Juice vs Belly

Options
1235»

Comments

• RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belly
    Damn bruh, dude called yo passion in life "cute" and then ? on it lol ? wasn't playin wit yo ass
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belly
    RiGGA wrote: »
    Damn bruh, dude called yo passion in life "cute" and then ? on it lol ? wasn't playin wit yo ass

Belly obviously means a lot to him, he took it personal
    I dint going to keep attacking his favorite movie on some joke ?
    If he wanna compare his work to mine. I got no problem doing that
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    all we remember from belly is that Nas wanted to go back to Afrika and jamaicans.

Juice..... i aint gone even say nothing. im just gonna ask a question:

Why does Bishop get to hold the gun?

juice.jpg

Cuz he already got it muthafucka!

yall slow. lol

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Juice
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Never understood the hate for Belly but this is easy.
    Me neither.

Juice is great no doubt.

the only downside to Belly for me was...

-as mentioned, the going back to africa with no particular country mentioned
    -the female jamaican assassin that looked like a Haiti voodoo queen
    -dmx's quick rise through the ranks of the black muslims to get close enough to ? the leader

other than that, I found that movie cool

Belly isn't a "terrible" movie in the sense that it's a ? film. It's one of those films that's so out there it's entertaining. ? shooting each other in the middle of restaurants? Nas and his barber catching a body outside the barber shop? Method Man's entire character lol. DMX about to go on the run and saying silly ? like "When it rains, ? get wet." Everything in it was just over the top to the point it's funny as hell. Juice only gets funny once you've seen it 20 times and you start noticing little ? .

I dont see what's so out there about that line "When it rains, ? get wet" - i mean im sure you know that isn't meant in the literal sense. That's like a metaphor or play on words basically meaning cats get dealt with/shot/dead or whatever. It wasn't an uncommon thing to say in the 90's.

? there's nothing deep about that line that needs to be explained lol. That's why it's funny. Its one of those phrases somebody says when trying to appear to be a deep thinker and end up saying some Captain Obvious ?
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hop off, QueerPestilence...
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Belly
    BenjaminE wrote: »

That's a good one, master screenwriter.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belly
    Belly has way more quotables than Juice

Bundy: The ? is wrong with this ? ? That's your man That's your man.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belly
    Belly Soundtrack >> Juice Soundtrack
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Look bro, I got nothing against you... you came at me so I came at you... I really don't care that much about Belly... haven't seen it in a minute... I enjoy a good debate... it's nothing personal... lol @ that ? @RiGGA‌ with the instigation though... Dude drops one diss and wants to put other posters against each other... I see you doggie...
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    Juice is a hood classic. I can smell few cliches there but Belly got them all over it. Belly is so laughable you can't take single scene seriously.
    Juice is like a time capsule , essential hip-hop movie about hood life, DJing, ghetto politics, loyalty, friendship and love. ? Hype Williams glossy style - Juice is perfectly shot - cinematographer should get Oscar nod, since it captured Harlem streets with such rawness and reality (especially night scenes). I watch Juice every year, I watched Belly once and never wanted get back to it.
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belly

Look bro, I got nothing against you... you came at me so I came at you... I really don't care that much about Belly... haven't seen it in a minute... I enjoy a good debate... it's nothing personal... lol @ that ? @RiGGA‌ with the instigation though... Dude drops one diss and wants to put other posters against each other... I see you doggie...

Feelings for excessive punctuation (abuse of ellipses)

CaryGrantYouMad.gif
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    Juice was better in every way. Belly still dope to me but the way the story progressed seemed incoherent and all over the place. Plus my man nasir may just be the worst rapper/actor, even worse than jay.

Oj da juiceman is a much better actor than nas, no bs.

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Juice
    both are amazing movies...but tupac is a much better actor than nas or dmx

like noble said, the story is all over the place a bit, if it was written more tightly then it would of been better...and even though i really like the movie, hearing dmx try and talk makes me cringe, he may not speak a normal sentence in that whole movie

but nothing is worse than belly 2
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    Now THIS is a good poll.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The studio made Hype cut a lot out of Belly which might account for the incoherence...

What??? The movie is like almost 150 minutes... They shoulda cut more
    On the real, im a short story writer on the side and first thing you learn is you really just need one main character facing some crisis, a side secondary story and thats it
    Most times the side story is just a love story

Take good will hunting...main story is matt damon is mad smart but has lots of emotional baggage so he has to change that lest he go down the wrong path. That's the main story. Her achieves it by hooking up with robin williams. The side story is him with minnie driver and the love story. Bada boom bada bing you got a movie.

