG?

And I think the Nas and Jay beef was the best for hip hop.. it woke a sleeping giant and humbled an arrogant one..

Wait Jay got humbled??? If anything he got MORE arrogant after that
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    Why the hell did i pick 50 smh

In all honesty a convincing argument can be made for this beef causing ? loads of damage to hiphop and particularly the east coast scene...
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent Versus NYC
    I think hip-hop prospered after the death of Big and Pac.
  • Karl.
    Options
    50 Cent Versus NYC
    The Feds V Hip Hop should've been an option.
  • Karl.
    Options
    50 Cent Versus NYC
    Karl. wrote: »
    I think hip-hop prospered after the death of Big and Pac.

As a culture though.. the deaths of 2 of the biggest stars of the time probably damaged its reputation. So Big V Pac is probably correct.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When u think of rap beef u think big v pac..

Nas n Jay were beefing behind a girl. Their beef kinda hurt NY too..

50 v NY, from the standpoint of a niqqa watching Rome burn, was kinda entertaining. That niqqa bullied an entire city. Lox n nas were the only niqqaz who stood a chance..
    https://youtu.be/nq1pRttDgJQ