What did belly try to do?

First dmx, nas and weebay do a robbery to start the movie, but going to dmx house after they already seem like they were rich do why they robbing? But anyway so are they robbers?

Oh wait dmx wants to meet with jamaciab ? and sell drugs

Oh wait he has these two kids with him who wanna get wild

Oh ok nas and his girl tired of the life

Oh wait dmx go to jamacia and ? a ?

Ok now they go to nebrasaka and set up shop

Oh ? ? in nebraska goes left

Nas is in nyc, dmx is with them kids selling weed?

Oh ? knowledge calls from jail..who exactly is knowledge? Who knows? Dmx say suck my ? .how close was dmx and knowledge? Who knows?

Ok now one of dmx young boys kills the other while dmx smoke weed in resturant?

Dmx go to jail

Method man goes to ? dude in nebraska

Dmx gets to work with fbi to take down a black power leader (what the ? did that come from?)

Methofld man somehow drove from Nebraska to nyc and goes after dmx girl

Jamaican don dada gets killed in a scene that is totally useless abd means nothing

Nas getting haircut and az has a baby and dips and nas and barber ? dude

Nas say lets go to Africa

Method man killed by dmx girl

Dmx gets to be minister right hand man and minister is like I know you gonna ? me but hear this first

Nas goes to africa....

The end

I mean what the ? that's 15 ? stories

You make belly better by either focusing on nas or dmx
    I think nas was stronger
    Here is what you do nas is a guy that wants out the game dmx is trying to keep him in it, t boz also wants out
    take out all the nebraska ? , the blsck minister ? thr Jamaican ? abd just focus on nas wanting out and having to decide between dmx abd his girl
    Movie woulda been tighter and still been as cool visually

Hype tried to do to much
    Lol at you thinking if there were less cuts itd be better...I'm not trying to watch a five hour movie

The Nebraska part is important though,it showed how dealers from large cities move to smaller cities to set up shop.
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Belly
    freshb651 wrote: »
    The studio made Hype cut a lot out of Belly which might account for the incoherence...

What??? The movie is like almost 150 minutes... They shoulda cut more
    On the real, im a short story writer on the side and first thing you learn is you really just need one main character facing some crisis, a side secondary story and thats it
    Most times the side story is just a love story

Take good will hunting...main story is matt damon is mad smart but has lots of emotional baggage so he has to change that lest he go down the wrong path. That's the main story. Her achieves it by hooking up with robin williams. The side story is him with minnie driver and the love story. Bada boom bada bing you got a movie.

What did belly try to do?

First dmx, nas and weebay do a robbery to start the movie, but going to dmx house after they already seem like they were rich do why they robbing? But anyway so are they robbers?

Oh wait dmx wants to meet with jamaciab ? and sell drugs

Oh wait he has these two kids with him who wanna get wild

Oh ok nas and his girl tired of the life

Oh wait dmx go to jamacia and ? a ?

Ok now they go to nebrasaka and set up shop

Oh ? ? in nebraska goes left

Nas is in nyc, dmx is with them kids selling weed?

Oh ? knowledge calls from jail..who exactly is knowledge? Who knows? Dmx say suck my ? .how close was dmx and knowledge? Who knows?

Ok now one of dmx young boys kills the other while dmx smoke weed in resturant?

Dmx go to jail

Method man goes to ? dude in nebraska

Dmx gets to work with fbi to take down a black power leader (what the ? did that come from?)

Methofld man somehow drove from Nebraska to nyc and goes after dmx girl

Jamaican don dada gets killed in a scene that is totally useless abd means nothing

Nas getting haircut and az has a baby and dips and nas and barber ? dude

Nas say lets go to Africa

Method man killed by dmx girl

Dmx gets to be minister right hand man and minister is like I know you gonna ? me but hear this first

Nas goes to africa....

The end

I mean what the ? that's 15 ? stories

You make belly better by either focusing on nas or dmx
    I think nas was stronger
    Here is what you do nas is a guy that wants out the game dmx is trying to keep him in it, t boz also wants out
    take out all the nebraska ? , the blsck minister ? thr Jamaican ? abd just focus on nas wanting out and having to decide between dmx abd his girl
    Movie woulda been tighter and still been as cool visually

Hype tried to do to much
    Lol at you thinking if there were less cuts itd be better...I'm not trying to watch a five hour movie

The Nebraska part is important though,it showed how dealers from large cities move to smaller cities to set up shop.

Put the weed in the bags first, then get money
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    Juice was a better movie but belly was more fun to watch.

Nas can't act for ?